1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

South stand prices and singing section

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Taken from otib some suggestions for the South stand from the Supporters Trust and Club. Thoughts?

South Stand prices to be always at least 10% cheaper than the next cheapest in the ground

South Stand ‘singing section’ prices for 2015/16 to be no more than the Williams Stand singing section prices this season

South Stand prices to be fixed for a period of years thereafter, while other prices gradually rise, in order to create a spread of prices that better reflects the spread of earnings in society than is currently the case

Age bracket for price discount for young adults in the South Stand to be extended at the top end from age 21 to age 23, recognising the value that such fans contribute to the matchday atmosphere and their very
    limited budgets.

2. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

yes! ill still be 22 when the stand opens so cheaper season ticket :D

3. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

I am in the current "singing section", and think more thought is needed first by the SC&T.

Where in the South stand will this singing section be? How big is it? What about the other fans in the South stand in future why do one section of fans get a discount v a larger number who will not?

Being in the singing section now with family I would say what should be a great rate is not worth it with the constant hassle that goes with it.

4. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Don't think you'll see this happen, even myself, I would have to ask what is the difference between a 24 yrs olds and a 23 yrs old budget and more importably their contribution to being a fan??

5. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

I support lowering prices for younger fans but you now there are fans who won't. Many young lads 18 -23 have a far higher disposable income than myself with a family and mortgage.

What the SC&T appear to be doing is attempting to give the South stand atmosphere a lift once built by creating a section that the Atyeo did not have when it replaced the Eastend.

6. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Shut up... trying to save a few quid here!

7. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

In today's corporate world, there is a lot of investment going into that stand- Cant see that its going to be the cheapest, it does have to be paid for-

Good thing is that the facilities can be used 7 days a week and football and even Rugby will be only part of its revenue.