1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

sad and bitter Pulis:

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

I started this thread and my point was how much of a sad hypocrite your manager is!

Im sick of hearing Stoke fans winging and moaning about that tackle, the fact is it was dirty, and after spending 18 months out with injury Meyler (luckly) got out of the way. With the speed Huth slid in who are any of you to say Meyler wasnt hurt when landing.

You got away with murder against Spurs and I remember Shawcross manhandling Kenwyn Jones constantly a couple of seasons ago and you getting away with it, so take the defeat on the chin and move on!!

2. StokieSmit

StokieSmit Member

Where's that come from?

I did not blame Meyler for what happened. It was a clumsy tackle which luckily did not result in a nasty injury. I was pointing out that it looked bad due to the jump and the contact between knee and foot.

3. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Didn't Pulis moan about them not getting a goal, when Shawcross had held the keeper down against Tottenham last season I think.

4. Willa Pond

Willa Pond Active Member

What's got the Sunderland fans angry is having Myler called a cheat when anyone who knows anything about him knows he isn't that sort of lad, also his history of bad injuries should have given Pulis pause to wonder if he might actually have been hurt before running his mouth off.

5. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

He was sent off for a tackle that was designed to cripple the opposing player even if he was not successful because the player managed to avoid it

6. StokieSmit

StokieSmit Member

I really should be in bed now as the kids will have me up early in the morning to play in the snow, but as I'm probably the only Stokie on here at the moment, I feel, rightly or wrongly, that this is directed at me. I have no issue with the result. I do have a problem with the attitude of some on here towards Stoke fans attempting to defend Huth for his clumsy tackle. Luckily it did not result in an injury, but compared to some of the tackles we've seen this season I don't think he deserves all the abuse he is getting. It's only natural for supporters to defend those that play for their team.

There's no point at all in dragging up incidents from the past as this post is solely about the tackle and the comments from Mr Pulis. He is obviously going to defend his own players and he is quite right to say that there are far too many players who attempt to get opponents sent off. I do think Meyler stayed down too long. It didn't need a physio to tell him that he was ok, he could have worked that out for himself in no time at all.

7. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

I hired some actors to recreate the foul, making sure the guy playing Meyler made a point of showing Hoofs rash tackle did connect with his foot as he tried to kick the ball.
    Took awhile to get it right where Hoof's impetus and knee connecting,actually showed Meyler's leg flying back.
    uncontrollably. ,<ok>

8. MackemsRule

I was going to recreate Fullers tackles but the actors were scared in case of serious injury.

9. StokieSmit

StokieSmit Member

Do I really have to point out that I was talking about your comment and not the video?!? <doh>

Or am I being a little naive in my tired state in not realising that this comment was an attempt at winding me up?

10. StokieSmit

StokieSmit Member

Now that tackle was crap!

11. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Im starting to sound like a broken record here!

1) How do you know he wasnt in pain. The lump on his knee on top of 2 career saving Ops on the same knee suggest he may have been!
    2) Huth was already gona get sent off regardless of how long Meyler was down!

12. MackemsRule

Moi?
    Wind someone up?
    Never!
    Next you will be calling me a cheat!

13. StokieSmit

StokieSmit Member

I'm going to have to go to bed now as 1) I'm tired and 2) I've had enough of this.

I can't be bothered looking back at all my other posts on this, but the only points I've tried to get across are that it wasn't as bad a tackle as it initially looked and luckily it didn't result in any injury to Meyler. I also think that he needn't have stayed down for as long as he did. I didn't say that this influenced the ref, he had already made his mind up having seen the tackle and Meyler's attempts to avoid contact.

Nighty,night!

14. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

I have some pictures of Adolf Hitler/Joe Stalin/Pol Pot etc that "does not show that they were in the wrong" however with hindsight and several years of experience and a little bit of social concience<spelling> I do realise that in fact arguably they were in the wrong

15. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

I cannot believe some of the comments here from some Stoke supporters am I to believe that you think Meyler should have stood there and taken the tackle ? the ball had gone why did Huth go to ground with his foot outstretched other than to injure the opposing player I wonder if you are becoming inured to foul play by watching it week after week

16. the falcon

the falcon Active Member

That's exactly what you are doing you divvy. If Pulis and Huth are adament it was not a sending off then appeal. Otherwise piss off back to your own board.:emoticon-0172-mooni

17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

This is getting boring now so I'm gonna leave this particular thread on a positive towards Stoke...

Thanks for the 6 points.

18. Billy Death

Billy Death Guest

**** off.

19. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Right my two pence worth...

**** tackle, also **** conditions, not red for me....but can see how some think i was.....

Now for Pulis...

I may be the only one from the SAFC board who actually quite liked him..

Doing a canny job for them up to now...(the merits on their style, is up to them, and it works)

Never thought of him as a cry baby, thought that no1 spot was reserved for Wenger...
    But in this case he's wrong....he'll get over it.....he has to.

But maybe he has took Stoke as far as he can, and he knows it, and is clutching at straws.....

20. Dyno

Dyno Member

Pullis talking about cheating?? <doh>

That's the reason Joke City are still in this league with there consistent cheating and fouling, I'm not surprised nearly every other PL team wants you out of this league.

For the record I dont think it was a red card but a yellow caught him with his knee as shown on the Pullis photo he sent in to MOTD (sad ****)