1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sheff Utd v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Nov 3, 2017.

1. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

If they're demanding way more than it's worth then it's basically not for sale is it. If they wanted to sell it they'd have no problem finding someone prepared to pay the going rate.

2. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

Do you, (or anyone else for that matter) have a price guide for a debt free, loss making championship club that does not own the ground it plays in?

3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I don't, but others do. There are examples out there, including the last two times City was sold.

The idea that it's hard to find a buyer for a football club outside the Premier League is an absurd one.

4. Boothferry2Wembley

I would agree with that also but think it unlikely the club will be sold before the end of this season/accounting period. Most likely a sale will take place in the close season. I would hope next summer. As for the price they would want I think most people would be on guess work OLM recently took a guess at £35 million, based on what I have no idea. Until the season is done and it is known which division we will be playing in next year I doubt the owners would be in a position to value it accurately or even attractively if they were desperate to sell.

5. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Here's the financial performance for the club in its first Championship season.

upload_2017-11-9_0-9-10.png

Profit. I deduce that it can be a profitable Championship club once more.

6. Boothferry2Wembley

Turnover = 9.5 million ? and crest of a wave attendances would be two of the factors that catch the eye for the 2006 figures. Also, no prize money (parachute payments) to be considered.

Times have changed (a lot) since then.

I'm sure the club could make a small profit in the championship if it was very well run. It would involve a lot of cost cutting in the wage bill department and an increase in attendance revenues. It would probably also be necessary to make a player trading profit to make the numbers stack up.

Let's hope the club gets sold to a good home!

ImperialTiger likes this.
  7. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

Reality check. The club isn't going to be sold, no matter how many potential and realistic buyers are out there based on the circumstances at the time, until **** Sr. and **** Jr. have stripped out all parachute payments and net cash gains on any sale able assets (i.e. Bowen). Anyone who thinks different is kidding themselves imho.

ImperialTiger likes this.