1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer transfer window

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Quite Possibly Raving, May 31, 2020.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I don't think Warburton liked his football, so I doubt he'll be back while he is Manager.

2. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Anyone know if we are allowed to pick up free agents before the window opens?

Caught that Connolly has been released by Cardiff and got more wondering if we'd be interested in signing any experienced CB [not necessarily him] on a 14 month deal, covering the rest of this season and next year.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  3. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Can you not sign free agents at any time?

4. Quite Possibly Raving

Not sure - that's what I was asking!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

6. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Just checked and subject to some restrictions - yes

7. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Cork City hoping to keep QPR’s Dalling on loan
    By West London Sport 27/06/2020

Cork City are hoping to agree an extension to QPR youngster Deshane Dalling’s loan deal, The Echo reports.

Dalling, 21, joined the League of Ireland side in February after West London Sport had revealed he was set to move there on loan.

The Irish season was paused because of the coronavirus pandemic and is due to resume on 31 July.

And Cork’s newspaper say manager Neale Fenn is looking to have Dalling back for his side’s home game against Bohemians.

The winger was signed by QPR in 2017 following a trial after after he was released by Huddersfield, who signed him from non-League Staines Town.

Dalling made his debut for the R’s in January when he came on as a late substitute against Swansea in the FA Cup – his only first-team appearance so far.

8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Palace favourites to sign Eze according to the Mail, we are 'resigned' to losing him they say. Let's hope one or two others start a bidding war otherwise we'll probably get shafted...

9. Quite Possibly Raving

Ranger4ever likes this.
  10. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

I quite liked the BFG, I don't know what the fallout with Warburton was about.

Funny though the article mentions Leistner in the same piece as Beckenbauer <laugh>

Quite Possibly Raving likes this.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Apparently Seb Polter, aka the original BFG, is yet to sign a new contract with Union Berlin, which is odd as their place in the Bundesliga seems safe. I’d have him back, for attitude alone, if free.

Ranger4ever likes this.
  12. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I think I read that BFG was the only one in the Union team that refused to take a paycut during the Covid crisis. All the other member of his team took a 10-20% pay cut that was used to pay ground staff etc. He refused and was sanctioned and told he would not play for the club again

"On 28 May 2020, Union Berlin president Dirk Zingler announced in a statement that Polter would not play for the club until the end of his contract in June, stating that Polter was the only member of the club that did not "stand up for each other and for our club."

So, knowing no more about it than I have written, and that there may be facts unknown........maybe he is not such a good egg afterall

kiwiqpr and sb_73 like this.
  13. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Sfefan Schwab rapid Vienna midfielder linked with us & Bristol City, free transfer & box to box midfielder

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, and that attitude is certainly against the ethos of a club like Union.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  15. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I think they’d already indicated they weren’t keeping him on so he chose not to take the pay cut which is fair enough for a club he wasn’t going to be with in a few months and with nothing lined up.

kiwiqpr and StortfordQPR like this.
  16. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

How many of ours took a pay cut to help out

17. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

He's not in their side having been unceremoniously dropped the way Championship sides discard the players who got them up in order to get shiny new second hand players wiv rep ie they played for England 10 years ago, Real Madrid's C team making the occasional sub appearance in La Liga or were expensive purchase form the sides who went down because they are foreign , looked good on paper and managed to negotiate exorbitant terms. I like to think of them as your commonal garden Leroy Fers.

Every decent pro they had who they release eventually buys them 2 week salary for the replacement player and an equivalent bung for the manager who looks on them as the boys who never let him down.

So, fingers crossed I'd have him back in a shot too but somehow I doubt his football is Warbles' cup of tea .

He doesn't even make the subs bench these days. I've been following the fortunes of Union this season , largely because they relegated VFB Stuttgart the boy's local Bundesliga side. They managed to scrape back up automatically and didn't really come to life until the run in when they won 6-0 away and 5-1 at home. If someone could handicap Bayern it would actually be quite a competitive league as almost every other side can beat one of the others on their day

kiwiqpr and sb_73 like this.
  18. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

2 BFGs in one team. There'd be no stopping us. Next year we'd all be millionaires

Uber_Hoop, kiwiqpr and Ranger4ever like this.
  19. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

Let's have them both back as a solid defensive pairing, especially now that Hall has moved on. Wages permitting of course.

We do after all have a very leaky defence.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    kiwiqpr likes this.
  20. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

We need new blood at the heart of our defence. But we also need a leader. You only have to look at the likes of Derry or Hill who Pulled our defensive line together. We haven’t had that stoic back line for some time now. There should be opportunities out there to blend in with what we have, and want to keep, right now. Whatever happens it definitely has to be improved for next season.