1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer '22 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

There’ll be no shortage of suitors for him from League 1 or Scotland. If he does go this summer, Peterborough or Hibs would be the most likely.

Mckechnie Orange likes this.
  2. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

You'd think he'd have his pick of L1 or all but the top 2 of the SPL.

3. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Generally, Sheff Wed, Ipswich maybe Sunderland although after my nearby away day this weekend I hope they do it this season.

4. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Slater's passing is extremely underrated though. He can really pick a pass when he wants to but he doesn't lose the ball all that often. Most of his passing is fairly safe mind and he's definitely at his best in the holding role. I reckon if you stick him next to top box to box midfielder then he'll look incredible.

Doc's biggest issue is that he's just not technically good enough and sadly he never will be. That isn't going to change now. It's a similar situation to Smallwood, you can keep him around but he won't really play and will probably struggle to make the bench

5. Mckechnie Orange

At one point it looked feasible that Toon and TWS might come down and Mackems and the Wendies might come up.

That would be a mint season for aways, especially if Rovrum came up with them and Barnsley sent Reading down. .

6. Mckechnie Orange

Yet Smallwood and his ilk, no matter how much derided, always have a place in a successful side.

7. Shark Sports

I rather keep Smallwood than Doc, and that's never something I thought I'd be saying at the start of the season.

There's definitely a place for Richie

8. Mckechnie Orange

Think Doc gives too many fouls away when coming deep to be a holding mid.

9. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

What about Moncur? Discuss!

10. Mckechnie Orange

Future doesn't look bright, does it?

Has ability, but no consistency.

11. Shark Sports

He won't be short of L1 suitors. Suspect he could be a bit of a monster at that level.

He probably deserved more game time this year than he's got. Honeyman ahead of him at no.10 and KLP ahead of him on the left wing, which was meant to be his favoured position, means he just hasn't had a look in.

One of many who'll be heading out of the door

12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

This seems to be the consensus now, and he definitely has looked limited on the ball this year, but looking at his goals last season, he was incredible from around the edge of the box. The goal away at Oxford, high up volley on his weaker foot, was a sublime bit of technique and it wasn't exactly a one-off. So he clearly does have some ability but just hasn't been able to show it this season. Maybe it's to do with the pace of the game in this division, more pressing and less time on the ball, or maybe it's something else, but I definitely think there's a player in there.

13. Mckechnie Orange

I just don't think he gets the space he needs a level up. Defenders are quicker perhaps and he still needs that extra touch or yard. Think he's under more pressure on the ball in the championship where maybe he was the spare man more often in League1.

Maybe I'm being harsh on the lad. He deserves to stay I'm just not sure he'll be able to get regular game-time in a strengthened midfield, at least following the obligatory shambolic, early-round league cup exit away at a local minnow probably in August or September next season.

Think the lad might find more oportunity elsewhere. He might think his stock is currently higher than it might well be at the end of next season if he stays. That's all.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Docherty has been found out in this division, he is technically not good enough, something I think Gerrard saw when he agreed to let him go from Rangers.
    He has great energy, which is his redeeming feature, but at this level, having great energy is not enough. The fact that Slater, who is much better on the ball, has now overtaken him, I think Shota has also come to the same opinion as Gerrard.

tigers1970 and HebridesTiger like this.
  15. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I don’t personally think it’s feasible that Toon & TWS might come down. It’s unlikely, sadly, that either will, but possible one might I suppose. Both? Not a chance

Shame though

16. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Don't think The Mags can be relegated Den, as according to some around here, after their summer spend they're gonna be Premier League title contenders next season! <laugh>

dennisboothstash likes this.
  17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Posh director Barry Fry said: “Wilks is a player Grant has mentioned, but that’s as far as it’s gone as yet. Obviously Grant knows the player well, but whether or not he would want to drop into League One is another matter as is whether or not we could afford his wages.”'

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  18. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

And so it begins……….

The Compositor likes this.
  19. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Silly season started already, £150 million for Bowen!
    Liverpool, not spending silly money, linked, maybe that price for Newcastle.
    Or perhaps Barcelona & Real Madrid, both always skint, but still manages to sign players for a lot of money!
    My West Ham supporting mate says they’ve already turned down £70 million, but he also told me, they said they’d let Liverpool sign him for £30 million last year as he’s a Liverpool fan.
    Seems they might have changed their minds on that one!

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...od-bowen-amid-150m-transfer-claim-pundit/?amp

20. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Mate even if our sell on is only 10% that’s a massive income we’ve had for a player that cost us a £50k compensation fee from Hereford.