1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Squad Options & Transfers for 20/21 Season

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by foolee, Jul 18, 2020.

1. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Yeah, I think it's a bit optimistic to think he will step up and take White's place. He is more likely to fill Berardi's position in the squad as reserve centre back/Phillips stand in (behind Forshaw if fit).

We need a new starting centre back for sure.

Whitejock likes this.
  2. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I think I made a similar point during the game that Struijk looked good but the pressure was off, coupled with charlton being woeful.

Whitejock likes this.
  3. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

The question is does Struijk have enough pace to be top class a centre half ? Hopefully he does but if not then defensive midfield will be a more forgiving position.

These players concern me the most;
    Douglas
    Dallas
    Cooper
    Klich
    Hernandez
    Beradi (when fit)
    Phillips

All good players but all not blessed with PL speed so how many can we have in the side at any one time ?

How will Cooper fare without White's speed on the cover, especially if he has Dallas outside him at full back. Phillips has to play but can we have Klich and Pablo paired in front of him against sharper, quicker players ?

Maybe I'm getting a bit ahead and we should just worry about beating the teams from outside the top 6 but without addressing the above we'll never be competitive at the top end of the division. Sadly I can see us conceding many goals from breakaways/counter attacks next season unless we get some more pace in our defensive line.

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Easy, Tiger! :)

When you get agitated like this, just say over & over to yourself "In Bielsa we trust".

Jammy 07 likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We had the fewest goals scored against us in the league because we defend at speed in numbers. We also created the most scoring chances because we attack at speed, so a couple of slower players are compensated for. However we will be playing better defenders and attackers so needs looking at, but Im not as pessimistic as Jammy. We just need a few top additions so the likes of Dallas, Douglas, Alioski are benched

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I post this clip of Johnathan David because it now seems we have put in a bid. Ghent CEO has said yesterday discussions are ongoing

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Another reason why the David transfer could happen is that he was due to go to Lille for £23m but deal stopped and now Alfredo Morelos is signing for Lille and leaving Rangers, so where is David going?

8. Jammy 07

Sorry guys if it came across as pessimistic...I'm not and think we'll do ok for a newly promoted side.

It's just now's the time to be critical or perhaps I should say analyse players strengths, weaknesses and be aware of our limitations. No point in getting on players backs during the season, all we can do then as supporters is back them to the hilt.

Maybe I'm dreaming but just imagine the extra pace I'm talking about combined with superior ability and we could finish top 6. In my opinion that requires 4 quality addtions.

2 defenders...both quick and good in the air.
    Midfielder...with skill and guile.
    Striker...fast, mobile and reasonable finisher.

All those will probably need to be the unfinished article as we can't afford to shop in the Harrods and Harvey Nics of footballers. Let's build a new young side around the core of the one which achieved promotion.

Whitejock and Doc like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Anyone any ideas who/why Bielsa's is looking at over at Goodison Park today. Any Everton players we fancy besides Miose Kean :emoticon-0115-inlov who is Anchelotti wanting rid of or are we looking at Solanki or King or even Lewis Cooke whos on the bench?

ristac likes this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He’s taking the chance to scout two of next seasons opponents, I was typing that in jest but as I got to the end of the sentence I thought you know what, I’m probably right.

11. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

Wouldn't touch Moise Kean with a barge pole. Horrendous attitude, been disciplined multiple times this season for both club and country for not being able to keep time, hosted a house party during a global pandemic (and was stupid enough to broadcast it on social media), and was substituted off for Everton 19 minutes after coming on as a sub because he refused to stick to the team's shape and the manager's instructions and wasn't tracking back. No thanks. He's going down the same route as Balotelli.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  12. Jammy 07

I'd take Lewis Cook back if available....Bielsa would make a proper player out of him.

13. Whitejock

Are you sure? I'm not convinced his body would be up to Bielsa's requirements. Hasn't he been quite injury-prone since he left us?

Infidel and Gessa like this.
  14. Jammy 07

True, not sure about recently but the first one was a knee or something and that can happen to any player.

Just thought he's got a great engine with more rpm than some of our midfielders.

15. Whitejock

Had a wee look at the stats. Only played 68 times in 4 years, or 17pa, if you prefer. Going by that he's missed about two thirds of their games.

Haven't we signed enough crocks? :)

NostradEmus and Jammy 07 like this.
  16. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

No, wouldn't want Lewis Cook back.

I'm sat watching Swansea and am impressed with Conor Gallagher again. Only 20 but on Chelsea's books. Looks a very good footballer and works just as hard as Klich. Much rather get Gallagher than Cook.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

£27m offered by Leeds for Johnathan David, all depends now on if Man Utd and Everton want to increase their offers?

18. Jammy 07

Fair enough.

On that basis we surely can't give Forshaw a new contract...think he's been with us two and a half seasons and hardly played.

Bamford did really well this season to stay fit, especially given the miles he covered.

Whitejock likes this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

add in Roberts too :emoticon-0148-yes:

Whitejock likes this.
  20. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

In fairness to Cook, the first season he didn’t play much because he was new to the Premier League. He had a couple of ankle injuries which didn’t help but I don’t think he got any momentum going as a result. The following season he played circa 30 games, then in 2018/19 he started most games before his unfortunate ACL, which can happen to anyone. He’s still played in half their games this season after coming back as well, so don’t think there’s much evidence to suggest he’s injury prone.

That said, not too fussed about bringing him back. He’s a decent player but hasn’t shown enough to warrant signing at the moment.

Also, 17 in a season is closer to missing half their games rather than two thirds, only 38 games in the prem!

Whitejock and Jammy 07 like this.