1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saudi Takeover?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Roland Deschain, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

See, this'll be the reason why the take over never happens.

Ashley makes money from us for all the free advertising he gets from plastering our stadium in Sports Direct crap, and any take over always seems to have the cavaet that he'll allowed to keep his SD rubbish up, thus he'll keep making money from us for years after he's gone, and no one wants to agree to this, as a) they don't want to give the pick free money, and b) they don't want memories of his regime still all over the stadium.

Advanced talks, meh. Same takeover ****, different day.

2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

For my two penneth I do feel the interest is genuine. I do feel negotiations have been ongoing for some time. I do believe Staveley wants to buy the Club. I do believe the Saudi’s and Reubens are part of the consortium and they will buy if they can agree a deal.

I also believe that Ashley will be the fly in the ointment and when a deal has just about been agreed will move the goalposts and ask for more either money or “extras” like free advertising, control of the Club Shop or it’s supplies.

This is obviously the biggest test as to whether Ashley ever meant he was willing to sell as there can’t be any issues as to whether the Consortium have the money or not. As has been said though Ashley doesn’t have to sell and he won’t unless he likes the deal. And for him to like the deal the impression I have is that he has to feel as if he’s “won”. Hope it goes through but not holding my breathe.

3. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

^^^^THIS

4. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Exactly what I think. I don't have a feeling of hope with this rumour, I have a feeling of dread mainly because if it doesn't happen - which is entirely likely - then we are absolutely, unequivocally ****ed. And by ****ed I mean stuck with Ashley for, more or less, ever.

Why should we have hope? The following:

- The timeline is in line with what I heard about Ashley being advised to sell "in 1 or 2 years" (in Summer 2018)
    - It's in line with the rebranding
    - It's in line with SD being taken down (remember, SD isn't being rebranded, only the parent company, so SD still need advertising)
    - It's reputable sources (Wall Street and Financial Times)
    - There's no denial from Saudi's PIF
    - There's no comment anywhere else (NUFC)
    - The transfers are, so far, all loan deals with options. Makes sense to not affect assets during a transaction.
    - The pending transfers are all also loans - Danny Rose, Paco Alcacer.
    - Mike's flown back in to the UK today with a private Saudi jet heading up to Newcastle also today
    - The Reuben bros. are heavily involved in Newcastle City developments, particularly around Pilgrim Street
    - Staveley has always wanted to get the club, the ever-reliable George Caulkin said so
    - A Twitter message was hastily deleted (as if meant privately) from the QPR owner to Jamie Reuben wishing him "best of luck" in line with the article.

Reason to be worried:
    - Mike Ashley.

Goes without saying the reason to be worried far outweighs the positives.

5. Magpie Fozz

Magpie Fozz Well-Known Member

I just saw this in the news today - oh look it's the transfer window again and talk of a takeover. <laugh><laugh>

Next report on our "takeover" due out in July/Aug

6. Leo Billy

Leo Billy Well-Known Member

Where have you got the info from about the Saudi jet heading to Newcastle? If that’s actually true that makes it interesting. But you just don’t know if it’s a load of ****e. Maybe the Saudi lads just fancy a cosy weekend in the countries finest city taking in the weather :emoticon-0102-bigsm

7. Roland Deschain

Twitter is full of loonies (myself included). Small private jet activity today.

Yesterday a plane left Farnborough (Ashley often there) for Newcastle.

8. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

There is a difference here though, Ashley is facing mounting pressure from the Fraser Group shareholders who feel he runs a now public company as his own personal private business. Which is really not how public companies work, even when he is the largest shareholder by far.

So, he might be thinking taking a £340M buyout from selling us and putting that away for himself in case he ever loses his Frasers cash cow.

Its what I would do... but then again I'm not a multi-billionaire so what the **** do I know.

9. Roland Deschain

Again according to very reputable sources, he's advised his accountant that "Newcastle will disappear from the books". That was from a Financial Times editor which is going to mean at least 2 validated sources.

10. Welshie

I know Mr. Deschain, but you have left me disappointed far too many times.

11. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Oh yeah.....

:)

Judge Death likes this.
  12. Welshie

OH yes.

13. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Keep you guy's persona life out of it - - it's the take over we're interested in.

Flash likes this.
  14. Roland Deschain

If I had a penny for every time I'd heard that sentence.

15. Welshie

please log in to view this image

16. Leo Billy

Leo Billy Well-Known Member

Wasn’t this the case with the Bin Zayed “takeover” aswell though? Just read an article there in the last few years we’ve been linked to a takeover over 11 times. Who’s the one man who’s dealt with these “11” Ashley. The Saudis could come and give a press conference on Tyne-Tees news and I’d still have 0 confidence it was going to happen. I think Ashley just gets off on our hatred towards him.

17. Welshie

That was Bin Zayed themselves leaking it, because it is often a cunning strategy to crank up media pressure to ungodly levels and make the other side feel pressure.

What people fail to realise is Mike Ashley has literally been slagged off in parliament, he's been before a commission, he has been hated by the city for 10 years. He always wins. And trying to force him to complete a deal cos of a bit of media pressure is going to make him scupper the entire deal.

Seriously, if Mike Ashley was more of a media person, he would literally be the UK's Donald Trump. He's that type of fella.

cronemeister likes this.
  18. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

And Donald Trump is going to buy Iceland (the country) according to sources.
    If Stavely is involved, I very much doubt it's a cash deal, which is probably the only stipulation from Ashley. It is the way he does business.
    If 350 million, were the asking price, is very low for a mid premier league team with a 52 thousand capacity stadium. Pocket money for the alleged new owner.

19. Roland Deschain

Not even remotely. BZG released their own statement, and subsequent soundbytes came from Peter Redding, a radio show host.

Tell you what else is interesting - throughout December there were noises from ****s like Keys about fans being very happy soon. He never expanded, but no prizes for guessing where he's working. Also interesting, that hairy-handed bastard would have NO reason to please NUFC fans.

Now there's claims that the proof of funds has been submitted. The (alleged) consensus is that we are all waiting for Mike Ashley to say either yes or no. That's it, there's nothing else to be done.

20. Welshie

Next up, the Norwegian "Fund" will be buying ****ing West Ham or something.

What the hell is happening too football. It's just a bunch of ****ing dimwits kicking about a ball. <laugh>