1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton v Everton, Sun 25th Oct, 2pm Sky Sports Main Event

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Onionman, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Surrey_Saint

Surrey_Saint Well-Known Member

Agreed! Also exactly what Lee Trundle replied to Lineker’s tweet that it was ‘accidental’. Trundle also said he is a blue but wouldn’t argue with that decision.

SaintinNZ likes this.
  2. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

3. Negative Creep

Negative Creep Well-Known Member

I did wonder if Ings was offiside for that, cant quite remember though. Great ball into him though.

I also wonder what will happen next week with Theo. Sub after 65 mins?

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  4. milton archer

milton archer Well-Known Member

I admire Che he's a tough cookie, I like the way he stays on his feet after being clattered rather than rolling around in feigned agony.

garysfc and SaintinNZ like this.
  5. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Re the earlier talk on fitness, I'm pretty fit....when I am out with other mid-century retro ladies, I am the one they turn to when bottles need opening and sauce packets need tearing. I am also a whizz at opening champagne and prosecco bottles....what else do you need to be fit for?

6. milton archer

milton archer Well-Known Member

Ducking behind the settee?

7. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

A bloke was round my lads house measuring up for blinds this morning - says he doesn`t go the games anymore because the fans are all whingers! Sure, we have whingers, but then so do all clubs. Anyway, my point is that after the game that shall never be mentioned, there was no mass revolt for Ralph to get the sack, as there would be, at a club like, lets say, Everton. We generally stuck with him, and now we reap the benefit. The patient has to sometimes get worse before getting better, or something like that.

Archers Road and shoot_spiderman like this.
  8. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Watched the highlights on motd this morning.
    The inclusion of two ex Everton players as pundits, with the montage of Everton fans saying nice things about their club, showed that the BBC got it totally wrong and expected, in my opinion, an Everton victory.
    It all smacked of disrespect to us.
    Am I glad that we pissed on their chips.

9. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if autocorrect stepped in there...

10. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

Speaking of disrespect, this morning, I was listening to Talksport (just for the adverts, obviously), when one of their pundits, in an attempt to praise Ralph, said "He (Ralph) would be good enough to manage at one of the bigger teams", comparing him to Pochettino, in terms of ability, and the way Poch left us.

People have finally noticed that we are quite good, but in some people's eyes, this can only mean that we have to lose/sell all of our players, our manager, and I've heard someone's put in a bid for the ticket office cleaner.:)

StJabbo1 likes this.

11. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

I think that Ralph is starting to fulfil his potential and big clubs will now cast an envious eye in our direction. It is starting to click and this is even without some big names in the squad being in the first team selection. The threat of relegation has always been a factor in supporting Southampton and the guideline for safety in my opinion is whether we get to twenty points by Christmas. Looking at the remaining fixtures for 2020 and assuming no Covid-related postponements and taking on board the 10-point haul already, I can see us beating Newcastle, Brighton, Sheffield Utd , Brighton, Fulham and West Ham. That would put us up to 28 points by New Year.

Anyone else feeling that optimistic ?

12. West Kent Saint

West Kent Saint Well-Known Member

Always happens. We have no right to be decent, and must be put in our place!

13. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

To judge from the way we out-thought, out-played and out-manoeuvred Everton, supposedly the form team (OK, with absentees), there should be no reason why we should be frightened of anyone, starting with Villa on Saturday. If we're looking at the specific fixtures that you have highlighted, Brighton are on your list twice, so you probably shouldn't expect to get six points from them, at least not until the return fixture on March 13th 2021.

14. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

Woops!

Ok, that would still take us to 25 assuming we lost the others !!

For once, I think the fight for the title and European places will be more exciting than the relegation battle which looks like it is already starting to shape up.

15. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I feel optimistic, but I would never assume a clean sweep of games we should win. Not every game goes by the form book....thank goodness as that is what makes things interesting.

StJabbo1 likes this.
  16. shoot_spiderman

shoot_spiderman Power to the People

I agree, we acted like adults and didn't throw our Ralph out of the pram. Well done Saints :angel:

Its true that some people do seem to get their football pleasure from moaning about what's wrong and that's fine if its what you want to do, but you have to find your people. The people that surround me at the Temple of Great Football are generally a positive lot and go there to be entertained
    I miss them ... a lot :emoticon-0152-heart

You lot on here are generally quite positive and entertaining and are allowed an occasional whinge
    And I appreciate that ... a lot :emoticon-0172-mooni

Mrs S is probably the most positive Footy Fan you could ever meet <diva>:emoticon-0152-heart

17. shoot_spiderman

Stop that immediately .. you know where this sort of loose talk gets us and you should know better at your age :emoticon-0105-wink:

18. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hmm, given what the PL is like this year we just need to take one game at a time. With the exception of a few teams, it is a case of anyone can beat anyone. It is ridiculously open right now.

SaintinNZ likes this.
  19. shoot_spiderman

Not needing to hide behind the sofa optimistic?
    Having a bottle of fizz on ice for the end of the game optimistic?

20. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Having spent a few afternoons watching the Premier League round up by the season, I am just enjoying seeing our points total in double figures and our games played in single figures, instead of the other way around, as per so many previous seasons.

OddRiverOakWizards and tomw24 like this.