1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sakho

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sucky, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Is going to be one beast of a player for us.

might even have to make a song :D

2. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Deadline day I thought we'd pulled off a hell of a signing, the guys been rated as one of the best young CB's since he was 17. PSG must have been crazy to go looking and spending big on other CB's when they had him.

3. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

I absolutely love Sakho - everything about his game is spot on, and he's still young and improving. He's perfect for the PL too, a good old fashioned no nonsense defender, but has the agility and skill to go with it.

I predict he'll have a massive future ahead of him, hopefully with us.

He's an absolute beast of a player, great signing and great addition to the squad <ok>

His stats so far have been phenomenal, especially against Sunderland. I'd like to see his stats from today, because I thought he was one of the stand out players.

4. He certainly looks promising. Maybe he can be our new Hyypia and stick around for ten years before becoming a future manager...? <whistle>

5. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I was extremely happy that we managed to secure his signature. There were a few concerns that we overspent - not a chance. £15m is an absolute bargain and I would even consider him our 'marquee' signing of the summer.

I feel so much more confident when he's in the starting line up - provides strength and power, phenomenal aerial ability and it's great knowing that no other player/striker will get the better of him (physically).

He comes across as a big, no nonesense type of defender but he's not - his first thought is to play the ball out of defence and his passing ability is extremely good. Looks forward, plays it to the feet, plays it with pace which can bypass a few opposing players. He's pretty much a complete defender who will get better with time and experience.

With him, Toure and Cissokho (all french speaking), our defence looks a whole lot more physical and commanding.

6. I think it is a bit strange that we suddenly have two CB's playing so well who most want to see in the starting line-up so much that, should we play with four at the back, we'd have a back pairing where neither player was at the club last season <laugh> Not complaining or saying its an issue, its good that we have competition.

My only question mark regarding CB's at the minute is; why did we sign Ilori? Did we expect Skrtel to leave?

7. Skylarker

I agree with all of that.

He is also a no nonsense defender too when he needs to be - that's the beauty of having such a player like Sakho. He's a master of all things needed, to be one of the best defenders about.

A world class player in the making me thinks <ok>

8. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic, just a slight issue to come out of the back line and dive in from time to time. Needs to be a bit more disciplined, but his tackling is the best I have seen in a long time.

9. So far this season, we have a world class keeper, the best front pairing in the Premier League and now a world class CB <whistle>

10. Skylarker

In the making <whistle>

11. Jimmy Squarefoot

I'm guessing Rodgers doesn't have much faith in Kelly/Toure/Wisdom as the right back, so eliminate that position altogether and strengthen our central defence with an extra CB??

Ilori will replace Coates IMO, and I think Skrtel will leave come January. It's good that he's getting game time ... #ShopWindow

12. Jimmy Squarefoot

All that's missing is a world class midfield, and world class full backs ...

13. Skylarker

Probably!! But he's one for the future and might even play at RB at some point.

I think with Coates getting injured and Skrtel falling out of favour - we got in Ilori. Now Skrtel is playing well, we're left with more options than probably needed. Not a bad thing though I guess.

14. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

We just need to work out the best combination of defenders to use. On current form? Toure and Sahko, though Skrtel has been immense too! That's me just hoping we don't stick out this dreadful 3-5-2 formation..

15. Immediately its not a bad thing but what will Ilori be thinking? He's just made a big move and isn't getting a look in <laugh>

16. This will surprise a lot of people but if we are to persist with the three CB's then I think Skrtel is the best option to play in the middle with Toure and Sakho either side. Can't see BR leaving the VC out the side though. Only other way I see them fitting is with Sakho at RCB, Agger at LCB and Toure in the middle but I don't think that is as strong.

17. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

top post and couldn't have said it better myself, repped :)

18. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

Ilori - One for the future.

He is 20. Not many center backs play at that age. But the ones who do make stupid mistakes, pull silly faces and play for United.

19. I understand that but why pay big money (which it was considering) and then isolate him? We should have bought him and loaned him straight back (or to someone else in the Premier League if we could) for a season. sitting in the stands isn't helping his progression.

20. Jimmy Squarefoot

Integrate him into the squad, the club, the culture before shipping him off. Learn our style and philosophies, and then he can apply them elsewhere ...