1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Streaming news

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by philhul, Dec 31, 2014.

1. philhul

philhul Well-Known Member

For all those that use Wiziwig for streaming EPL and other sport, they are to close the site after making the following announcement

"Today is a sad day for all fans of live sports streaming, as we at Wiziwig have to announce that we're forced to close our website, at least for now. This due to new laws in Spain which will get into force starting tomorrow, the 1st January 2015. Failing to comply with the new reform puts us at risks of fines being as high as € 600.000,- and also losing our domain, hosting and other necessary stuff to operate wiziwig.

We've decided to join a new project, called GetYourFixtures.com, on which you can find tv listings for many live sports events but also links to official streaming. So please check out this interesting website by clicking the logo or links below:

GetYourFixtures.com :: Sports on TV - Football on TV - Soccer on TV - Official Streams

tigers 2008 likes this.
  2. jamesthemonkeh

I'm sure there will be a replacement website doing the same thing by tomorrow.

3. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

Never used it. Always found my other options quicker and easier.

I was impressed by the interaction between the owners and users though. I'll chexk out the new site no doubt but continue streaming as I always have over the years.

4. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Wiziwig carries viruses anyway. Iv'e been using firstrow sports.

5. Anal Frank Fingers

I'm reasonably sure it won't have carried viruses. It was a well organised site. A lot of the Russian links were junk though and I really never found sopcast to be any good. Acestream was okay but I'd rather just have straight links like firstrow or other static sites hold. Need nothing but a decent adblocker and an understanding of how not to click on stupid links. Basic numpty stuff.

6. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I have a paid for anti virus(McAffee) and they put a warning on Wiziwig. Also,someone on here said it had been hacked. Now this ? It all adds up.

7. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

1) Paid for anti-virus software is a scam, windows defender is perfectly fine and doesn't needlessly block as many safe sites/programs

2) Wiziwig didn't have any direct downloads so couldn't have given you a virus

3) The site links to other sites which may have downloads which contain viruses, but you will only be affected if you are stupid enough to click on the obviously malicious download links. If you click on a flash link and just close out all the adverts and avoid clicking on anything else. Sopcast and Acestream are both legit programs so will not be harmful if downloaded from the right place.

4) Using streaming services is perfectly safe if you aren't stupid. I haven't ever had a virus from it and I've done it ever since it was available.

Kempton likes this.
  8. philhul

philhul Well-Known Member

Add blocker downloaded free is all you need....worked perfectly for me

9. Anal Frank Fingers

I'm not a fan of paid virus scanners either, as against all logic they don't seem to perform as well as the more popular free ones.

I used McAfee in the early 90s when it was free and it was one of the best but it was overtaken by a number of other scanners at the time. Not sure how good it is now.

Admittedly, I run relatively bareback on my Linux laptop which is foolhardy but not picked up anything yet. Firewall is rock solid in and out though.

In general its hard to pick up viruses from these if you know what you are doing.

10. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten about Sopcast.

I used to use it and found it really good but it always lagged about 5 minutes behind browser based streams, so I gave up on it.

Is that still the case?

11. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

Yep it does seem to lag behind a lot, you also need a really good connection to use it anyway

12. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

At the suggestion of one poster on here I tried "sportsnation HD" it costs $5 (£3) for a day or $7 (£4.50) a week. But the quality is very good, and it is usually either SKY or BT coverage.

13. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  14. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

aye, dunno why you'd pay for virus coverage, it's entirely plausible to run without any protection at all, but the windows stuff is competent, just dont download any dodgy programs

but aye, once one streaming goes down, another pops in it's place, same with torrents etc

15. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

I don't stream anymore but Firstrow Sports was spot on when I used it, I recommend using a linux system to watch streams to avoid malware/viruses, its easy to dual-boot your laptop with a linux set-up not just for streaming but for peace of mind regarding online banking etc. nothings infallible but Windows is fairly vunerable