1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Squad Options & Transfers for 20/21 Season

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by foolee, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Roberts is different in that he's worth a few quid and considered an asset.

If he plays even reasonably well in the PL his value would sky rocket as well.

Whitejock likes this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Having a little giggle to myself. Forshaw's managed 49 in those 2.5 years, against Cook's 68 in 4 years. Tbf, Forshaw might not have got that many more. Not easy to get into our team! :)

Jammy 07 likes this.
  4. Whitejock

Caught your post after I answered Jammy's.

Yup, 51 in 2.5 years, marginally better than Forshaw. And only 7 goals (zero for Forshaw).

5. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I suppose the point is that we already have Forshaw and Roberts so why add another one in Cook.

Whitejock likes this.
  6. Whitejock

I know it's been 16 years, but surely the PL haven't stopped playing in the cups? <whistle>

7. Jammy 07

Have scrubbed sicknote Cook from the list of desirables <ok>

Whitejock likes this.
  8. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

Don’t think Bournemouth ever played an extra 13 cup games a season though did they <laugh>

Whitejock likes this.
  9. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

Agreed, he looks a handy player. Shame he’s managed by Fat Frank so no chance he’ll be allowed to come here <laugh>

10. Jammy 07

Watford can probably afford to do a Villa and bankroll their way back to the PL.

Norwich and Bournemouth though will have to make adjustments to their new reality...

Must be a couple of decent players at both clubs who might become available ?

11. NostradEmus

I'd just throw a cheeky £5 million bid in.

12. NostradEmus

Buendia from Norwich has been linked. The other would be Onel Hernandez. Both are very tricky hard working creative players. They'll want to move on if they can.

As for Bournemouth. They have been a bit more "established" in the Premier League so might have the financial clout to keep their better players for a season.

Same with Watford although that club is run like Cellino is in charge. Might be one or two wanting out. I'm going to upset a few now by suggesting a controversial signing that might fit the Bielsa way. I reckon Danny Welbeck is a better version of Bamford. Delofeu (spelling?) would add a bit of class to our squad too!

Jammy 07 likes this.
  13. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Watched about an hour of the Citeh - Norwich game, Hernandez does look a good player and hard working, the goal he had chalked off was a cracker too.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  14. NostradEmus

Yeah, technically very good. Quick feet. Would fit in nicely

15. Jammy 07

Perhaps I was wrong about you Emu...it's just you have a blindspot where Bamford is concerned.

Or maybe I do :emoticon-0102-bigsm

NostradEmus likes this.
  16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Jammy Roberts has missed two thirds of our games since he signed and even missed almost all of his first season. The only value he has really is that Bielsa would have improved him but we paid around £4m for him and we still await payback. Hes only scored 7 goals in 3 seasons mate and yes there are times when he is frighteningly good like a few weeks ago with one of the goals of the season, but not much since then. Watched him being average for the U23s with Edmondson sulking on the bench watching him try too hard and affect the team. Edmondson replaces him and smashes in a couple every time.... a kid with a lot of promise who needs to deliver

Jammy 07 likes this.
  17. NostradEmus

Credit where it's due, Bamford probably hit his best form towards the end of the season but I maintain my stance that he is well, well short of the quality required for us.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

hearing that Bournemouth owe £32m this summer in timed transfer payments and even though Parachute payments will come totalling circa £30m the club is working on an 84% wage ratio of income. That income halves next season so the club is on the verge.

step up Marcelo Bielsa to look at their players this afternoon as they will need to sell to cover the £32m debt alone and cut the wage bill they dont own the ground and we know what thats like

NostradEmus and Jammy 07 like this.
  19. NostradEmus

Won't they have some kind of punishment for breaking FFP rules when they went up? That could be financial too.

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

nothing like that mate as they have been clean and green since they went up and have managed to stay up for a while they have gradually spent more each season to improve the squad but injuries killed them this season. Those injuries are now back due to lockdown and results improved recently but too late. FFFP rules different in the Prem but once you over extend yourself like we did under Ridsdale, a fire sale is required. Ours was needed because we didnt make the Champions League, Bournemouths is potentially much worse as they get relegated and lose out on over £100m per year with hardly any revenue coming in as fan base is tiny, no assets except players. Parachute payments will last for 3 years in their case and total £92m but will need to offload players. Parachute payments have killed fair football

Jammy 07, NostradEmus and 2 pennth like this.