1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 25th. September 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Sep 24, 2021.

1. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

And we're 1-0 up, as are Everton. Good job my brother doesn't listen to me <laugh>

2. OddDog

Staff Member

The Cambridgeshire is the usual lottery - my pin has stuck in Montather

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

2nd. SP 12/1.

Reebok and SwanHills like this.
  4. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

(Ran well in third place at 9/1 SP, but no chance with worthy winner. e/w will show tiny profit!)

5. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Immediate reach for the 'ignore' button, want nothing to do with this trouble-maker. No harm done if I do not have to read his trash. :emoticon-0121-angry :bandit:

6. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

My fault that mate. Got giddy and started backing Wednesday. Stopped now though so they might get back on track

OddDog likes this.
  7. OddDog

Staff Member

Working so far today buddy <ok>

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  8. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

hi boris , you been on a sabbatical ?

9. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

I was on Sacred Bridge at 12/1 and 6/1 for the Cheveley Park but expectation was, as ever, low. Sent off way short at 13/8, she was one of the first beaten and she ran a complete howler.

In the build up this week, Ger Lyons had explained that he doesn't like wasting money taking horses over from Ireland unless he thinks they are going to win. You could have fooled me, with Dr Zempf also stinking the place out in the Middle Park.

My first thought in the latter race was that Castle Star was left with a lot to do and seeing as how that had happened to the colt before you would have thought they might have eschewed the hold up tactics. Anyway Perfect Power came under pressure early but stayed on strongly enough to win it. Go Bears Go was disappointing along with Dr Zempf while Castle Star came out best of the three with form together, as the outsider of those three colts.

Perfect Power was cut to 14/1 for the 2000 Guineas but that does not interest me in the slightest. He's a sprinter but no doubt they will be drawn into trying to force him into a Guineas shoebox.

Sacred Bridge was pushed out to 16/1 for the Commonwealth Cup but you wouldn't be in a hurry to back her for anything based on today's poor effort.

I have had a bet on Straight Answer for that race though. He impressed me as much as anything I have seen this season and he looks a serious sprinter in the making. I expect him to be there when 90% of those quoted have been long forgotten.

Commonwealth Cup Straight Answer 20/1

10. Real Donald Trump

Not sure if thats a serious question, I know youre a bad judge but surely you dont think there is a possibility I would take a vaccine because the suited apes on tv told me to.

rudebwoy likes this.

11. Real Donald Trump

no, Oddy banned me for posting Nazi propaganda, seems he cant handle the truth of history, any other political allegiance is fine though... how democratic of him

12. rudebwoy

not sure any political allegiance are fine , i suspect there will be line .....i must have missed your nazi propaganda , context is all ......

13. Real Donald Trump

i dont have any, never voted in my life and never will, but the demonisation of Nazi Germany in our culture is fascinating, none of the ww2/hitler story adds up when you look into it, and when you find out about the economics it starts to make sense why the communist/capitalist world joined forces at the behest of international finance, we are enslaved by the same entities to this day and thats why its demonised so radically that moderators are compelled to wipe the information, its programming

a country goes from bankrupt to the richest in europe in a couple of years, wiping out unemployment and homelessness, providing the highest standard of living for the average man ever achieved and its just a coincidence it must be destroyed and never spoke of again

14. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Tenebrism is popular in the Guineas betting but I think too many failed to fire today in the Cheveley Park.

Sacred Bridge ran 19 lbs below form, Zain Claudette ran 19 lbs below form, Corazon ran 16 lbs below form.

The colts race sees several awarded personal bests today, even those who dead heated for 5th were put up by the Racing Post. Asymmetric in 7th place was only 1 lb short of his best ever. I like fairy stories myself but I think if we were to take the view that the 7th horse in any race is the one who has run to form, we will soon find a lot of horses badly handicapped and selling races being contested by horses rated in the 100s. Laughable.

15. Real Donald Trump

both Juvenile sprints were poor, Perfect Power looked slightly better than the bunch going into it and thats how it turned out, they finished in an embarrassing heap for a G1, Sacred Bridge looked the only good filly going into the Cheveley Park but she ran no race leaving a maiden winner able to bridge the gap in a G1

looked to me like both Lyons horses were nobbled, heavily place laid on betfair apparently and neither went a yard after being massively hyped up in the media all week

16. rudebwoy

if you mean the state controlled public works , it was a kenysian type economy , massive infrastructure programmes to stimulate economic growth , reduce unemployment, allied with german efficiency , but you surely need to look into the big capitalists in germany who funded the nazis , there is also the very adverse side of that ideology , that saw all opposition , trade unionists , those on the real left ( not stalinist so called communists ) subject to beatngs , then eventually killed , all fascist regimes do this , dehumanise their opponents and kill them .
    Stalin was no different , couldn’t have been further from a true communist if he tried , no , always look to who benefits ......the german model the nazis developed needing constant expansion to grow , hence the militarisation ,
    Today , the americans do a similar thing , but they call it democracy , on their terms ......same thing essentially , war economy , imperialist control of resources , while bombing and killing any who are in the way ......