1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season tickets

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gioblues, Feb 21, 2020.

1. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

So you can now purchase season ticket for next season at same price as last season. £300 Rainham end if purchase b4 Feb 29. Have also noticed that you can buy this in 10 instalments £31.80 x 10 so still only £318. Also for alwaysright 2 year deal at £580.
    Price will also not increase if we go up.(lol)
    Really good offer if you can go to most games

grumpygit and brb like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

Oh dear, I hope you have a sense of humour my friend...

So how does this work then - because we sold a lot of ST's last season, so technically speaking those STHolders, still hold those seats, until such time they decide to either renew or not if the case maybe.

What I mean by that is that if I took up the offer now (which I won't), then I'm restricted by my seat allocation choice, because a fair percentage of the RE is already held this season, and normally STH's have a certain period of time, to renew the same seats - and that is normally into the summer months, not the end of Feb.

So have we got some invisible seats now within the Rainham End that we are selling to non ST supporters, who want to take up this fantastic offer, or are we now doubling up on seat allocation, so someone will get the pleasure of sitting on @alwaysright 's lap <laugh> ....I always knew there was a cynic in me somewhere <whistle>

@grumpygit how do we put the bloody brakes on this thing!? :emoticon-0136-giggl

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    alwaysright and grumpygit like this.
  3. gioblues

Most will be current season ticket holders so doubt we will have problems you foresee. There is probably 500/1000 seats available in Rainham end

4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

brb found £1,000, he complained as it wasn't £2,000. <doh>

alwaysright and brb like this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

Excellent point, very well made.....although........you knew this was coming.....whether I found a £1,000 or £2,000 it would still be worth the same value by the end of Febrauary 2020 at Gillingham Football Club....why you ask......because as I've already explained, it still wouldn't buy me MY selected seat within the RE...why i hear you ask again....because they were all sold by August 2019 and have not yet become available this season <laugh>:bandit:

It's about as much use as selling me a chocolate teapot <whistle>

6. brb

brb CR250

brb - hello, I would like to buy a season ticket please
    ticket office - what seat?
    brb - RE Block 4 Row M Seat number xxx
    ticket office - sorry that seat was already sold last season
    brb - ok, the RE Block 5 Row P Seat number xxxx
    ticket office - sorry that seat was already sold last season
    brb - ok MSL Block F Row W for ****** Seat Number **** ***
    ticket office - don't swear please sir, and you can't have the offer in that stand
    brb - ok, let's start again in the RE, what seat can I have?
    ticket office - None at the moment sir, as they are all allocated and will not become available until Summer at the earliest.
    brb - where's the steward?
    ticket office - pardon sir?
    brb - where's the steward, @alwaysright told me he found a ticket, I'll take that one
    ticket office - you can't have that one, it's already allocated to someone
    brb - no it's not, the steward is still out there wandering around an empty stand, trying to find the owner.
    ticket office - I will tell you what we will do for you brb
    brb - what's that?
    ticket office - answer a question and you can have any seat you like!
    brb - go on then...
    ticket office - what was the main design fault of the Rocket?
    brb - I know that, I know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    alwaysright likes this.
  7. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

SShhhh ( nobody tell brb )) - I didn't learn my lesson last time - and bought another two year ticket - if we continue to play the type of football on offer at Lincoln, I may die of boredom long before the end of 21 /2022 season.

brb likes this.
  8. gioblues

I don't see the problem. Season ticket holders will keep there seats from this season until May unless they want to move. There will still be at least 500 that were not sold this season.

9. brb

brb CR250

Which is what I've said all along and it's so good to see someone at last agreeing with me! <applause>

@alwaysright @grumpygit please take note <whistle>

Season Ticket Holders took up the offer last year, so have already taken the best seats in the house. So the deal is pointless unless you are already a STH - I'm so glad you've recognised my point.

Now naturally as you rightly say I could pick one of 500 seats...I'm surprised we have so many left, afterall we were told how GREAT this deal was last season, and the tickets were flying off the shelf quicker than hot cakes. And...and I may add, I didn't see 500 empty seats against West Ham <whistle>

Obviously, I could select to sit....I said sit, there was no h in that!...In block 1 or block 7 of the RE, but there is a reason those seats are available, and I'm sure it's one I don't need to explain.

Anyway for now, I will decline this FANTASTIC OFFER....I will wait until MAY, when the newbie ST's decide they don't want to subcribe to another season in L1, and I will cherry pick the seat of my choice if i so desire or my money might stay in the Bank of Brb (BOB).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  10. alwaysright

brb -- you need to go work for Medway Hospital ! - you have confused me nearly as badly as they did (( see the ARGRS thread )).
    How can you agree with gioblues - when he ( agrees with you ) says that current STH will renew by May or their seats become available for anyone --- and then say that the offer by Mr.Scally is ''pointless,'' for any non STH, and complain that you can't have access to my seat until I have spurned the option to renew it.

Mr. Scally's track record regarding loyalty to fans, especially to STH, has flattered to deceive. I am pleasantly surprised that he has made such a 'generous' offer for anyone to buy a season ticket, for next year ( or 2 ), when we are still in with a chance of a play-off place -- which could lead to promotion to the Championship --- at which point, Mr. Scally will probably raise prices by the same 33% that he did last time.

There is nothing stopping you or anyone from taking up Mr.Scally's offer. It is churlish of you ( or anyone ),to expect to be able select a seat currently occupied by a 'live' STH - until he / she has had a period within which to exercise a 'first option.'

If you can't understand that, then I can only assume that your day-time job must be one of the guards for the Prince in the tower ( and if you like Monty Python, you will know what I mean ).

gioblues and brb like this.

11. alwaysright

just re- read gioblues opening post --- in which he states that my 2 year ticket will cost me £580 -- that, you barsteward, puts me into the 'Senior' age group <grr><grr><grr><grr><grr>

12. brb

brb CR250

I find offers amazing and this being no different. I bought a pack of bacon this week, that was just like this offer, it said 'New EXTRA thick bacon.' Now my query is around the 'EXTRA?' - What's EXTRA about it, what's the comparison. Some might suggest I'm happy as a pig in sit, I've dropped that h again! Any comparison with me being EXTRA thick, is mere speculation.

This offer was so great last season, we needed to buy, while stocks last...ok, ok, but you get my drift. Yet NOW, oh yes, NOW I'm told 500 seats didn't sell...now this reminds me of a scene from different strokes, where the young boy looks up and asks...

please log in to view this image

As I said, in an early post, there is reason why Blocks 1 and 7 do not sell, yet I'm supposed to believe this is a fantastic offer, maybe for YOU (tongue in cheek right now) but not me. And if you don't believe me look at the attendance for the game against Doncaster, I give you 4,754, how many!

4,754, where were all the ST Holders - The attendance is going down, it should be going up with all these offers, does that not suggest to you something is a miss, mainly a lot of fans.

Not forgetting to add, we are already collecting next seasons budget, and the season after that, NOW....oh yeah willis, I'll just keep nodding my head.

13. alwaysright

brb - it was you who admitted being a cynic - let me see if I can trump you in these stakes !
    We may well worry about collecting ( NOW ), the budget for next year - and the year after. I could suggest that Mr.Scally is trying to get as much money - to use for player recruitment --- for NEXT season.

Maybe he is hoping that we may have a better chance of being in the 'promotion mix', NEXT season - rather than this one - where we have had to play '' catch up'' for too long. If we start a promotion push from August, and if we are successful in getting promoted at the end of next season, he will be in a great position to achieve his 'goal' - to sell the Club as a viable business -- and if we don't get promoted, he can always sell Jack Tucker to balance the books.

brb likes this.
  14. brb

brb CR250

It's good you agree we have a better chance of being in the 'promotion mix' and that you agree Mr. Scally is using money wisely. Heavens above, never thought i'd see the day, and it's a Sunday as well <laugh>

I love this reverse psyschology, it makes people admit things, you've never heard before :bandit:

15. brb

brb CR250

16. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

1,000 x 2 year tickets = £580,000.
    2,000 x 1 year tickets = £600,000.
    Total ticket revenue = £1,180,000
    All that = Scally doing a lord Lucan. <whistle>

<sorry>

17. brb

brb CR250

Have you included OAP prices in those figures, asking for a friend <whistle>:emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0136-giggl

18. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

As a long standing senior citizen (OAP indeed) I can assure you that in most area's of the ground OAP....I mean.... senior citizens,
    pay exactly the same price as normal adults on these deals.

brb likes this.
  19. brb

brb CR250

*Normal...nowt normal about Gills fans :emoticon-0136-giggl

grumpygit and alwaysright like this.
  20. alwaysright

My brother is as stupid as me - but not as stupid as GFC !

My brother, who sits next to me, with one of his sons in the GRS, has decided to also buy a 2 year season ticket - for both of them. My nephew is currently a student - but unlikely to be in education come 1st August.

My son told the ticket office of the 'status' of his son - because he was unsure if he should apply for a student season ticket for next year. The office staff told my brother not to worry - and completed a 2 year student application !

Whilst my brother is the financial winner, it just goes to further illustrate just how poor is the 'set up' when they can waste the opportunity to obtain funding. And this reminds me of the situation last season when I ( tried to ) applied online for my season ticket --- and I came up as a 'senior ' ((( did I say that I hate gioblues ? ))) - I was honest enough to phone them and ended up paying the correct non Senior price --- and then there were those in the Medway stand who, when renewing online, found themselves being offered a student rate ((( and several were not as honest / stupid, as me ))).

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    grumpygit and brb like this.