1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Southampton Fans Arrested

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Feb 10, 2019.

1. brb

brb CR250

It appears whatever we say or do at football matches these days, we have to be careful we don't get arrested. It leads me back to the time when three Gillingham supporters were arrested at a football match for so called racism towards Steve Evans. The supporters eventually released without charge.

Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty crass thing to do yesterday...

However, once again like most football grounds throughout the country, respects were paid. Now this is where i start having a problem. At the club he was moving too, i get it, but every ground?

It just seems to have come common place that every time something happens now in football, we have to pay a moment to reflect, a moment of mourning. Our grief controlled by the media outlets.

After all who was Sala (no disrespect intended) until the media brought him to our attention, he didn't even get chance to kick a ball for the Welsh club in a League game.

Before people start having a pop at me, you know what is even more crass in all this, worse than them fans who have now been served three year bans, Nantes after Sala's death were reported to have put in a request for £5M.

Money before respect unless your pretending to be an aeroplane. If he was my lad, i'd be devastated, but i didn't know him anymore than the old boy in the local hospice, who will eventually be shovelled off to the crematorium without a thought of his name.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

You can't use the sad story about the hospice kid to justify the level of ****ishness regarding another human being.

You're always setting your bar to a certain level(low). Football fans will soon realise they are not above common decency the scumbags.

It shouldn't be difficult for a human being to feel a degree of sorrow for someone else's demise. Decent human behaviour

1 game, 2 games...tough it out its only a couple of minutes or don't go to the game if you're such a **** and against showing a bit of understanding.

Match goers dont make the rules....they do not own football.

RIP Sala

<peacedove>

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  3. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

And yet once again, no one ever mentions the pilot..The forgotten man..

please log in to view this image

4. brb

brb CR250

The pilot don't matter mate, he wasn't a highly paid footballer <ok>

5. brb

brb CR250

But you overlooked the decent human behaviour in the very same media reports that stated Nantes had requested their money.

6. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

They are just stating a matter of fact. I think we all know that's a ****ty thing to do at this sensitive time for all parties concerned.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The incident happened where Cardiff were playing, and given the lads body had now been found the minutes silence was completely appropriate.

Some bell ends making aeroplane gestures to the visiting fans shows them to be a pair of twats and they were rightly lobbed out, and will no doubt be banned by Soton.

Nantes contacting Cardiff privately asking why they hadn’t paid the payment that was due, after the date expired, has **** all to do with it. He was Cardiff’s player, they’d signed him & the deal was complete, Nantes are due what they are due, and Cardiff should be insured, that’s a business conversation and I thought it was crass that Cardiff chose to leak it personally.

8. brb

brb CR250

They got three year bans i believe.

9. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Agree with every word of this.

Tobes likes this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

please log in to view this image

01 21 Do One likes this.

11. Libby

Libby 9-0

Where have you seen that?

12. brb

brb CR250

Just went back and looked and it said their details are being held by police and they face a three year banning order, so i stand corrected, they haven't actually been banned for that period of time yet.

13. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

14. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Saf likes this.
  15. Saf

<rofl>

Munson owns Fosse likes this.
  16. Saints need all the fans they can get, so can't go banning them for life, mate.
    <whistle>

Archers Road and brb like this.
  17. brb

brb CR250

<laugh>

It's all got very silly in my eyes and it's only going to be a matter of time before you will not even be able to discuss such topics, without fear of offending someone or getting arrested.

The simple fact of the matter is he did not play for Cardiff City and although those two guys were crass at what they did, we see another game where sorrow is shown for an unknown to the main British public until brought to our screens by the media. A suggestion is made if you don't like it don't attend those games. My view is we are becoming a nation of mourners. Personally i blame 'Diana' RIP if people don't know what i mean go research the hysteria from that time.

Maybe we could share our sorrows better by mourning closely loved and lost football supporters and friends, but nah, that don't involve money and the media. Clearly we also forgot the aeroplane had more than one human on board.

Saf likes this.
  18. Saf

There's a thread on the Sunderland board almost going word for word, with you.

It is overkill. The mourning is getting out of hand. Theres a Cardiff fan saying it was his most emotional experience. What? I'd be more upset by the guy down the street dying than some random who would be playing for my club, but never.

brb likes this.
  19. brb

brb CR250

Let me put this to people in another way, about how well known Sala was to the UK, until word of him going to Cardiff. The Match Day Thread, on this board has been going now since 4th August 2017, with over 49,000 replies, show me anywhere in there his name was ever mentioned prior to these events, no one knew who he was, let alone give a shhite about him.

20. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

All I know is a Cardiff City player died in a plane crash .

I think this is the first game they have played since his body was identified ?

I agree he never played for them .

He was however their biggest signing ever , they were looking forwards to seeing what he could bring to the team .

I totally get a lot of the passion shown about his passing ( Lets not forget the Pilot either ) .

What our two C**Nts did was unforgivable IMHO .