1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So who is getting relegated?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Commachio, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

He claims it was a joke quote made up by Kenny Dalglish and that he never said it.

I guess we'll never know.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sounds a bit like HIAG, he talks **** and then claims he never said it.

Shame for him the evidence is littered all over here though :)

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  3. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

True!

Nobody can understand one ****ing word Dalgleish says anyway!...<laugh>

PINKIE likes this.
  4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Comm. I like your vid mate <ok>

<sorry>

5. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

42 points, we could head off on holiday and still be safe(ish)

6. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

or legal promotion

NSIS likes this.
  7. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

Doesn't that phrase only belong to Liverpool

8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Ouch

9. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I think Hull and Swansea are pretty certain for the drop. It'd take a serious turn around in performances and results for them not to go down. Sometimes with backs to the wall teams manage to turn things around but I really can't see it with either team. They are full of individual mistakes, have defences that leak like a colander and have no sense of identity or way of playing.

Burnley and Boro at least seem to have a game plan and know what there jobs are. Boro however really lack a goal threat and I'm not sure if there organisation and determination will see them through. Burnley come across to me as not quite good enough even though they are gritty and able to grind out results. They may just avoid relegation through hard work and the odd surprise result.

Sunderland early in the season I would have said were nailed on to get relegated but like in previous seasons they seem to be pulling themselves together enough to turn results around. I think like hull and Swansea they lack identity a bit but with Moyes as manager and Defoe up top they have the tools to grab enough points to stay up. I don't think there is any chance Defoe will be sold in January. With the money in the premiership these days staying up is worth huge money and Defoe is the best chance Sunderland have to avoid relegation. The clubs trying to buy him are only offering small transfer fees and to Sunderland he is worth as much as a Sanchez or Hazard. The club would be insane to sell him for any fee the clubs who want him will offer, so he'll be staying put. I think they need to make some signings in January but unless Defoe gets injured for a period of time I get the feeling they will just about do enough to stay up.

So Hull, Swansea and.... I want to say Burnley as Boro have something likeable about them and Burnley have Joey Barton... But I think unless Boro sign some real fire power up top it'll be them to take the third relegation spot.

Talk of West Ham and Leicester, while still possible, is highly unlikely given the squads they have. Rough patches for sure, but enough to get relegated over the above teams I really don't think so.

Watford haven't been anywhere near the level they've shown since getting back into the league but I do feel they have the players to get enough results.

10. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I forgot Palace... They've definitely been **** enough to warrant being involved in the relegation fight. If they keep on how they've played so far they will get goals and at times be entertaining but concede way too many and go down. But with Sam at the helm I think they will become far more of a unit and wipe out a lot of the individual mistakes that have put them where they are. They have the offensive players to be a mid table team in my opinion, they just need to tighten things up and stop having mid game meltdowns.

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

:emoticon-0121-angry.

There's gonna be mayhem.

12. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Defoe isn't going anywhere.

13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Wish i was as optimistic mate.

14. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

<laugh> awww bless you <laugh>

We've had half our squad out injured all season. There's clubs who have had it a lot worse than you this season.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  15. Deleted #

****ing rat :police:

16. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

The offer made so far is how much? Like 5 or 6 million? If you stay up you get far more than that. Cashing in on him seriously lowers your chances of staying up, he has been vital to the team getting points. And if you get relegated you lose out on huge amounts of money. The 5 or 6 million would look like peanuts compared to the takings from staying in the league. You are better off refusing him a move. It seems ridiculous to me that anyone would think he will move for the kind of numbers being thrown around. Even if he wants to go you are better keeping him and letting him go at the end of the season. Can't see any club throwing away there biggest chance at staying in the league without a silly amount of money being involved and who is going to pay silly money for Defoe at his age?

Not going to happen. He will stay at Sunderland.

NSIS likes this.
  17. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Oi oi. What brings you to these parts?

18. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Its the ****ing yank owner i dont trust.

But surely he must realise its suicide to sell defoe.

The sooner he sells the club and ****s off the better.

19. Deleted #

I've been posting on here rather than the Sunderland board. I've just had a lot on the last month and haven't been posting much at all.

My account is being deleted by a supermod. This is just a swansong <ok>

20. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I haven't followed the situation RE owners at Sunderland at all so I couldn't pass comment, but it's obvious to a blind man that Sunderland will need Defoe to avoid relegation and Moyes will be saying the same behind closed doors. I can't imagine even the ****test owners deciding to sell him with the amount of money difference between staying up and getting relegated. Even if they don't give a **** about the club or the football, from a purely financial perspective it would be ridiculous to sell Defoe unless they have accepted relegation and have no trust in the team or manager. And since it's only a single point between relegation and survival at the moment they'd be absolutely mad to take that view.