1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SMC groundsmen gone

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by ...., Apr 21, 2017.

1. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

The groundsmen are doing all that? **** me Ehab should be in raptures, 2 men (therefore 2 salaries) doing dozens of other jobs. KERCHING EHAB!

2. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

When have staff been abused at the ground?

Just think for a second about how utterly ****ing ridiculous that claim is.

I mean it's Ehab so it's already almost certainly a lie, but come on. He's saying that fans are somehow confronting the groundstaff either by knowing their identity away from the pitch, or whilst they're working on it, at which point the public aren't allowed anywhere near them.

It's as true as the rioting hoards chucking bricks at Allam's house.

3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Imagine my surprise coming on and seeing you, Chazz and happy to be the ones championing Ehab's cause here.

Particularly since as you regularly tell us, you're so much less naïve and are able to look at it objectively without bias while the rest of us just jump in two footed. Bearing that in mind I'm of course amazed to see you gobbling up the practically impossible version of events randomly spat out by Ehab's furious statement.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  4. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

As you are gobbling up the practically impossible version of events randomly spat in the media by the two gentlemen who have been sacked.
    I do look at both sides of the coin and I am not influenced by bitterness. Perhaps you should adopt a similar approach ?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  5. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

The reason is simple. In my experience of courts, evidence trumps hearsay. Even if the evidence is disputable, unless you can prove that the evidence produced is flawed or not relevant, it will have more bearing that any understanding or conversation.
    Since the changes introduced by the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007, Employment Tribunals have become very expensive for the claimants. It is easy for claimants to run out of money and not many of the insurers will cover actions that rely on hearsay or unwritten work practices.
    My work is directly involved in TCE Act 2007 and I write statements virtually every day. I am not trying to be superior, this stuff interests me.

6. Stockholm Tiger

Stockholm Tiger Well-Known Member

I have to say the more I read into this story the less sympathy I have for those dismissed.

If the groundsman was working a 2nd job during paid hours then I don't think he's got a leg to stand on. I have worked with people who have been sacked for exactly this. (Working a field sales roll while also running a business of their own on the side.)

If the supervisor really knew it was happening but turned a blind eye then he clearly wasn't doing his job effectively. Although whether that should be a straight dismissal or a disciplinary procedure is more nuanced I think.

Holding this view doesn't mean I support the way the clubs being run or think any more of Ehab (I couldn't think any less) but I don't think a bloke taking the clubs money while working a second job should be held up as a martyr.

7. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea.

8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

But their version of events isn't practically impossible. It's entirely plausible based on everything else we know about Ehab Allam. Ehab's typical, convenient claim that someone is being 'abused' when hardly anyone even knows their identity or gives a **** about them is both entirely unbelievable and yes, practically impossible.

It's embarrassing that you yet again arrogantly claim to look at both sides and not be influenced when in reality you pretend to believe anything Ehab says because as we both know it's in your personal interest to do so.

9. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

He would work more than the required hours for the grounds keeping job on match days, essentially he'd do 9 to 1 grounds keeping, 1 to 5 kit man, 5 - 11 grounds keeping. that's 10 hours on the job he's paid for (more than he's contracted to) and 5 hours of his own time. His only mistake is not being honest and disclosing this, there should have been no problem letting him do both.

If there was a problem, then why has Ehab been so negligent and allowed it to continue for years?

A simple warning was all that was needed, I'm sure he would have dropped the extra duties to keep his job, although anyone with any experience managing staff would have seen there was no harm in him doing both.

balkan tiger and brownbagtiger like this.
  10. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

'Everything else we know about Ehab' ? Do you mean what you've heard in the pub, read on here or speculated yourself ? Yet you blindly believe every word, and don't doubt anything the two sacked fellas say ?
    As for no-one knowing the identity of the new groundsmen I would have thought anyone working on the pitch on a matchday would be seen by people inside the stadium, wouldn't you ? Perhaps that's when the abuse takes place ?
    That is not 'unbelievable' at all and certainly not impossible.
    As for embarrassing ? As a board moderator I find your very bias view not very moderate at all, in fact I feel embarrassed for you because you come across as someone with a grudge.
    Also you claim 'as we both know' ? You know **** all matey so don't pretend you do.

11. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

The groundsman's custom and practice of working for Hull FC for years ended when he signed a new contract last year agreeing he would seek written permission if he wanted to continue.

The SMC have said in their defence that when the groundsman worked for Hull FC he didn't have any time in lieu to take.

In my view, these are the issues the groundsman needs to address if he is to be successful at the Tribunal.

MingofHarlem likes this.
  12. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

I make you correct.
    Humberside police said they've not heard or had reported any incidents involving abuse or vandalism with the Allams.

13. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

He won't be successful.

He did his job for the SMC to the required standard and worked all contracted hours but unfortunately for him he wasn't honest when questioned, that's enough for him to lose the case.

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

You think people are 'abusing' the groundsmen from the stands while they're working on the pitch? It's an utterly stupid suggestion. I'd have trouble believing it if it had been made by someone with a track record for being honest. From Ehab Allam it's not even worth acknowledging. But it was inevitable that yourself and Happy would take delight in focusing on that claim and trying to make a big thing of it.

You don't have to listen to people in the pub to know that Ehab Allam is a liar. He's consistently done it in public and has rarely been in any way a reliable source of information. It's sad that anyone does still believe him purely because he's in a position of inherited authority. You can guarantee that if someone on here posted as much bullshit as he speaks they wouldn't be taken seriously.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

And that's why you're not. <ok>

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  16. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I'm sure at one point they tried to say he hung all the FC kit up the night before a Friday night game. Very dubious.

Be interesting to see if the smc call any of FC to the tribunal to give evidence. Bet AP is squirming now.

17. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

To be honest I don't think it's a stupid suggestion
    I very much doubt there's any serious animosity, but I wouldn't be that surprised at all if some people have thrown a few unkind words their way, even if in there head it has been considered as lighthearted
    There will be several people there who know / support the sacked staff and so I don't think its impossible at all that someone has said something to the new ones

I'm not saying it has been serious, or that it's happened at all, but I think it's naive to suggest that there is no way at all it could have happened

18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I can't believe that anyone would have an axe to grind with the new groundsmen, but more importantly, you'd have to really go out of your way for them to even be aware you're saying something to them. You'd have to go down to the bottom of the stand and basically shout at them. You'd have to be a right nutter. Even allowing for all of that, it'd be unlikely to go unnoticed by stewards or police.

19. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Considering I haven't championed anything, I was simply pointing out you seemed delighted at the suggestion employees of the club are receiving abuse, which you deny, despite not going to games is frankly par for the course for you.

I didn't listen to it but I'm going to give you my angry view on it anyway...

Thank god the Trust don't use you as their communications person because honestly, you suck at it.

Oh wait...

20. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

No you never are defending him are you, always just coincidentally posting in opposition to those not defending him. Such a strange coincidence.

Edelman likes this.