1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer 2024 transfer thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I wonder how much the McVitie’s deal actually is. Obviously we won’t find out until next year at the earliest when the 23/24 accounts are published. Interesting that Acun has said we won’t sell Greaves and Philogene unless they want to leave and it’s for an offer that matches our valuation when Tan and Acun have both previously said selling players would be necessary if we didn’t get promoted so that we can work within FFP. He did say the same about Lewis-Potter though so he could just be trying to push the price up.

Given we’ve lost 11 first team players already either by releasing them or loanees going back to their parent clubs, it’s a huge rebuild this summer and not one that can be done on a shoestring budget if we are to remain competitive in the division. I’d imagine Acun wants to back the new manager as best he can in the transfer market within the rules. Giles is £4.5 million straight away as it seems we’re making it permanent (still unsure about that signing). A new right-back will cost a few million. That Bryan Reynolds would be £3 million at least if Westerlo want to recoup what they spent, someone like Ethan Laird would cost similar etc. Might get Willock on a free but wages would still be quite high. We need to sign at least three strikers and whilst one could be a loan, I’d expect us to spend a significant amount on at least one striker.

We went quite gung ho in January with our signings and the wages would’ve been expensive even for the loans. I think the McVitie’s deal must have had a big impact on our spending.

2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Giles is an exciting signing, he’s got the track record at this level. He just didn’t work very well in the previous set up, we didn’t really play to his strengths and he never really seemed to click with Philogene, although to be fair he had a different player in front of him every other game.

3. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Allegedly our home form was poor because opposition teams set up defensively and we struggled to to break through. Our away form was good because teams came at us and we could use our game plan. So on to Plymouth it should have been perfect for us, an away game and they had to win to avoid relegation so came at us rather than sitting back and defending. And a win for us could have put us in the play offs.

4. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

Wheres cameron jerome rumours come from?

5. george dawes

george dawes Active Member

2016?

6. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

Weatherspoons open?

7. HCAFCHangout

HCAFCHangout Well-Known Member

To be fair the players shat the bed that day. I don’t think they looked ready to handle that kind of game.

Thay falls on Rosenior as well but sometime players do just go in their shell

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  8. Nikica Jellyfish

Nikica Jellyfish Well-Known Member

Giles is going to hit different levels when actually allowed to attack, there’s no way on earth Matty Jacob deserves to be in ahead of him.

9. balkan tiger

And yet they had been away at Southampton and won, came from behind 3 times against Ipswich to get a draw.

10. HCAFCHangout

Honestly I couldn’t say. I think a lot of the good form came when the pressure felt like it was off. All of a sudden they’re in a high pressure game and they fall short.

Southampton and Ipswich games I would argue they were the underdogs which probably helped

SydneyTiger14 likes this.

11. HCAFCHangout

Jacob played well in fairness. Giles was misused but let’s not discredit that Jacob earned his spot at points

12. bradymk2

Giles might be good
    But im not sure how we can afford to spend 4.5m on that position in our situation

Feels extreme

Bit chunk of the budget

Especially when we dont have a single senior forward currently

Newland Tiger likes this.
  13. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

What is the budget?

14. bradymk2

1billion?

15. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Which is why I said it was also the players tightening up.

16. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

How many assists could he have if properly utilised? Might be money welk spent.

17. bradymk2

I get that, but we dont have any forwards for him to assist yet

Werent his stats skewed a bit since boro had akpom who had like 30 goals?

18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Why does there have to be a single, simple explanation for our defeat at Plymouth? We were ****. It happens sometimes. It will continue to happen sometimes no matter who we appoint as our future managers. Judging managers, squads or seasons based on a single game is a ridiculous pursuit. In this case, the wider body of evidence shows that we were a good side with some obvious limitations.

19. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

No idea though I am not sure Acun can offset a billion plus that wouldn’t be possible with FFP.

20. balkan tiger

That game was one of the many, the reason to focus on the Plymouth game is that all the excuses for the other poor games were not applicable against Plymouth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)

1. Weemanweeman07
  2. Shark Sports