1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So when will it be?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Sep 30, 2014.

?

When will he leave?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2014.
  1. Today

3.2%
  2. This Week

12.7%
  3. Within a Month

38.1%
  4. Before the start of next season

9.5%
  5. Stop Beelin' he's here forever

36.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

When do you think Pardew will leave our club (under his own steam or sacked)?

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I honestly think he'll be gone within a week.
    Mike knows we won't win a game for a while and Pards knows he's going so it's just a matter of sorting out the severance.

3. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

I think he's already gone. Ashley has been attending games of late and as much as he is a fat ****, he can't have failed to notice that we have relegation written all over us with the arse licker in charge of the team. I honestly think there will be an announcement today. Pardew's interview last night suggested that he knew it was all over from his mannerisms, even though he gave the impression that he would turn it around.

4. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Can't realistically sack someone on a contract of that length in one day. Pardew basically admitted he would be sacked depending on this game last week, and has admitted he'll be in for a meeting. Writings on the wall.

5. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

A valid point.
    Last year MA dipped in and out of matches.
    He seems to be more 'hands on' this year.

6. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for that ****in yellow ticker to say the good news sometime today. If it doesn't I may have to remove one of my testicles with a some sort of farmhand object, probably a rusty old billhook.

7. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I voted never. Again, if it wasn't this morning, then when?

I am probably more surprised today than ever, mainly because I would have Ashley pegged as a "man of his word" type and after the threat last week I would have thought he'd have sacked Pardew on the spot. If he's not doing it today, he never will. I wonder if he'll put all his effort into trying to sell it instead. The consortium looking at Spurs backed out of bidding for them, so must have a canny pot of cash. As has been said, Tan is looking. Red Bull still want PL clubs. I mean, there are bad options, but options out there.

8. Lord Jonjomort

I would just not hold your breath mate. How many times have we thought this? I'm not sure Ashley can have his lawyers release a statement saying "he was joking" last week, then sack him anyway.

9. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Sky Sports says his job is safe for now and according to Talksport he doesn't just have the Swansea game but Leicester after the international break? Christ almighty, I just can't believe this ****ing ****. Well I can but I just can't believe we have to put up with this chancer for at least another two games. Surely if Swansea smash us (and I reckon they will) he has to be sacked?

10. Obaoutofthetoon09

No, he won't be.

11. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Mike Ashley is making sure we lose enough games before sacking the c**t so that when the new man comes in we can't finish any higher than 10th.

12. scotstoon

scotstoon Member

It will be after Swansea. International break. It will give new manager time to meet and train players before Leicester game. He will say why so many away, because they ain't playing like international players at the moment.

13. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

I've said all along, he'll never get the sack as long as Ashley is there. Not because of the pay out, Ashley is not stupid and he'll have some maximum clause built in, but because Pardew is a spineless jellyfish who'll not stand up to Ashley. He's his dream manager. Works for a pittance, doesn't spend a great deal and does just enough to keep us in the premier and out of Europe.

14. trentderby

trentderby Active Member

Hes going nowhere. Plus im not even sure what someone else would be capable of, the players we brought in are just not that good.

15. Blue harvest

Blue harvest Active Member

I just wonder would we need severance pay? Mike Ashley isn't dumb, but is a bit of a maverick in his workings both in football and business, has he not inserted clauses into Pardew's contract with relation to results, league finish etc? If Pardew fails to meet the set criteria would he not be in breach of contract? To offer him the long duration of contract he did there must be caveats inserted.

16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I've gone this week although I still think its possible Ashley has no intention of sacking him. Not because of the payoff, just because he has his own way of doing things.

17. atom heart mother

How much is Pardew on anyway - dont think its up there with most premiership managers ?
    If Ashley is truely worried about the money then his decision might be..

a.Keep Pardew, high risk of relegation and huge loss of income and advertising SD

or

b.Pay out severance (surely no more than 2 or 3 mill?) and get a quality manager in - less risk of relegation ...maybe! Although would still need to buy in Jan eg. striker..
    Hard to know as he doesnt seem to follow normal logic when presented with the facts that we are on an express elevator into slurry central...

18. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

£500,000 a year I think.

19. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

Holding out for the international break.

20. Lord Jonjomort

I get the feeling he's just not bothered, like it's someone else's problem in waiting. I reckon Mike knows something, he must do. No owner, no matter how arrogant, is going to stick by someone who is actively pushing the club towards relegation (not deliberately, of course!). Is the sudden constant appearances at matches Ashley showing that it's possible to get away with murder and still sit in the stands? I cannot fathom that anyone could sit and watch such turgid garbage week in, week out, have the ability to do something then deliberately choose to do nothing. Makes not one lick of sense. After Southampton, I cannot see how anyone owning that club would say "yeah, the fans hate the manager, the football is dreadful, we're bottom of the league, the players we've bought are rubbish, there's no gameplan, there's no direction, there's no leadership. But it's definitely not Alan's fault.....", yet that seems to be what happened. Perhaps Mike doesn't hold Alan accountable? Maybe he's secretly thinking "ah, man, I've really fcked up here with this transfer strategy, my club looks terrible"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.