1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Simon Bird - LJ article

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Oliver's Army, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

What a ****ing nobhead. He picked it up from LJs presser earlier on...

sheepman and C Montgomery Burns like this.
  2. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

Jesus - LJ actually said "he got it from the injections, or from COVID, I don't know". I watched the thing live!!!

The Redbaron and RTB like this.
  3. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

And he specifically said that he was no expert and that no one should quote him on that <doh>

4. Oliver's Army

I know he is a mag journo but that's a load of ****e. Get the ****er banned from the press conferences.

5. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

It's a small but real issue with both COVID and the vaccine isn't it?

robinoz likes this.
  6. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

LJ needs to shut the **** up sharpish.

polyphemus likes this.
  7. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

That would help.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  8. C Montgomery Burns

C Montgomery Burns Well-Known Member

He loves it though. He loved it when Joe Kinnear had a go at him when he was in charge. And when you see how they all (the print media) closed ranks against us when we banned the Sun you can see the rest ganging up on us. And him being a mag, it'll shift attention away from them and on to us

9. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

**** that mag gimp

10. Dancingstripes

Dancingstripes Well-Known Member

Why?

11. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Your not allowed to speak out against a rushed vaccination or your a flat earther ;)

12. OldNewtown

OldNewtown Well-Known Member

BBC North Korea making a big thing of it as well tonight on the early evening news.
    Sometimes it's just better to keep your mouth shut rather than discussing something that you don't know an awful lot about and as a result provide ammunition for others to shoot you with.

13. C Montgomery Burns

C Montgomery Burns Well-Known Member

Can't help but think if things go wrong with the Saudis the fall out up the road will be biblical. They're building themselves up, the media are doing it even more so and the ****e that's being said about them is unbelievable. But if anything goes wrong theres going to be loads with **** on their faces

OldNewtown and Oliver's Army like this.
  14. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

#JoeKinnearWasRight

C Montgomery Burns likes this.
  15. Oliver's Army

Keep an eye on the Ashley/Staverley court case. If Ashley is owed a single penny, he will get the ****er, even if it costs him a million to get it back. I think that one has got legs.

16. Dancingstripes

I can’t remember a time where there’s been so many heart attacks/problems in football.

It used to be a shock, making headline news.

Now it’s the norm.

I’m not an anti vaxxer, but this is starting to become very very concerning.

Nig likes this.
  17. Hettonista

Hettonista Well-Known Member

Fair enough mate, it's a bit concerning but the facts I've seen are that: the vaccine gives a slight risk of an enlarged heart and the virus more so. The vaccine gives you a 75% chance of not catching the virus so reduces chance of heart enlarging by 3 times maybe? The vaccine hasn't killed significant numbers of people the virus has. The vaccine reduces the chances of ending up in hospital, there seem to be few accounts of millions globally ending up in hospital having taken the vaccine because of the vaccine. There are a massively higher proportion of people not having taken the vaccine ending up dead or in hospital despite being apparrently healthy otherwise. Each to their own and we can sweat the detail but if you like anecodatal evidnece here's one for you: my parents are frail in the medical sense, they both have covid at the moment and are on the mend. They have had 4 vaccines each. They are alive and getting better. Befroe the vaccines lots of folk in their situation were dying. frequently in large numbers. I think vaccines are a positive thing, deaths per infection are reducing since they were introduced by a huge number. You don't that's up to you.

18. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Because those of us who don't have a ****ing clue what we are talking about with regards to epidemiology and cardiology are better off simply not speculating because it just adds noise and uncertainty in a time where noise and uncertainty is pretty ****ing catastrophic.

We don't all need to be experts on everything. We don't all need to be vocal about things we don't understand.

The world's got more than enough Joe Rogans

19. Dancingstripes

Yes the vaccines obviously have positive aspects to them and I’m not denying that.

What you also cannot deny is the huge increase in heart problems in sport since the vaccines were rolled out.

The vaccines are fantastic for people like your elderly parents.

But why are young/fit people being forced to take them? That’s where we have gone wrong IMO.

Nig likes this.
  20. Dancingstripes

I don’t think it’s a case of people trying to be experts. People are just pointing out the obvious.

There has been a huge uprise of heart problems in professional sport since the vaccine was rolled out. Something that used to be extremely rare, is becoming the norm, and people are concerned about it.

I play semi professional football myself, and a player in my league had a heart attack and died yesterday.

It’s concerning and it needs to be highlighted. I’m glad Lee Johnson has spoke up about it.

Nig likes this.