1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer '22 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Sorry, that's garbage.

He'll have 1 year left and players only command a fraction of their value in their last year.

2. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

That fee could be more or less then 10% it will depend on how its negotiated, but that's why the figures I used where absolute worse case for the poor lad haha

TwoWrights likes this.
  3. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Are the days of 10% if you don't ask for a move, and 5% if you do gone?

4. Canninho

Canninho Active Member

Agree with HT2, I’d be taking the £16mil + add ons. His stock is currently at the highest point, given he’s now in the England set up also. Obviously don’t want to see a talented local lad leave us but got to weigh it up.

nbetiger likes this.
  5. Howdentiger2

Each transfer is so unique these days that it's almost impossible to see any rules of thumb so to speak. Hence why most take so long.

TwoWrights likes this.
  6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Kerem Aktürkoğlu. Or, Ferdi Kadioglu.

Or, if we were really feeling it, Zymer Bytiqi.

7. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

It's heck of a jump from the £2.3m you first mentioned to the £3.5m in this 2nd post! I agree there might be additional income, but I would have thought unlikely to be another 50% on top of the £15k per week salary you put forward.
    I agree that £1.75m might be enough to live on IF a) you come out of the 3 years in London with nearly all of it intact, and b) you invest sensibly. 2 very big ifs for a young footballer!! He would have to live in London for 3 years first, and that isn't cheap, and there's so many temptations to spunk your money - it really is highly unlikley.
    Say by some miracle, he ended up with £1.5m. after 3 years. That's being incredibly optimistic. He'd have a house still to buy (and car etc). £1 mill invested, drawdown following the '4% rule' would only give him £40k gross a year = £35k net. Enough to live on IF sensible & careful, but not exactly set up for life.
    Get another 3 years and you are sorted for sure ..... if you have any sense.
    Not sure why I've wasted 10 mins of my life on this :)

8. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Long gone. Higher wages instead (as the norm at least). So I believe.

TwoWrights likes this.
  9. Howdentiger2

£2.3m - total basic weekly wage during contract
    £3.5m - total wage during contract including singing on fee, individual bonuses like goal / appearance bonus, team bonuses like win/cup runs/final league position etc and anything on top of that like image rights.... Add all that together and I'm probably low balling it at £3.5m

Edit... Why would you draw down from your initial investment, you'd invest in things like property that would give you a wage without touching the original investment and at the same time let that initial investment grow so £1m invested in let's say property is almost always growing year on year ( bar some years obviously if the worst happens ) along with rental income from those properties Increasing over time and he's not going to just live on that income a year is he? He will almost certainly have other contracts after his initial 3yrs that will keep an income coming on top of the investment income..... Someone who earns that kind of money should be able to set themselfs up for life and if they don't its sod all to do with not earning enough and all to do with what they do with that money

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  10. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

They’re Harry Potter spells you’re not fooling me ST.

11. Steven Toast

We're talking about £16m for a player who's had, from a neutral perspective at least, an above average season. To have done what kids his age do usually signals decent potential, but 12 goals and 4 assists isn't anything to shout about from the outside looking in. Emil Riis Jakobsen, who scored 16 goals and managed 5 assists wouldn't be costing anywhere near that (though he is three years older), neither would Elijah Adebayo (again, 24 but 16 goals and 4 assists). Obviously being an U21 will have pushed the price up, but do we seriously think he's worth more? Do other clubs?

£16m for a player who cost us nothing is very good going and, from a sensible perspective is a hell of a lot of money, especially to a club like ours. It would mean that the likes of Greaves, Longman, Slater and Fleming would also command bigger fees given their potential and sets our stall out.

I say take it and bank the money, spend GOOD money on a replacement (to avoid another Samuelsen situation).

allowentry and Howdentiger2 like this.
  12. Steven Toast

I just focused on the Turkish leagues based on where I think we'll be looking for a replacement. With the money we get, there'd be very few players in that division that would say no to us.

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  13. NewcastleTiger

Jackson Muleka from Standard Liege, what are Van Der Veen’s connections like in the Netherlands? Surely a top Dutch youngster could be sourced by him…

14. Howdentiger2

Think of it a different way.... £16m goes a long way to getting us a very good training ground/academy that should help us produce more KLPs etc

15. Steven Toast

Yep, he's got some good contacts there, but I don't know how much say he has on the transfer front.

16. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Like most of your posts

17. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

Read Twine saying what good training facilities Burnley have. Looked it up and they spent £10 million a few years back on a new set up. Didn’t know it but Burnley were the first club to have a separate training ground when Bob Lord built theirs in the 1950s.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  18. Steven Toast

Agreed, we have Snelgrove, Smith, Jarvis and Cartwright coming through as well who will no doubt go on to bigger things too. Be nice to stick £5m-£7m into upgrading our training ground.

19. NewcastleTiger

Be interesting what level Smith ends up playing, Macca and Will could both end up with decent loans too if they’re trusted.

20. Steven Toast

Snelgrove has already had offers from Hamilton (again, they wanted him last season) and York, but he wants to go through pre season here first.

We also have Glen Sani coming through the ranks who is a real top prospect.