1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tips / Bets Summer transfer market 2017

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by The Ginger Marks, May 31, 2017.

1. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Dream? That figure would be a drop in the ocean given how many goals he'd get over 10 years.

In the next 10 years, United will probably do something like 7bn in revenue... we really don't need to 'dream on'.

The fact that he's almost completely unmarketable is probably deterring many clubs, Harry Kane won't shift merch, he's a goalscoring divkid.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sorry mate you don't get any points for nonsense posts <ok>

3. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

Far more marketable and a much better role-model than oap brass-chasing Rooney who has no problem slating all England fans for booing his **** performances. BTW, how many times has Rooney been been top scorer in the premier league?

4. So, Tel... when do you reckon the "goal-scoring div-kid" will be going to United?

5. Tel (they/them)

Prove it.

Nobody is talking about role models.

6. Tel (they/them)

I don't, I just don't think Levy's rumoured price tag would deter United if we wanted him.

7. yossarian

How about you prove that he isn't, smart-arse since you made the original claim

8. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hold on, are you saying that Kane is marketable?

9. yossarian

Top scorer in the division the last 2 seasons, captained England the last 2 games. Are you saying he isn't? If Rooney is then Kane has to be.

10. Libby

Libby 9-0

Why does he have to be?

He just doesn't have the appeal like other (worse) players.

11. Thing is @Tel ... div-kids tend to be very loyal to their mates.

We have a couple of div-kids at our school (I think we all probably did), and they used to follow my group around like a bad smell. You could throw stones at them, shove their heads down the bog and flush the chain, trick them into suffering Chinese-burns and pinched-and-twisted nipples, and still they'd hang around like a whipped pup. It didn't matter that there was another group of gentle tree-hugging types that wanted to adopt them, and would have loved them far better than my group - the div kids couldn't stop following us around. It was like there had been some kind of imprinting going on, you know the kind of thing that happens with baby chicks?

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that if (and it is a big IF) the Hurra-Kane is a div-kid (and I'm not the one saying he is), the chances of him leaving Spurs would be nigh on impossible, even if Poch and Levy were to throw stones at him, flush his head down the bog, give him Chinese-burns, and pinch-and-twist his nipples, etc.

12. Tel (they/them)

Prove that he isn't marketable or isn't as marketable as Rooney? Because you brought that bit up.

I should probably rephrase it to be fair, because he'll obviously have some commercial value, but nowhere near enough to commit £200m to.

Pogba's probably one of the most marketable sportsman on the planet at the minute.

Harry Kane doesn't offer that and he talks like an utter div, so his commercial value really is limited to him keeping his mouth closed.

13. Tel (they/them)

Ooooooooh-kay then!

Libby likes this.
  14. perla_laugh.jpg

15. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Kane isn't, at least, not yet. He's not done anything on the international or European stage yet. Rooney was banging them in when he was a teenager. Rooney dropped off dramatically but there was a point when he was the best young player in the world barring Ronaldo and Messi. English kids wanted Rooney shirts, I've never seen a young lad in a Harry Kane top outside of North London.

You might not think Rooney was marketable, but EA Sports and Nike (two of the biggest companies in the world) decided to have him as their number one for a good number of years.

It's not necessarily about being the better player either. More about charisma, looks and the way they play the game.

Dele Alli is marketable. You can imagine him being the face of a company like Nike or Adidas.

Libby and Tel (they/them) like this.
  16. yossarian

He has a lisp but he doesn't come out with stupid **** like some players. It's unfair to call him a div on the basis of a lisp. And just the fact that he's currently the top striker in the division means he's instantly marketable, just like Shearer, Berbatov, Suarez and other top scorers were/are.

17. yossarian

Never thought Rooney was anywhere near the top 3 young players in the world at that time. That was just the English media hyping him and many uninformed England supporters believing the hype.

18. Tel (they/them)

19. Is that because you think Kane is a div-kid?

20. yossarian

The football world is littered with great players that didn't win the biggest trophies. Just look at most of the Brazil '82 team or the Holland '74 team.