1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Strongest links to Weakest Links??

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Hudd and Livermore. They just arent doing it. Neither have enough bite when we dont have the ball.

2. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

And when you throw a poor Quinn into the equation we have problems in the middle of the park.

Get Alex Bruce in there!!!

3. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

I have to agree Chaz.
    When they first arrived, they looked like they were world beaters, think that was cos they were surrounded by dross.
    but with these new players, like AH, HBA and Ramirez shining, they are starting to get eclipsed.

4. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

ramirez and ben arfa have played about 15 minutes. how could they have eclipsed thud and livermore?

5. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

That's exactly why we signed Diame.

6. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Livermore has been poor since he signed here. Disappointing.

7. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

I thought for a bit, Hudd looked a bit more active and combative. He was driving a little more than normal, but as the game went on, we sat deeper and gave them more time on the ball.

8. tigerpants54

tigerpants54 Active Member

I thought, huddlestone & livermore looked alot better when ramirez and ben arfa came on, probably both been man marked, which explains why diame was left in space!! Thought quinny and robertson had a very poor game!

9. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Aye. He showed them tonight what a Premier League midfielder needs to do.

10. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

MF has become our weakest link this season. Thudd is not creating anything and is giving the ball away too often and Livermore seems AWOL most of the game. Diame showed them up today. Maybe Meyler needs to be starting with 5 across and Chester back in a back three at Newcastle. Robertson was poor defensively today although making some good runs in attack. Dawson had a very good game though and cut out two crosses that could have been goals.

11. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Thought Livermore had his best game of the season... couple of great dribbles, nutmeggs Hammers a couple of times and set up Elmo for the cross for the first goal.

12. WSTiger

WSTiger Well-Known Member

Midfield still the weak link. West Ham as evidenced by the possession stats came close to dominating us there.

13. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

Thought Hudd wasn't bad today, just not getting himself involved enough. Towards the end he started to influence the game a bit more. Did an ace shimmy that left their man for dead. Want to see more of that. Think he needs a selfish streak.

Livermore just seems to be going missing at the moment. You can forget he's on the pitch at times. A good player that's just not at his best currently.

14. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

We were better in the second half last time out when we didn't play them together. Put them together again and we again lose control. I hope Bruce sees this. Quinn has done well this season, Diame has looked good so far.

15. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

This clip is going to come in very handy on here.

[video=youtube;WrjwaqZfjIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY[/video]

16. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

Part of the problem we seem to suffer from is tempo or lack of it, when we gain possession we seem to stop and wait for the opposition to get back into position, before we make a move.

17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I didn't think either Huddlestone or Livermore had a bad game last night, they just looked a little lost at times, I think once they've settled into a new formation and got used to their new teammates, they'll be fine.

18. bigfattiger

bigfattiger Well-Known Member

Agree, it was like when Livs and Meyler played the home leg against Lokeren, they just looked uncomfy across a midfield 4. It didn't look entirely comfortable last night playing 4 players who are happiest centrally in the diamond. Relied a lot on Elmo and Robertson for width.

Don't agree with the Robertson bashers either, I think he looked great for 60-70mins than just ran out of steam, having to come from FB to get forward instead of WB.

19. Gawge

Gawge Well-Known Member

Thudd and Livermore are excellent off-the-ball. Their positioning is really good, but they have both done very little with the ball for a long while.

I'd drop Thudd for Gaston vs Newcastle.

20. djsowtz

djsowtz Well-Known Member

I think Huddleston and Livermore were fine last night, but also think you could only play 2 out of Hudd, Livermore and Diame at the same time possibly.

I also thought Robertson had a good game. Couple of little errors, but still much more solid than a few I could mention.