1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

so what you lot think of how charlton are doing?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by JONATHAN P ACWORTH, Jan 16, 2012.

1. JONATHAN P ACWORTH

JONATHAN P ACWORTH New Member

top of league one 7 points clear and could be returning to prem see you lot in 2 years time.....well done winning yesterday havent seen a single gooner today in the city all gone in hiding

2. bongojack

bongojack Active Member

keep it up mucca...keep a seat warm for you in the big time

3. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Your doing well fella. Can't believe how things have changed since our very first game in the Championship at your place. Gutted that day, but the rest is history!! As you say, hopefully be a fixture in the Premier season 2013-14....

Good luck with the rest of the season....

4. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

5. JONATHAN P ACWORTH

thanks fellas hope you lot finish above arsenal this year ive had a bet that you finish 4th this year play some good stuff i was at that game when played you in championship local police aparantly went a bit ott outside the ground which was a shame for those who went i like swansea as would you believe it my first ever game was at the vetch back in the 70s i think vs liverpool had prisoners watching out of the windows which was quite funny -hows the vetch doing now -one of mates i know is a cab driver said pulling the main stand down now!.
    Chrissy Powell is doing a fine job for charlton this season it helps when u being backed by someone whos worth 400million,weve had a takeover in the summer with 24 players comming in which helps worth a million each what been told,cp did have stick at bristol rovers last year but he had to realise its his own team now so he kicked out all the plonkinson sorry parkinson transfers out and brought in the best in league one players who played in this division which helps,hollands is incredable and green outstanding and as for wiggins and morrison players to watch out for,now if we go up to the championship i reckon we could follow likes of you ,norwich and southampton who walked the championship the foll season.John Bostock and Parrett are rumoured to be joining in the sumer with mcginty from man utd which will help.Im amased how sinclair has transformed his style of play he was terrible with us and didnt want to know which was a shame as i rated sinclair highly.We will be back as i said in 2-3 seasons i guarantee you,dowie and pardew completly ****ed us up why were in league one now.On your team is allen english he was superb vs arsenal and dyer as well must be find of the season keep up the good work and pls finish above arsenal i might pop up to swansea next season see a couple matches as got family in hereford which isnt to far away/

6. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Don't tell Joe Allen he's English whatever you do!!! :biggrin: Young Joe came through the ranks at Swansea.

Hope Charlton carry on the good work and fulfil all your expectations. I went to the old Valley many years ago because when I didn't have a game (living in London) myself, I used to take in games in the area rotating my way around the various grounds. My abiding memory was the vastness of the ground with its high terraces on either side. I think your record attendance there was something like 76,000?

Charlton were playing Coventry City (can't remember the Division) and Bobby Gould got a hat trick in a 3-0 win for Coventry. Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season.

7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Jonathan your doing well, that Bradley Wright Phillips, was a good buy from Plymouth Argyle, wasn't he, 14 goals already, let's hope you can keep him injury free, and you stay at the top, your problems started with Pardew, don't like the creep at all, seems he's fallen on his feet at Newcastle, with his mate in the boardroom there, anyway all the best for the rest of the season!..................
    please log in to view this image

8. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Yes Charlton are a good club, the origional premier role model . Hopefully you will go up this season, strangely enough L1 seems to be harder than the NPC to get out of, ive never rated Dowie as a manger,same with pardew,though seems to be doing a fantastic job up in Newcastle.

What are your thoughts on pardew by the way? i think he has been quite lucky with the start he has had and the team just seemed to grow in confidence after an easy run of fixtures at the start,there are alot of talented footballers at newcastle so maybe he fell in lucky i dont know.

good luck with the promotion push, hopefully the swans can stay up this year and then you never know :)

9. JONATHAN P ACWORTH

Bradley wright phillips was a shrewd signing by cp but is a bit lazy when things dont go his way,recently went to orient defeat over new year and be honest that was the worst display i have whitnessed by a charlton striker he looked uniterested from kick off and rightfully subbed that game.Hes obviously worked hard over the new year and the performance at sheff weds was pleasing some where reporting it was his best display in a charlton shirt so im hoping he continues this kind of form and not form at orient when i think he was being tapped up by west ham who rumoured to be lining up a bid he is definetly a class striker.I agree with other swansea fans posts the charlton rot started with pardew but im afraid it started long before that -murray the chairman and owner at the time panicked after curbishley quit at the end of 2005 season vs blackburn which was his last game.Murray saw the sucess dowie achieved with palarse and poached dowie from under the noses of jordan which was quite amusing at the time!dowie i thourght was ok at the time -good manager with our neighbours but he brought bad players who where available that season in hasslebaink paid this lazy fat **** 36k a week some said wish their was a catapult on the half way line to fire him into the thames!,he then wasted millions on faye,tarore and a few others who wernt fit to wear the shirt in my view.we where playing with half a team that year and struggled,dowie lasted 13 games and was sacked shortly after.We had in that season we went down les read who was a good coach but hasnt a clue as a manager and he parted after losing to wycombe.Then the unthinkable murray went for pardew who was a good former player we had alex sitting in the stand but the deal didnt go through also stephen pearson i think was also watchingPardew talked a good game but only 38 odd wins his time was sacked after angry fans did a demo vs sheff united-murray made another hopeless decission in parkinson we should have gone for higher name who i know applied like a steve clarke and even paulo di canio who we should have gone for look what hes done with swindon.Cp will take us back to the premier and will join spurs who charlton then appoint di canio im 100 per cent sure

10. JONATHAN P ACWORTH

pardew never liked him i got some dirt on him by the way as well-he never talks about charlton because quite simply he ****ed up in his time as manager with us he talk about times with west ham and palace but charlton will he feck because he knows he made a complete hash of it!what annoys most charlton fans is that he walked away with 1.6million when he should have done the decent think and f off!hopefully newcastle will find out next season how crap manager pardew really is

11. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Jonathan: Charlton are a good, family Club and I hope to see them back up in the Prem before long. Having a great season for sure. Apologies for the Cardiff scummer's intrusion.

Aberscum: keep your nose out. Nothing to to do with the Blueturds. And before your Swansea fan club (who think you're some sort of weed-addled, harmless nutter) come riding to your rescue they should know that you posted on your board recently that you would put a sack over Nathan Dyer's head, weight him down and throw him in the Taff.

No doubt the usual suspects will say you 'have a right' to post that stuff.<doh>

12. VETCHETARIAN

VETCHETARIAN Active Member

I'm in full agreement with you there Knackered,the "weed-addled nutter" does have a following on this Board,and for the life of me I cannot see the attraction. His anti Swansea City stance is well chronicled,and I have taken him to task on many occasions,only to be attacked by certain Jacks.

As for Charlton-a great Club with great history,and I hope they find a seat at the Top Table in the foreseeable future.

13. Norway-jack

Knackered- Cardiff fan posts anti swans comments shocker !! <laugh>

It seems your words from a few months back describe yourself perfectly Knackered/hit the road/aussie jack <laugh>

"Well done Jager, good for you. I bowed out of this forum a few weeks back and only pop in now and again (haven't posted since until now) just to see what garbage is being spouted by the usual suspects. Nothing has changed and I haven't missed it a bit. Same old arguments, same old vitriol, same old dickheads - you know who you are.

My son (23) had a mini stroke a few weeks back and it kind of made me think about the hours I've wasted arguing the toss with the usual knob jockeys on here. I know it's all about opinions, but let's face it, there are some real muppets on here. So I've had enough.

Never have visited the General Chat and I never will following your comments but I found some of my fellow Jacks' company really bad for my health and I'm sure the feeling's mutual. Apologies to the decent ones.

Enjoy your retirement Jager. I am. " Hit the road/Knackered

"Same old arguments, same old vitriol, same old dickheads " you are indeed correct !

PS

Didnt retire for very long thats for sure <laugh>

:)
    (extra smiley,just because i know you love em so much )

14. Norway-jack

VETCHETARIAN- Welcome back by the way, been a while :)

15. VETCHETARIAN

Thanks Norway,it has been a while,about three months,or so. I have dipped in on occasions over the last few weeks to see if things are
    as before. It would appear,to me, anyway,that the input is much reduced.

I noticed that a couple of bloobs were having a conversation with me,even though I hadn't been posting.
    Words fail me on that score.

Has Jager really retired,as mentioned above?If so,did I miss any dramas?

16. VETCHETARIAN

"same old" rubbish pouring from you aber.
    So glad you missed me.
    I only came back so you wouldn't waste away worrying where I had gone to.

17. VETCHETARIAN

So,you really DID miss me then,eh? Very happy for that.

18. Norway-jack

Vetch- I beleive Jager is no longer with us(not sure 100%) he was thinking of going to another Forum, hope he decides to come back TBH.
    The board has been in good health with very little bickering and constructive debate, the only fly in the ointment has been the return of HTR or Knackered jack as he is now known, within days of his return there has been a different slant on the debates, personally im glad he is back as i agree with as much as i disagree with him.

Thats pretty much it, oh and Daiswan has been the number 1 target for alot of the posters on here who are trying to nail his ass to a cross for mentioning stuff about Jenkins and DG ages ago <laugh>

19. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

<laugh>

I'm a 'fly in the ointment' because I tell you when you're wrong - which happens to be quite a lot. You give me so much material to work with. :)

Case in point? You know full well that dainumpty was rubbishing Graham all week on the lead up to the Arsenal game, and his anti-Jenkins rants are legendary. No exactly 'ages ago', right? Some of us find those comments, particularly about our excellent Chairman who has brought us so far, quite offensive.

If you don't, that's cool. But don't mock others who feel differently, and your continually bigging him up shows you up in a rather poor light imo. Lost some of the small credibility you have with that one. :)

There you go, just an opinion.

Thanks for looking up my old posts. Jeesh, you have a lot of time on your hands don't you? :)

20. Norway-jack

Knackered- When have you ever told me im wrong ??