1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer 2020 Transfer Rumours

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Saints FC 76, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Romsey_Saint

Romsey_Saint Well-Known Member

Am a big fan of Bednarek. Still young, has alot of potential to become a top quality CB in the EPL.

Valary seems to have issues with his decision making and overall situational awareness. Maybe his age and obvious lack of experience; hopefully these can be worked on.

2. Saintharry13

Saintharry13 Well-Known Member

I think this where we did so well with Fonte; he was an accomplished club defender and we used his experience and knowledge and at the same time he turned into an international defender he used his experience to develop who he worked with at Saints, same for that knob VD too... we need to unearth another gem or pay to get some experience in...

3. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

You just have to look at the prices being paid for CB in their prime age, and how bad a lot of the top teams defences still are to know how hard it is to find a ready made top level CB. Look how much City, Arsenal, United, Liverpool have spent over the last 5 years or so and how many have really been a success. Our best bet is to sign a younger one who we believe has a lot of potential and show a bit of patience.

Unfortunately the reality is that we will nurture them for a couple of years, putting up with some of their errors etc and then if they do turn into an accomplished good defender we won't enjoy that for long as they'll leave pretty much straight away. Just hope they go more the way of Lovren if they do than a VVD

4. 9043graham

9043graham Well-Known Member

5. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

9043graham likes this.
  6. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Morgan on the move.

7. Lambertissier

Lambertissier Well-Known Member

8. 9043graham

I'm really not bothered about PEH leaving. But he should look at Morgan's career path for how not to do it.

Morgan was amence for us but went to utter sh@t as soon as he left.

9. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

You are correct sir, Adam Blackmore rubbished it at the time.

10. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

So sad to see how far he has dropped since leaving us for a big pay day

11. 9043graham

Agreed, it was the loan but that it me. It was worded as if it was common knowledge or so I thought.

12. saintrichie123

That’s a lot of money.

13. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

9043graham likes this.
  14. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

The first 6 months with us, he was brilliant. Then injury, changing of managers and asking him to perform role he couldn't, then impacted on form and confidence. Would have preferred him on Sunday over an unfit gomes in the Derby, he would have given us more confidence to push forward with him sat in. Sure he will shine back in France.

15. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

I'm so detached from European football, I've never heard of him

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  16. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

17. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Wonder if he regrets leaving Saints. It led to his career fizzling out and spending most of his time on the bench.

But he has an FA cup winners medal and made a ton of money. Probably pretty happy with his choice I suppose

18. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

The only criticism I would have of Morgan during his tenure at St Mary's was a lack of goals. There are few players who shared the quality of his vision when it came to long distance passing. He should have excelled at Man Utd but I think he joined a poor team at the wrong time. He would have been better off reuniting with Poch at Spurs where I think a flair player of his calibre would have flourished.

I am not too surprised by rumours of lack of finance at St Marys and I would suggest that this probably appertains to about 90% of clubs at the moment. I think the Chinese investment was a poor decision and an unnecessary rocking of the boat. If we need to save money, surely now is the time to cut our losses with those players who will never return to Saints as well as cash in on fringe players like Boufal. There is the making of a decent squad amongst the current crop of players and it would be pointless to cash in on some of this talent at this point in time. That said, I strongly think that Ward-Prowse will end up being poached by one of the bigger clubs and he is the player I would fear about losing most at this point in time. No worries about Redmond or Ings leaving but have accepted that PEH will not be here for the 20/21 campaign and have a suspicion that Adams will be off-loaded too even if I can see him coming good next campaign. Obafemi has more promise, I think. I would imagine that Obafemi would be a quite physical presence and difficult for defenders to shove off the ball.

Intriguing to read the negative assessments of Valery. I don't feel that he has progressed as much as I had anticipated this season. I had visions of him become a very significant player yet the illness and failure to get in to the squad has seen his development stall. The defence remains the concerning element of the squad and I feel that money has got to be spent here even if it means not getting what we want to the likes of Forster or Moi.

19. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

No worries about Ings leaving? We’d be down without him!

Edit: apologies! I see what you mean - you don’t have any concerns that he might leave! Agreed (though nothing is 100%).

20. saintrichie123

Cedric signing 4 year deal then with Arsenal.