1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

sess before the mags get hold of if

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by jimjamsafc, Nov 13, 2011.

1. jimjamsafc

jimjamsafc Member

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Sunderland-striker-Stephane-Sessegnon-pining-for-a-move-back-to-France-article829875.html

Thought id get in early before they have field day with this one.

Press at its worse, no quotes relying on article that was published in the daily fail 2 weeks ago where he talked about his 5 kids still being in France and they where unable to move over until January. If the original interview is still flying around I'd suggest you go read it was interesting interview with him...

2. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

Would not surprise me TBH, nothing would.

3. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Got to be honest, this wouldn't surprise me at all. Sessegnon doesn't look like a happy lad to me on the pitch. What I don't understand is why his family haven't come over too?

Bruce has found and lost Cana, Bent, Gyan and maybe now sessegnon in 18 months. Bendtner has now began to make noises in the press about top 4 place or he's away (a ridiculous statement tbh) and generally, we don't seem to be a settled well planned out unit as a whole these days do we. The boardroom has broken up; the team has broken up; the fans are arguing amongst themselves as to the merits or otherwise of the manager and have depleted in numbers in recent months. That's the true measure of kid man's success or not as well imo.

Is Bruce big enough of a manager (stature not waist size that is) to bring the confidence to these decent players that we are worth the commitment? I don't see other clubs suffering with so many big name departures in such a short space of time, do you?

I fear Quinnys magic carpet ride is running out of steam now and you can lay the blame for that at several doors. The appointment of Keane, Sbragia and Bruce have done little to ignite the cause imo, indeed The last 2 have almost grounded us on the rocks and I feel that a better options could have been so different for us now.

Hindsight, as they say however, is a great gift but I still see Bruce as the major problem at the club today though. His obvious limitations are the root cause of players wanting away imo and until he goes himself, the club will merely stagnate in a state of mediocrity at best.

4. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

We are in no position to mock you guys at the moment. IMO Sess would be stupid to leave you guys. You are a solid mid table (potentially top 10) team who will eventually improve once you get rid of Brucey. Unless he goes to a Marseille, PSG or Lille etc then there is no point. He should move his family over and work hard to get them settled. There are some lovely areas in and around Sunderland so he is being silly.

5. Steven Royston O'Neill

5 kids, dirty bugger

6. FlagFlyingHigh

FlagFlyingHigh Active Member

What Sess wants Sess gets. He's proved that already. Play with fire you get burnt!

In the meantime I hope he performs as if he's pushing for a move away he's going to need to do more on the pitch than he has recently.

7. BDU 76

BDU 76 New Member

Someone's told him Qatar is much better place to live or even the Midlands around Birmingham

8. jimjamsafc

jimjamsafc Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2057290/Stephane-Sessegnon-bunny-hopping-mad-Sunderland.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Original article, irony the title suggests he's very happy...given he took a pay cut to join us I can't see him doing a bent or gyan on us but as others have said i wouldn't be surprised if he moved on

As for bendy I got a feeling europa league may cut it for him, need an almighty push or fa cup run like. I think his decision stay will be more about who else comes in for him rather than wanting to stay with us or not

9. BDU 76

BDU 76 New Member

Their agents will tell them about clubs interested in them, playing 'Champions League etc, maybe more money , nicer parts of Europe ,

10. Billy Death

Billy Death Guest

Wow, you seem like a really ITK kind of guy buddy.

11. cuteybuns

cuteybuns Active Member

Does this run true to you? The guy will be able to bring his family over and settle in eight or ten weeks time - I'd be looking forward to that, wouldn't you? Why would he move back to France to be near them when they'll be free to enter the country in that short time? Unless that's just a front for some other reason. Who knows?

12. Steven Royston O'Neill

And those 2 words are the problem, none of us know anymore but we all fear the worst after the last few windows. If ever we needed a good transfer window its the January one.

13. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

wow 13 posts all on this board but stating you're a toon fan

you guys seem to get them <doh>

14. Mod Face

Mod Face Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about this tbh. No direct quotes, no substance, just rags filling pages.

15. steve30000

steve30000 Member

more mags than ever on here!

16. BDU 76

BDU 76 New Member

Wow, the slumderland board still open , thought it closed 4pm on Sundays and 8pm Weekdays.

17. Billy Death

Billy Death Guest

Unlike your mothers legs?

18. jerseymackem

jerseymackem Active Member

<applause><laugh><ok>

Top quality mate!

19. Billy Death

Billy Death Guest

Aye, open all hours.

LOL.

20. Erik