1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer Transfer Thread 21/22

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, May 2, 2021.

1. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Very very solid signing bringing much needed cover / competition for a key position.

Howden Tigress and GLP like this.
  2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Excellent, good to see some people with half a brain who do actually know something about him.

Excellent free kick taker, never got a proper run in the team, hence his lack of 90 minutes (though a few saying he's best as an impact sub and is unlikely to make more than twenty performances a season - which seems a little odd for a 27 year old). Certainly more positive comments than negative ones from the Luton fans.

3. Main Stand Block G

Main Stand Block G New Member

Luton Fan here.

fantastic signing! Moncur albeit didn’t play but he’s free kicks are a cut above for this level and I’m gutted he’s left. One of my favourite players. God knows why Jones never played him. Good around the dressing room too!

4. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Bobby Moncur would have been a better bet. In someone we trust?
    Give the lad a chance. For a least one game.

5. Main Stand Block G

You really wouldn’t. I can assure you

Tickton Tiger. and GLP like this.
  6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

<laugh> Why, who was it?

7. Main Stand Block G

Tunnicliffe. Utter garbage.

Moncur is a player that takes players on. Shoots on sight (hits the target more often than not too).

He will bite Jones back on the backside I would put money on it.

8. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Seems like just what we needed.

9. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Someone who bites backsides, would be better to go the whole hog and get Suarez.

amberman8 likes this.
  10. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I doubt many if any really know him
    A lot pretend they do

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Swindon-born Moncur began his career as a schoolboy at Tottenham before joining West Ham’s academy in 2009, following in the footsteps of his father, John, who played for both clubs.

The midfielder signed his first professional deal with the Hammers in 2010 and featured regularly for their development squad, earning two caps for England at youth level.

His first experience of senior football came as an 18-year-old on loan at AFC Wimbledon, helping the Dons to a 2-1 victory at Port Vale on his first-team debut in January 2012.

He made 20 appearances for the Wombles, scoring his first professional goal in a 4-0 battering of Burton and notching another in a 2-0 win over Torquay.

Returning to the Boleyn Ground for 2012/13, he made the first of two West Ham appearances in a 2-0 EFL Cup win over Crewe and was named Young Hammer of the Year.

After a loan spell with Scottish side Partick Thistle, where he scored once in two outings, he completed another temporary switch to League One Colchester in 2014/15.

It was in Essex that he really began to showcase his talent, making the perfect first impression with a debut goal that rescued a 2-2 opening-day draw with Oldham.

He quickly became an important figure and the U’s clearly liked what they saw as the move was made permanent in November 2014.

A shining light in a season of struggle, Moncur scored the goal that preserved Colchester’s third-tier status in a 1-0 final-day victory over Preston, his ninth strike of the campaign.

Unfortunately, it proved only a stay of execution as the U’s slipped through the relegation trapdoor the following season, although Moncur’s individual displays again gained plenty of plaudits.

Featuring in all but one of their 46 league fixtures, he topped the club’s goalscoring charts with 14 goals in all competitions – 12 in the league.

That convinced Barnsley to pay £500,000 for his signature and he spent the first half of the 2016/17 season on loan at Grant McCann’s Peterborough, plundering three goals in 15 matches.

Moncur broke into the Tykes team upon his January return and was a regular fixture in 2017/18, a season which ended in relegation back to League One.

There was no such disappointment 12 months later as a remarkable 2018/19 season ended in double delight.

After making 21 league appearances for the Reds, Moncur left for Luton in January and scored six goals in 14 matches as the Hatters were crowned League One champions.

He scored twice in a 3-1 title-clinching win over Oxford as Town secured top spot ahead of Barnsley, who finished runners-up, earning Moncur two promotions from the same division in the same season.

He played his part as Luton pulled off an impressive escape from relegation in 2019/20 and helped Town finish a creditable 12thlast term, racking up 37 Championship appearances across two seasons.

12. Howdentiger2

But the ones who do, understand exactly why we have signed him

Tickton Tiger. and Steven Toast like this.
  13. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Decent is Moncur. Whose leaving? The Doc?

14. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Had to do a triple take then, I though he was holding up our shirt...!!!!

15. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

Thanks Main Stand, encouraging, sounds great, what’s not to like.....socks starting to twitch, if I wore them, (not usually a sock wearing type of girl.)

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  16. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I think you know I didn’t mean you
    But anyway
    If you’re saying you do
    How many times in the last season have you seen him play in the flesh?

17. Howdentiger2

Haha I know you didn't :)

Honestly myself in the flesh, once...but since he was first mentioned I've spoken to people i trust and they have sent me over scouting reports etc and everything on those is positive bar a couple of things like "head drops when loses possession" but nothing that can't be fixed. I think he'll be good for us.

18. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

Cheers for that <ok>

19. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Son of John, ex West Ham midfielder. Decent player from memory. If George is as good, then we’ve got a decent player.

20. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Having not seen or heard of him I'll make any judgements after seeing the lad play.. I've fallen foul of getting too excited by you tube clips in the past although it does emphasise what our guest is saying in that he does seem.to be able to take a free kick. I'm reminded of how the Mackems slated Gorgeous Goerge when he came here and look at what a gem he has turned into.