1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 3rd. December 2022

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Dec 2, 2022.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Saturday's Meetings

Fairyhouse
    N/H 8 Races 11:35-3:35p.m.
    Wetherby
    N/H 7 Races 11:40-3:08p.m.
    Aintree
    N/H 7 Races 11:45-3:15p.m.
    Chepstow
    N/H 7 Races 11:53-3:22p.m.
    Sandown
    N/H 7 Races 12:00-3:30p.m.
    Wolverhampton(E)
    A/W 7 Races 5:20-8:20p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Sporting Life
    Racing Post

Good Luck <ok>

SwanHills and SaveTheHumans like this.
  2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Aintree
    14,05 Five Star Getaway 14/1 e/w sky seven places, 12/1 and 11/1 six places others

3. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Do not shoot the messenger time – Sandown double! Actually, this is really a made up double. Last week my mate gave me a non-runner and a loser. The non-runner is declared for the 12:35 so I am presuming the info is still valid as it has not run for nearly a year.

Sandown 12:35 – West Balboa; second in the Challow Hurdle when last seen in December 2021, yard bang in form.

The other one comes from a different source but no degree in rocket science is needed for an odds on shot from Gary Moore’s yard:

Sandown 12:00 – Authorised Speed; easy winner on bow over timber at Lingfield on soft ground over further.

Unsurprisingly, Timeform are tipping both in the SportingLife.com race comments. At the short prices, I will be giving both a miss. No doubt a few of you will want them for multiple bets.

GOLDBONES, Pilgrim and SaveTheHumans like this.
  4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I received a speeding ticket today <laugh>

SaveTheHumans likes this.
  5. stick

stick Bumper King

In that Sandown 12:00 Nicky The Needle gives a debut to Immortal. This is only interesting in as much as Hendo has won the race on nine of its last fifteen runnings including with none other than Constitution Hill

GOLDBONES, SwanHills, LG and 3 others like this.
  6. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Just going through the Aintree card and a few fond memories popped into my head about an old war horse I used to love when he was alive and racing, Aintree brought about the memories due to the terrific record he had at that track in particular. The horse in question was Monet's Garden. He was some race horse, winning over a variety of distances and often lowering some fancy colours, namely Kauto Star to name the biggest.

What horse of years gone by holds a fond memory to you - Not one of the superstars but one who held their own at a reasonable level for a time and maybe doesn't get the recognition they deserve in latter years.

Sadly Monet passed away in 2018 but he's a horse who holds a special place in my mind thinking back to his racing days.

7. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Aintree
    13,30 Sounds Russian 9/2
    15,15 Hardi Du Mesnil 20/1 e/w bet365 four places, sky 14/1 five places

Sandown
    15,30 Quick Wave 11/2 bet365, 9/2 others

GOLDBONES and SwanHills like this.
  8. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Sceau Royal for me - just short of the very top level over hurdles and fences but a cracking little horse. With it being the Henry VIII novices chase today I should mention his fine win in that race a few years ago.

SaveTheHumans and GOLDBONES like this.
  9. Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig Active Member

14:05 Aintree
    Rapid Flight @ 50/1 E/W 7places with Sky bet
    Just feel this could go well

10. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

You were surely not stopped on one of your quadrupeds...

I have only ever had one speeding ticket and that was in the USA – and I was the slowest car on the road but my hire car had Atlanta plates so the cop gave me a ticket for doing 64 on a 60 road in Tennessee, not the drivers with local plates that had passed me a minute before.

That Sandown double is currently paying 5/2 at best available prices; and the opener is 16/1 bar two (Authorised Speed and Henderson’s newcomer Immortal). Good luck to those punting today.

GOLDBONES likes this.

11. OddDog

Staff Member

One of my favourite days racing today at Sandown Park - two Grade 1 high speed chases over those fantastic fences plus a Pertemps qualifier.

In the Pertemps qualifier it is hard to understand why Call Me Lord is running - he is already qualified for the final having won the Kempton qualifier and there are doubts around his stamina beyond 2m 5f anyway. Dolphin Square has been making hay in Hunter Chases but the form of his Cheltenham hurdle victory at the beginning of the year reads very well in the context of this race and he is just 2lbs above that mark. He does go well fresh but there may be something lurking further down the handicap. Solid e/w claims though and he ought to be able to qualify for the final. Wilde About Oscar seems to have lost his way completely but is now 11 lbs below his last winning mark and will surely come good soon - albeit not today I think. Saturday afternoon maestro Paul Nicholls has booked young Freddie Gingell for Halo Des Obeaux and he seemed to be really getting his act together when scoring last time out at the course, over 2m 4f. However he is up 6lbs for that win and Freddie's claim is reduced by 3lbs, making him 9lbs higher. Nambiti and Sirobbie are both interesting at the bottom of the handicap but I will stick with Dolphin Square e/w.

Hopefully Jonbon and Shishkin can get the job down - the latter will be given a stern examination by Greaneteen and Edwardstone and of course the Mullins runner warrants respect (although disappointing last time).

Over at Fairyhouse it is a big day for team Mullins with Facile Vega making his hurdle debut and I Am Maximus, having moved from Seven Barrows to Closutton, making his chase debut.

12. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

In the 14:40 at Aintree, a Class-2 Handicap Chase over a distance of just under 2m4f, the Getaway gelding, Cooper's Cross is an improving type who has taken well to Chasing. Hoping for a good run from him. Form reads OK in this event and selection appears to be progressing well. Sam Coltherd rides for his dad's (Stuart Coltherd) Selkirk yard.

12/1 in the generally-available best price at time of writing. E/W best option, of course.

Have an enjoyable and successful weekend folks! :emoticon-0167-beer:

Pilgrim likes this.
  13. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Surely hill sixteen wins today.

14. SaveTheHumans

Cracking shout Oddy. Maxwell looking like his usual seasoned pro self <whistle>

OddDog likes this.
  15. SaveTheHumans

Hill Sixteen is one end of the stadium in Croke Park, Dublin. Notorious due to Dublin fans taking it over anytime they play a match there and making it a hostile atmosphere ( mostly good banter)

Bit of information for some who may not be familiar with where the name comes from to those across the pond.

floridaspearl and GOLDBONES like this.
  16. OddDog

Staff Member

<cracker>

17. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Finished third at good e/w price. Too far back and left far too much to do so did very well to get a podium finish. Winner won it easily.

Pilgrim likes this.
  18. stick

stick Bumper King

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

19. OddDog

Staff Member

:emoticon-0172-mooni

20. OddDog

Staff Member

Lovely performance from Edwardstone.

I can't help thinking that Ascot race against Energumene has ruined Shishkin for good.

SaveTheHumans likes this.