1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer 2024 transfer thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 19, 2024.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be given how Robertson turned out.

2. zimozimo

zimozimo Well-Known Member

He’s definitely being called their stand out player and has 3 assists this season, but that’s all I know.

Birmingham are keen, and have first refusal. Although his Leeds contract ends with the season and he’s not getting a new offer, so I’m not sure how that works.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  3. Tigerboy98

Tigerboy98 Well-Known Member

Exactly, feel like we’ve proved ourselves with Robertson, Bowen, Maguire, and now KLP slowly getting better at Brentford. We can produce talent and we should be rewarded fairly, I think they try take the piss cause we’re little Hull.

4. Nikica Jellyfish

Nikica Jellyfish Well-Known Member

Not sure it matters if Brum are keen, we are now reminiscent of Luton and Brentford etc building season upon season, 70 points is a cracking effort and we’ve separated ourselves imo from the others. In hindsight irregardless of if we sneak playoffs or not I can’t wait for next year and I’d rather stay in this league and contest for the top 2 with what I imagine will be a far more balanced and well drilled side.

up the tigers.

Help!, Wessie Exile and SydneyTiger14 like this.
  5. SydneyTiger14

No hindsight needed for that opinion! Think next year will be a cracking and open league, if we can't make it this year then it'll be an awesome run next year.

Nikica Jellyfish likes this.
  6. Nikica Jellyfish

Nikica Jellyfish Well-Known Member

Yeah you’re right wrong wording, I’m on a stag do in Lisbon drunk about 400 pints will blame it on that.

genuinely can’t wait for next year.

7. SydneyTiger14

The ride is better than the destination. We need to enjoy these seasons before the sterility of the PL

8. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Very much this
    Regardless of whether we ever get to the PL again we need to enjoy how much we’ve improved

Mcrtiger, Evington, Help! and 8 others like this.
  9. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

It has been an amazing season. Liam has done a tremendous job, even if we fall a bit short. To compete with clubs with PL money we have had to take a few calculated gambles. Like Delap who hadn’t done very well with other Championship loans, he’s been superb for us.

The Ipswich manager has had a bit longer to mould his team, that’s our footprint, I’m looking forward to seeing how it progresses under LR. He’s bright, eloquent, an advocate of the region and he is the best man for the job.

10. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I was just looking at Conor Chaplin on Wiki... he went from Portsmouth to coventry for 525k and then from Barnsley to Ipswich for 875k.... the type of player we need (gets in the refs face, little s**t) and shows they're out there...

Evington and springtiger like this.

11. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

I think looking ahead to summer, as much as we need a few more proven heads to come in and manage the season better. Given Rosenior’s track record at getting more out of players than previous managers of theirs have, we shouldn’t really take note of records, other fans comments. Delap and Morton are perfect examples of what I mean, both seen as underwhelming by Blackburn, Stoke and Preston but we’ve really benefited from that

12. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

How’s the young lad we got on loan from Turkey done, can’t remember his name but I’m assuming he’s played for the u18/23’s

13. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

He's scored a few since January, but he's not 19 yet so still a baby.

Geo10 likes this.
  14. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

The thing I love about him is that he can play both sides. Can essentially replace Giles and Christie with one player

15. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Hey HEY you stop their sir. Sir? Sir? You stop it right now, you're putting words in my mouth.

I said he reminded me of Altidore, not Forss.

And as it turns out, he's developed well and had an impact. Nobody wrote him off completely; he just didn't hit the ground running and the management obviously didn't rate him much either as he missed out on a fair few match day squads. This led to people questioning why he was brought in and on what grounds when we needed a striker. I think that at the time, that was a completely fair assessment.

16. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Wasn’t talking about you, ST. Didn’t even notice you slating Ohio. Others did and called him a donkey after one sub appearance.

17. Steven Toast

Mentioned him last season while he was at FC Volendam (ironically where George Cox went after his trial, as Murkin's replacement), but Derry John Murkin at Schalke has 6 assists from LB this season at Schalke are midtable in Bundesliga 2. He'd be great as an attacking LB.

RB I'd look at Joe Rankin Costello at Blackburn.

18. Steven Toast

Haha I know I'm just messing. I didn't really rate him, I did have a pop at him for looking a bit Ali Dia like.

We've got a good chance of signing him for relatively cheap, I don't think Standard Liege will ask the world for him as he wasn't even in their first team when he arrived.

Howdentiger2 and SydneyTiger14 like this.
  19. SydneyTiger14

Wonder who you're referring to. :)

20. SydneyTiger14

Interesting that they didn't want to include an option in the loan in that case though. Seemed a bit strange.