1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer '22 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 11, 2022.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He said one's a left back. :bandit:

2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

We shifting Fleming out on loan?

3. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

4. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Two points for me, the defence had mistakes in it because it had to absorb more pressure than usual due to a very poor midfield and an attack that couldn’t retain possession enough . As for squads I’ve always been of the opinion that if a player who’s fit cannot get in the team regularly or consistently after making appearances then he’s not good enough . We’ve signed many players over the years who failed to command a place after 18 months unless injured they are not good enough and should go .

Howden Tigress and SydneyTiger14 like this.
  5. jhe10

jhe10 Well-Known Member

True, although the end of the season wasn't our best spell. If you split the season into 5 (with 10 games for last 5th to get up to 46) then it looks like this (pts/g, equiv pts for 46, position over full season based on average previous champ seasons):
    1st 9 - 0.56 26 24
    2nd - 1.11 51 19
    3rd - 1.56 72 7
    4th - 0.89 41 23
    last 10 - 1.30 60 13
    SO best period was middle of season when Honeyman first came back, but the end of the season was mid-table form.

Des Head and Real ale tiger like this.
  6. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

We aren’t a top 6 side, it’s going to take a lot of work to make us a top 10 side. I’m glad the Allams have gone, but the one thing they actually did well, & can now benefit us, was running the club on a low budget. It’s obviously not a progressive or realistically not even a safe option, but it’s allowing us now to make moves without having to penny pinch all the time.
    I don’t pretend to know much about Acun, he talks a great game & is seemingly going about things in the right way, but we’ll have to see how that works out in the coming years. Same goes for Shota, I don’t know what to expect from him & the team, if he gets his players in & is able to get his tactics, then we should have a decent season.
    There’s a lot to work on, a lot of players to bring in & then get them to gel, I’m looking forward to everything & I’m actually quite optimistic, but I’m not going OTT until we are there or there abouts, even then, I won’t be shouting from the rooftops or trying to wind other teams fans up, I just don’t see the point. If we do have success over the next few years, I will be very happy though!

7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Huddlestone didn’t find out he was being released via Twitter, he was told at a meeting with Shota and Tan a week before.

8. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

Boy band?

rovertiger, GLP and tigers1970 like this.
  9. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

SydneyTiger14 said:
    Ally, Traore, Tetteh and Fernando?

10. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Acun Ilicali’s £30m message to West Ham and Tottenham over Keane Lewis-Potter's Hull City future
    Speculation is mounting over the future of Hull City's star man
    Hull City owner Acun Ilicali says he would turn down a bid of £30m for Keane Lewis-Potter in his quest to keep the 21-year-old at the MKM Stadium next season. Ilicali sees Lewis-Potter as the player to guide the Tigers back to the Premier League and is intent on keeping his star man, despite growing advances from the Premier League.

City will have a significantly increased budget in the Championship next season having been in the bottom three this term, and despite a flurry of new signings set to arrive ahead of the pre-season trip to Marbella in July, Ilicali views Lewis-Potter as central to his plans.

The Hull-born ace who also collected his first England Under-21 cap this season, is the subject of strong interest from West Ham, Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton, while Brentford saw bids turned down last summer and again in January. No formal bids have yet been put to the board at the MKM Stadium, but it's understood interest from Hammers boss David Moyes is genuine and contact has been made between the clubs.
    Ilicali, though, has offered Lewis-Potter a new long-term contract at his hometown club in a bid to fend off interest on significantly improved terms, and told the youngster that he is key to City's hopes of securing promotion next season.

"Keane is like god's gift to us," beamed the Turkish businessman. "He has extreme potential and of course, we've had big offers for him. If I put myself in Keane's position, I think it will be better for him to be in a team playing all of the games and show his talent in a team in his hometown. We are talking about some important things. He's important to the city, he's one of us. He has special feelings for this club, more than some of the players.

"His talent is incredible. He's going to be, I believe, one of the biggest stars in the future. For him, it's better to stay at Hull City. If I had any percentage of interest in making money, there cannot be any better deal than buying a football club and selling him. You could make enough money to pay for all the transfers.

"I have rejected all these offers. Even if they offered me £30m for him, this year I would not sell him because I think his presence is much more important than anything else at the moment.

"We are going to bring in very good players, we will make very good transfers but there is something you have to know. Keane has scored lots of goals and created so many chances in a team at the lower end of the table, so what I can say is think about him in a team that is fighting for the Premier League, with better players.

"I think it is going to be useful for him to stay, for him and for us and our fans. I will not lose him. In my whole life when I have something shining, I do everything to get it. In this case, he's already with us and nobody can take him from us."

Despite heavy interest, there has been no official offer according to vice-chairman Tan Kesler. "We have received official interest. There has been no official offer from anyone, I can say that. We turned down a significant offer in January."

From the Dull Daily this morning.

amberman8 likes this.

11. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

If we get offered £30m and don't take it then as a club we are pretty stupid

12. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

Ah but what he's really saying is that he'd turn down 30,000,000 but would accept 30,000,001.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

"What I can guarantee is that money will never be one of the major things. The deal is depending on the player understanding our project and believing in us and I'm happy that we are in a good place with four players at the moment. One of them is Traore. That is almost done and I can say that he is a very high-quality player playing for his national team in the Africa Cup of Nations.

"The others are in that level, too. I have had some personal conversations with three or four players because I'm very involved in critical conversations, I want to make the players believe in something so I have to be involved, and in some, Tan (Kesler - vice-chairman) has asked me to be involved whenever needed.

Brazilian midfielder Fernando Martins and Ghana striker Benjamin Tetteh are not among them.

rovertiger likes this.
  14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Fleming is being offered a new deal.

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Ingram is being offered a new deal.

16. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Good, a very underated keeper

17. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Preston want him as first choice, be interesting to see how that plays out.

18. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I'd imagine he'd be gone then as I can't see him being first choice here

19. Tigerboy98

Tigerboy98 Well-Known Member

Nice to see current and ex tigers on holiday together, swipe to the last the pic

AlRawdah likes this.
  20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Allahyar Sayyadmanesh will arrive back at Hull City to join in with the first of pre-season training on June 20, after Acun Ilicali confirmed the Iranian striker would be moving on a permanent deal from Turkish giants Fenerbahce.