1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sir Des Champs out for the rest of the season

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by SaveTheHumans, Jan 3, 2014.

1. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not good.

3. tward07

tward07 Well-Known Member

Gutted, hope he comes back safe and sound loved this horse from day 1

4. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

Probably barking up the wrong tree here, but I wonder does this have anything to do with that horrible fall in the Durkan? Hope he comes back next year anyway.

Flemenstar and now Sir de Champs out. The Irish 3 mile division is looking very weak. Maybe the perennial bridesmaid First Lieutenant can get his head in front on the line some of these days!

5. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

The Brits should really get the horses with cruising speed in this race now. Cue Card and Al Ferof would both run here if they were mine. Cue Card was very smart in the Ryanair last season and if Tizzard got the middle fractions right and settled him at a canter, Cue Card for me could still play a part in the finish. Al Ferof on good ground around Cheltenham 3m+ excites me greatly but Nicholls isnt sure which race yet. The speedsters are the way to get Bobs Worth beat because if this becomes anything close to a battle up the hill there is only one winner. A sensible pacemaker is what is needed from Nicholls and Tizzard before pressing on and blunting the staying power of BW.

Sir Des is a real fave of mine and I expected a major run but we lose another good one for the season. Tendon injuries are never good. would love to see Last Instalment run again for GH stud but he has had similar issues.

Gradually my 10 to follow are being decimated!

6. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Thats PONT ALEXANDRE, UN ATOUT, and SIR DES CHAMPS out now for team Mullins.

7. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Empiracle and Invictus out for me too Toppy - bloody hard picking these horses to follow.

Cheltenham Gold Cup is Bobs Worth's to lose now, especially if it is testing ground.

Wishing SDC a full recovery - just yesterday I was reliving his victory in the Martin Pipe Conditionals hurdle at Cheltenham 2011 - brilliant stuff

8. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

I struggle to see anything other than a resounding Bob's Worth Gold Cup win. I didn't fancy SDC anyway so this news hasn't made me think any different to before. Al Ferof probably just isn't good enough. Silvi Conti beat a non stayer the last day Cue Card, who I can see folding at the business end. Dynaste could come back but it's something of a leap of faith to see him triumphing. First Lieutenant would be the each way selection in the race but he's 0 from 3 against Bob's Worth so he's unlikely to be winning.

9. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Sir Des Champs is one of those horses that I've never warmed too. Completely irrational I know. However this news may have cemented First Lieutenant's plans (who I've always liked). If the ground has some good in it he'll be challenging coming to the last in the blue riband event.

10. Istabraq

Istabraq Member

Just one less horse for Silvianco Conti to run past on the run in...