1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve Bruce

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Rudekid, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

If we can get a decent point at Leeds and beat Fulham, I'll shut up about Bruce and just accept him.

But, I think peoples opinions will swiftly change if we lose those two, after that we have City, Pool, Leicester and Arsenal. Gonna be extremely tough.

2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

My opinion won't change

Rafman likes this.
  3. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

Boot him up the arse, dump him under Gateshead flyover and give him a year's supply of cheap Asda Merlot and he'll be well happy.
    <laugh> ****ing plonky wino!

Munson. likes this.
  4. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

You're right, he will probably get a hard time if we lose all four of those last games, but we need three points from our next 7 games to be on target to stay up. For me, his job is just to keep us up until a takeover happens and anything else is a bonus. It's ****, but is where we are at the moment.

5. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

I'd backdate his sacking and pretend we never had the useless f*cker.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  6. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Have you seen the state of Arsenal?

Judge Death likes this.
  7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

You two wet wipes need to get more businesslike. **** Bruce, he's been well paid. Nobody will give a **** about messages etc. The message we should be looking to send out is "Hi top 6 guys, we're here to **** your women and drink your beer so buckle the **** up"

Flash likes this.
  8. Seabass

The reality is that currently we are 1 win with a game in hand behind the team currently in 6th place. I agree I think we need better to put us in proper contention but right now he's not going anywhere. I would be very surprised in general if we saw anything like the same amount of managerial sackings as usual this year either as covid will have hit clubs abilities to pay managers out of their contracts.

9. Warmir Pouchov

Mate this was solely related to them saying they'd keep him even if we were taken over. Regardless of upheaval etc, we aren't doing well enough or playing well enough to make that a viable decision. There is absolute nothing to lose if we get taken over in sacking Bruce. We literally can only gain from that situation.

Different ball game sacking him while the current owner remains. I see little to be gained in that scenario because we know the stamp of manager who will replace him.

10. Seabass

To replace him we need someone really switched on inside the club to make the right decision and be able to sell the vision. To have a chance of doing that we need the takeover to happen and we need them to hire good people in decision making positions.

Who do you go for though. So difficult to identify the right person for a club in our position. It's always a gamble.

11. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

I think its a difficult one, I'd never back down on the stick he's taken over the last 18 months and the fact the football, especially when playing 5 at the back, has been an abhorrent watch and people have slandered him for it, and the stats are there to back it up. BUT you're only as good as your last game and while it's still not great we are getting points so currently I'm not slamming Bruce - but I will when the time comes, and it will again.

12. Warmir Pouchov

It really does depend on the takeover. If that happens, you need to get the next big thing before it happens - our standing is such you couldn't expect the big boys. The Pep's and Klopps have established jobs, and being blunt we are too small fry even with funds. The guys rumoured to be part of the turnover won't leave it to chance. They'll commit to a vision and stick to it. You are going to see them put something bigger in place with sporting directors and so on. It will be more than just a manager, its an entire structure.

I'd look at Marcelo Gallardo. Ridiculous record at River Plate, modern style, will be looking to test himself in Europe. Clearly has the appetite to build something for the long term looking at his work there. I certainly would not advocate in any circumstance where a takeover happens, and Bruce remains for any period. The guy is not up to the task that will be set and there is no room for sentiment or softness. I actually quite like the guy, he seems genuine. Typical of most managers, he seems to struggle to acknowledge errors and has his excuses, but being blunt our fans can be complete fanny pads in this regard. They do this with every manager, over analysing looking for things to be offended at "Bruce said this, he's a moron" - rinse and repeat for every manager. They get way too hung up on words. All said and done though, on the stuff that matters to me, he fails miserably. His teams look disjointed and have zero attacking plan.

No takeover, then no change because anyone half decent will just get frustrated.

13. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Are you his Agent?

14. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Is a useless ****.

Munson. likes this.
  15. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Another 3 points tonight and you'll all be looking daft..

16. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

How are we getting 3 points tonight?

Or will I be the one looking daft?

17. Rudekid

Tomorrow..

18. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Ye you are

19. Rudekid

Yes

20. Warmir Pouchov

Nah you don't have to a rocket scientist to work out the bloke is the real deal. His record is so good and the football he plays has been warmly received. No mean feat in Argentina, the fans can be quite demanding and violent when they don't like what they see <laugh>