1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Slutsky is our problem?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Sergey Puzyrevskiy, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

I don't if he doesn't choose who the club buys

2. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Thing is we play on grass not paper. They aren't good enough and whoever brought them in is responsible for the mess we are in.

3. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he didn't get all his choices. He was never going to get Tammy, you can't blame Ehab for that. I'm pretty sure there was a time he wanted Boga/Musonda too but we went with Irvine/Toral.

Not having people saying the recruitment is poor. The players brought in aren't bad, not saying they are top 2 quality but they aren't bad players. It's Slutsky's job to get the most out of them and he's failed miserably. He has no idea how he wants us to play, who's in his first XI or what formation we should play. He deserves to be sacked.

4. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Some of the players we've brought in are decent, but it's the overall lack of balance. We've got endless options to play behind the striker, yet barely any choice at the back where we really need it.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  5. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

But Slutsky's said that he's the one bringing in the players. I'm not disputing it, we have far too many to play behind the striker.

6. Ullofaman

Ullofaman Well-Known Member

Sergey refers to naivety on Aina's part last week to ameliorate the managing qualities of Slut. And, Aina is an example of a player who has been criticised on numerous occasions. But please remember Sergey that it is the Slut who insists on naming him in first eleven week in and week out. Aina with his "schoolboy errors" has never been substituted e.g. by Lenihan for even one game.

7. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

That’s pretty much just as bad!

8. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

As I said earlier

9. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Slutsky has never said he's the one who was responsible for the players we signed, no doubt he was with the Chelsea lads, but I doubt he had much involvement in some of the others.

10. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

he didnt even know were to play irvine

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Probably because he'd only ever seen him play 38 minutes before he signed for us.

12. Sikkedogsvendestykke

Sikkedogsvendestykke Active Member

You'll correct me if I am wrong of course, but the essence of the question was "why don't Russians go to Britain? When I replied I was thinking about a nice Dacha and a long boozy weekend with pseudo-intellectuals solving the world's problems. Then I thought of the overcrowded United Kingdom, the complete lack of Dachas, and caravans in Withernsea. Yeah, Sergey has a point.

13. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

exactly

14. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Gedo's career is coming to an end. Mido is already managing.

15. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

If you know what his point was, why don't you leave it to him to explain rather than making assumptions. At least I kept it to football.

On another point in the thread, I thought Slutsky was supposed to have watched loads of games or something, not that that is any substitute for experience. With him and Silva we seemed to be letting them use us as a training ground for getting experience in English football more than anything.

16. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Ehab told him he could only have a scout - as they're under 18 and won't get paid.. to avoid sexist allegations he admitted a girl guide would be fine as well

17. Rock'n'Roll

Rock'n'Roll Well-Known Member

For sure he had watched tons of games (he told about watching exactly all Hull City games of previous season), but it's not so helpful if all key players are gone. Nevermind. Head coach is always responsible for bad results even if he has no defenders or strikers. Players are more expensive to get rid of if they don't play like they probably can. Coach is cheaper then it's head coach guilty. With all my sincerely sympathy to Leo, so far he failed. There are no acceptable apologies in such harsh business like modern soccer club. No words are required to explain 20th place. It's pretty stupid to talk about something (no pre-season, no transfers, no assistants, no English experience) in such situation. All words sound like "the ball round, the pitch is flat, the grass is green. Everything is against our team!".
    Still wishing good luck and supporting the team and the coach till the end.
    P.S. I'm sure he can improve results, but i'm not sure he can do it fast enough.

18. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I somehow don't think Sluts is the problem. Its the Herbert's who put him there that are the problem. We lose vs Ipswich and they don't sack Sluts...Conclusion: They are happy to see City relegated. Then they can say they tried their best, whilst seeking to sell City for as much as possible..

19. Sergey Puzyrevskiy

Yeah, the first is relationship! Hate relationship, but the government is to blame, not people. The second is money - Russian people recieve payment per month is 30000 rub is 390 GBP! how much can I live in Britain for this money? week? :)
    The third is migration politic in Britain, people find it difficult to get a visa. And other reasons.

20. Sergey Puzyrevskiy

You aboslutely right, one more reason is big money in Russian football.