1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Sheridan

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 29, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I cannot understand why John Sheridan has left Oldham (not far from home) to travel all the way down to S Wales to be there new manager....I obviously am not up to speed over the reason ?.....what have I missed.....:emoticon-0120-doh:.

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

The only possible link that I can think of is Jason Turner who was until last year argyle's football secretary. He moved to Newport County to be the CEO and appointed Sheridan and then moved to Notts County ( which is not in S wales!). Next thing we know Sheridan is off to Notts County. Only thing I can think of is that following several different managers at County this season they want some stability and he has managed to persuade Jason to give him a three year deal on better money than at Oldham.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My mistake I was thinking of Newport.....didn't read the article properly....my mind is somewhere else at the moment......I can't think where.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Sheridan read the write ups from supporters here and would pretty much have gone anywhere at the time. It just goes to show though what a load of balony all this being nearer to home thing is. He was and now he's further away. Notts County went tits up last season. They were doing well enough and then suddenly couldn't buy a win anywhere. A whole season like that and they would have gone. All this sentimental bull we think is there in football just plainly isn't though. Sheridan is as mercenary as the rest of them.