1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shola / Smith/Lovenkrands. Have these guys got agents?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by holystone, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holystone

holystone Active Member

So when the dust settled, turns out only Best and Perch got sniffs by other clubs.

Shola: I'm assuming the lad has no ambition left in him. Club signs 1st choice strikers and he's happy to "fight" for his place. Yeh, right. Next ACON!

Smith: Could have gone ANYWHERE with Newcastle stumping up his wages. Has his stock slumped so low he can't find anyone higher than MK Dons? Embarrassing.

Lover: He was telling the world last Autumn he wanted away to get regular 1st team footie........and?

These three need to get a reality check. The reason no one offers them an alternative is because they're ****e and we're stuck with them till the end of their present deals.

Even our subs bench should be brimming with talent. My point is this. Injuries have shown how weak we can be. Window came and went without us getting the two positions we NEEDED cover. LB,CB. Sorry you can't have a full back playing on weaker foot and you can't have CB cover who can't head a ball or put his head where it hurts ( Saylor, we miss you!). I just didn't see us getting rid of the deadwood and getting decent replacements. Results are needed now not end of season. Imagine if Colo got injured???

2. Santons pizzeria

I can understand what your saying and I am also annoyed we didn't get CB cover but in the long run we will have a better team for it.

If we shipped out Shola and Lover this window, we would have to had at least bought in one other striker. We would have not got value for money in this window as teams tend to over charge for players (Watford wanted 4m for mariappa at one point). Our subs bench should be brimming with talent but at the moment its not, in the summer we will sign a few decent players on free transfers when their contracts are up (e.g. douglas). We are short at the back now but we could have a few decent defenders in the summer rather than mariappa who is never going to push for a first team place, just be used when one of the regulars gets injured.

3. Voluptuous Vuckic

Voluptuous Vuckic Active Member

Lets not forget this is only our second year back in the PL. For us to be where we are now is an achievement. Who would have said this year that we would at this point be only 6 points away from fourth with a game in hand. Before anyone starts, I am not suggesting we will finish fourth just emphasising my point. You can't expect for us to have a European quality starting line up and bench after only two years back.

4. Ammy

Ammy Active Member

Wish Lover would get a chance like, wouldn't mind seeing him score his 100th career goal here.

5. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

By this you think we should have signed Bryan Ruiz instead of holding out for Cisse?

Players aren't always available at the right time and the right price. If anything I'm more impressed by the fact we haven't been panic buying. £4M for Mariappa when come the summer he'll come on a free (fairly certain he's out of contract in the summer) or get 2 decent young no names for the same £4M. Think we'll also see either Pieters or Cissokho come for a decent fee.

6. Ammy

Ammy Active Member

Got 18 months left I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.