1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer Transfer Thread 21/22

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, May 2, 2021.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I arent arsed
    Seemed to be a stumpy little ****er

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

What Ehab actually said was - ‘If we can have a wage budget which is roughly mid-table, we can maintain finishing five or six places above that it gives us a chance of finishing in the top six’.

Our wage budget was bottom six last time we were in the Championship and will be bottom six next season.

Attendances, wage bills, he just makes it all up as he goes along, the real numbers are a matter of public record and are a couple of mouse clicks away.

Kempton and Gone For A Walk like this.
  3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Maybe Eaves can become the next Keiffer Moore. He’s impressed me so far for Wales at the Euros. He’s been around the lower leagues and something has just clicked.

4. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

It's almost like some sort of weird de Vinci Code type game. The slimey toad just lets all sorts of ****e just roll of his tongue when he allows himself to be interviewed. From this thread, we've got loads on here scrambling to make sense of his every word. He's probably sat tonight with his Polo mates ****ing laughing at us.

5. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

It seems people are arguing for and against different things. SS, Howden and myself understood the comment to relate to incomings, and that we would be roughly mid-table when it came to competing for incoming signings. GFAW and yourself seemed to understand that as well with the comments about Burke/Long/Marriott, but now the conversation has become about our overall wage bill, which everyone is agreeing is down the bottom of the Championship, as is natural for a promoted club.

6. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

That's a fair summary.

Anyway, I think we need 6 more. A keeper, 2 defenders, a midfielder, a winger and a striker. We can maybe get away with 5, and only getting 1 defender but it's a risk and the backup on that left side looks questionable at this level.

7. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

We need two for every position.
    One goalie, backup
    One central defender (right sided, backup
    One holding midfielder... first choice (maybe Slater?)
    One more wide player (he likes to rotate his wide forwards)
    Another different striker, but Wilkes, KLP can play that role if we gave cover out wide.

8. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I think we’re set for wingers. Wilks, KLP, Moncur, Williams, Mayer and Scott seems enough to me. Williams/Moncur have already filled the gap left by Whyte. If Scott goes out on loan, maybe get another kid on loan. You want to have adequate cover but you don’t need a squad with too many players in the same position not getting games. I’d rather focus our immediate attention on another goalie, holding midfielder, another centre-half and a striker.

9. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

You can never have enough wingers….

Gone For A Walk and Howdentiger2 like this.
  10. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

If we can finish around 15th I’ll be happy.
    It’s the best we can hope for though we do have momentum so a higher finisher wouldn’t surprise me.

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Howden quite clearly stated that Ehab wasn't lying, that we would have a mid table wage bill and accused those of us disputing this as having an agenda.

At least we all now agree that isn't the case. <ok>

12. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Syd, you say "SS, Howden and myself understood the comment to relate to incomings, and that we would be roughly mid-table when it came to competing for incoming signings. GFAW and yourself seemed to understand that as well"

No Syd, that's not true at all. LM and myself understood from the start that Ehab clearly stated and was talking about our wage budget, nothing to do with some budget for incomings (what he said on that was that there was no money for transfer fees)! In fact HT2 did appear to initially understand Ehab was talking about the wage budget (see first quote below). The 3 of you made your own incorrect interpretations of what Ehab was saying, even inventing some 3 mini-league concept along the way!

Here's a reminder of what HT2 has been saying:
    -> "We have a midtable budget in terms of playing budget just as ehab said ( he hasn't lied )"
    -> I base my opinions on the conversations I have and the evidence I see and I hope people on here know that I'll will always call it exactly as I see it.
    -> it just shows your incapable of accepting views and opinions that don't Aline with your own.
    -> Just ignore them, they really don't grasp or understand it...they just latch on to anything they can spin to their view. People like that are incapable of listening to or understanding different views to theirs. It's their view and opinion or nothing. It's actually quite sad and narrow minded

Yeah, thanks for that HT2! All we've done all along is state what Ehab repeatedly and clearly actually said. .

Why's all this important? Well, in the grand scheme of things in life it isn't, but on here it matters because it just shows once again what a lying bull ****ter Ehab is (or at best how he makes it up as he goes along) and because unfortunately some people go along with it time after time.

I'm not angry, annoyed or whatever, I just get frustrated when people don't bother to listen or read what is actually said (by Ehab or by posters) and then invent and spread incorrect interpretations and responses.

13. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Mini leagues within the league have always been there and always will be, I never invented then, all I said was mid table isn't one specific place, you could be top or bottom of the mid Table pack and still be mid table, just the same as if you say your going to be top 6, it could be any if those 6 places and seen as you mention 3 mini leagues, how many times have you heard managers at the bottom of the league's fighting the drop talking about winning their mini league at the bottom...

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  14. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

****ing hell this is the ****test arguement ever.
    Cant it be moved onto its own thread

15. Howdentiger2

We the amount of those arguments that are had on here...let's make a **** argument sticky

16. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Hopefully, it's finished.

18. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

So basically we have a budget that puts us somewhere between 9th and 16th.

19. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

But we're planning on punching above our weight and finishing 5 places higher than that.

20. Howdentiger2

5 places above 9th... I'd take that now haha