1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Agent Bruce., Jul 7, 2019.

1. Toon_man_sam2

Toon_man_sam2 New Member

The revenue and outgoing's hae both been taken from the 17/18 financial accounts published on companies house. The evidence there is for the public to see. I dont envisage a massive change in the upcoming /accounts for 18/19 which are due in March 2020, but will probably not actually be published until this time next year as Ashley loves to leave it as late as possible.

The transfer fees I quoted are commonly known but I agree they are estimated figures I doubt they are too far from the actual figure. Rafa had a net transfer spend of £3.5m as commonly reported by many media outlets and fan sites https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ent-claim-Newcastle-fans-contract-Mike-Ashley

I do agree many football clubs are money pits, I dont understand how the likes of Aston Villa can go out and spend £40m on two players, or how wolves spend like they do, however each club is different and what I am saying is next summer will potentially be the third year of spending next to nothing.

I understand other clubs, like Spurs being tighter bearing in mind they are paying for a new stadium and actually had a young squad capable of competing thus investment in the playing squad wasnt acyually needed. However this doesnt work for Newcastle.

A new owner could come in a double our commercial revenue in a matter of months, if they got the fans on side and delivered a product worthy of selling, fans would be more willing to spend and again match day revenue and alike could be maximised too

2. JulioGeordio90

JulioGeordio90 Well-Known Member

Of course!

cronemeister likes this.
  3. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Well, at least Pouchy accepts accounts can be doctored now.

<whistle>

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Never said otherwise. I just know for a fact there is a limit to which you can do that via a reputable accountant. As I have said previously perhaps Ashley has a really dodgy one doing our accounts. Far more likely though is it is a well known reputable company who have no interest in soiling their company name by either doing something illegal or sailing very close to.

The sums our fans seem to think should be readily available can certainly not disappear as is suggested. The suggestion that NUFC should be able to comfortably spend anyway between 75m-150m is just rubbish looking at the accounts. We may be able to get towards the lower end of that if he has indeed been doctoring the accounts.

Welshie likes this.
  5. Toon_man_sam2

Toon_man_sam2 New Member

Prior to Ashley we bid over £30m for an 18 evertonian kid called Rooney, whereas 15 years later we struggle to bid in excess of £18m for a player.
    We could spend £100m+ but there are varying circumstances which have prohibited this. Two relegations, both orchestrated by Ashley, the failure to grow revenue, increased costs to sports direct who are provided the luxury of free advertisement and an unwillingness to succeed.
    I do believe a savvy business man with a willingness to compete really could transform Newcastle to a top 6 team. I'm not talking challenging for the title, but Spurs are a great example of how a team has reached a CL final from mid-table mediocracy spending relatively small amounts on players like Erikson and Ali, both of which had rave reviews and were picked up for around £20m between them. They've expanded revenue tenfold in a booming climate and are now able to splash £65m on a player.
    It wouldn’t happen overnight, but potential is there for all to see. It's increasingly frustrating the current owner doesn’t share the same vision as the fans

6. Warmir Pouchov

This is really quite simple. When we bid for Rooney we were racking up massive debt. We don't do that now and our owner is unwilling to let us do so. He also won't fund it himself. Which leaves us with club funds. Given we were having to go massively into debt to keep pace, once that option is removed its no surprise we can't afford top players.

Spurs are a weird one as it is all skewed by a certain someone being sold for abnormal 100M. They essentially got a bit lucky but also are very smart in the market.

We can talk all around it. Without either an owner willing to put their own money in or one who is willing to allow us to borrow, then the club will remain in purgatory barely keeping its head above water. The revenue is neither nor there, he owns the club and can do as he pleases. SD revenue is through the roof since he took over. A takeover is required. Otherwise I can't see us having more than about 50M-75M to spend after sales. Which means we will be in a relegation battle again.

7. Warmir Pouchov

The accounting regulator, the Financial Reporting Council, had looked into Grant Thornton's audit of Sports Direct's 2018 results as part of its annual review process.

The regulator found that, overall, 50% of Grant Thornton's audits were below the acceptable standard.

"These factors have led to a need for the company to compile more information than in previous years," Sports Direct said.

"Sports Direct would note that its core principles in regards to its financial statement are be conservative, consistent and simple," it added.

I assume these will be our auditors too? Sounds like Mike does have a really dodgy accountant in his ranks if 50% of audits fell below the acceptable standard. I hope this new stringent measures will apply to our accounts also :biggrin: Of course that can be for any number of reasons and isn't automatically a sign that he is taking money from the club or hiding available funds.

8. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

<laugh>

9. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Have just telephoned the ticket office to enquire about what would happen if i cancelled my season tickets. I’m on a 10 year plan and paid in March and if I cancel now then i don’t get any refund. I have until 28/2/20 to decide whether to cancel for following season.

What prospects that the takeover will be concluded by then?

cronemeister likes this.
  10. Warmir Pouchov

<laugh>

11. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Not happening this side of 2030.

12. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Which is one of the reasons we sold to Ashley in the first place. We were desperate for his money.

I think honestly if we continued to spend like we were right now we'd be playing derby matches with Sunderland. For that Ashley has, and most fans accept this, been good for the club. From a purely financial perspective of course, being completely emotionless and looking at it from his view.

Of course, Ashley is more than willing to sacrifice our ambition for a money making club. I genuinely think he wants us to be a happy consistent midtable side, content with a local boy for a manager, but we just havent figured out how to accomplish it without spending money.

13. Warmir Pouchov

Its not really realistic to leverage debt on the club. At least then we were competing so could recoup through our participation in the big comps and sponsorship etc. Now leveraging a load of debt would only be to get into 8th at best. How is that going to be recoverable?

14. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Feasibly it would only be possible with semi regular runs in the Europa League.

If you look at Rangers, they still spend money and pay high wages despite the fact they are still debt ridden and losing money regular. So, Gerrard did good last season because they had an alright Europa League run to help pay for it. That being said I do worry Rangers are on course for another crash.

So, to answer the question. It isn't, you need a big bucks willing to pay it.