1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer transfer window

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Quite Possibly Raving, May 31, 2020.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I haven't seen it written down either. Someone said it on a QPR WhatsApp group that I'm on, hence the 'apparently' at the front of the post.

2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I've just found this. I don't who Sean Gallagher is, but it says he works for TalkSport in his bio.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  3. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

ahh ok, there seems to be a lot of hear-say regarding the circumstances of Manning's contract/move.

He seems to be made out to be public enemy number one because he couldn't agree a new contract with the club. I read on social media that Wallace was on more money than Manning. That is only hear-say so not too sure if it's true or not. Considering Manning kept Wallace out of the team all last season, if true, Manning would be entitled to ask how we pay more to somebody sitting in the stands.

He came to us as a young lad for little or nothing from Galway United 5/6 years ago. We developed him as a player and sold him on for a profit. I haven't seen any evidence that he said he doesn't want to play for the club or that he had outgrown the club. I am prepared to believe he may have said those things if people can produce some evidence of same.

Why can't people just say, he left for another club and wish him all the best like most of us did with Eze and BOS - as and when he leaves and various other players who left our club. The comments on here arn't so bad but some of the stuff I have read on social media are pure nasty and to my mind, reflects badly on us as supporters of this club. Players will come and go for different reasons. The ambition of all humans from a work point of view is to improve their economic situation so they can give their families the best they can.

Like all players who left us, I wish Manning all the best in his future career. I have no reason to believe he done any wrong to us as a club.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  4. finglasqpr

OK thanks 999's.

I don't know who Sean Gallagher is either.

5. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

He's been pretty spot on with all the ITK stuff around the club for the last 12-18 months, including incoming and outgoing transfers, so must be close to someone on the inside...

kiwiqpr, QPR Oslo and QPR999 like this.
  6. finglasqpr

In other words, what he says is hear-say and may be the truth and maybe it isn't and just his perception.

if Warburton or Manning said those words, I would believe that it is probably close to the truth.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

You get very defensive with the Irish lads, don’t you Fingy? :emoticon-0103-cool:

For the record he’s gone now I don’t care if he was a saint or a ****er.

rangercol likes this.
  8. finglasqpr

It has nothing got to do with his nationality Stan. He has done nothing wrong to QPR that I can see and I don't see a reason why people are being so nasty towards him. As I said, it is not so bad on here but it is quite bad on social media. If I see concrete evidence that he has said the things some people think he has said, I will join the anti-Manning brigade. I never judge our players based on their nationality.

9. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

Finglas you are a much more experienced gentleman on this website than me, you must know how some react. As far as I'm concerned as long as Ryan does not slag QPR off, then good luck to him.

Stroller and finglasqpr like this.
  10. finglasqpr

Fair play to you Nigsy.

You have restored my faith in QPR fans.

I will join the anti brigade, if I see anything concrete in terms of him slagging us off. For the moment, I haven't seen anything that isn't hear say and I am prepared to keep an open mind and wish him well.

Thanks for your input.

NigsyHoops likes this.

11. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

Manning either got limited chances or was played out of position.
    I’d go if I was him

Flanman likes this.
  12. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Think we had a very good transfer window.....brought in mostly young players that can be developed and Albert to mentor as he's one of our own, so a real no brainer....

Money received for both Ebs and Ryan.....no loanees so real progress....les, Warbles and Hoos have done well....

13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I was pulling your leg mate. I only see the comments on here as I don’t do any other social media, so it’s easy to ignore idiots. I won’t be joining a pro or anti Manning brigade.

Good result today though and we looked good on the left......

kiwiqpr and finglasqpr like this.
  14. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

No strong opinion either way on Manning but Sean Gallagher is a decent journalist who has got almost everything else he has said on QPR right in the last 18 months.

He's the journo who set up and conducted the in depth interview Sir Les did with Talksport too, which might well be connected with the above. Think it was Talksport Sir Les also spoke too re racism in football recently too?

Steelmonkey likes this.
  15. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

This is what Warburton said, quoted in West London Sport:

“He is a very talented boy and we absolutely we wish him all the best with his future career with Swansea,” Warburton said.

“He had a very good season for us last year. But from our point of view, if you make an offer and someone wants to sign then great. But if they don’t then we just have to move on.

“QPR can’t be a club that sees players walk out of the door at the end of their contract for nothing.

“What we have to do is be strong about it and have some short-term pain for long-term gain.

“We have to show where we stand. It’s not about a staff member it’s about a club and we have to be very strong about that.

“I wish Ryan all the best but I only want players to be here who want to contribute to the team performance.”

Says everything.

Personally I believe that the lack of sheep in W12 made all the difference. Goodbye Ryan, see ewe around.

Steelmonkey and QPR999 like this.
  16. finglasqpr

I read that article. It doesn't tell us anything we don't know already. The article does not mention Manning saying he didn't want to play for the club again. There is also no reference to him claiming that he had outgrown the club.

Based on your references to sheep, are you unhappy he had the audacity to go sign for a Welsh club? If that what all the vitriol is about? Jesus wept.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  17. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Not too sure about the vitriol as I don’t tend to read much else than what goes on here to be honest.

Did hear a rumour put out and about that Manning was upset about Wallace being paid more than him though Fin :emoticon-0105-wink:

In fairness the club has been fairly low key about Mannings attitude at training; and seem to have kept things professional. Manning has the right to move on if that’s what he feels, so we just have to get on with it. It’s happened in the past and will happen again. A few months and a win over Swans and we’ll all have moved on and only caring/worrying about our own team.
    That’s football!

18. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

I just wonder whether now that Manning has gone, we have the funds to go after the youngster that Villa released or one or two of the other frees we were linked with?

19. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

We've signed another striker! Mampala, 20, free agent having been released by Everton, who goes into our U23s from their U23s having not made a first team appearance there.

One for the future, but perhaps the final nail in the coffin for Oteh?

20. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Really odd we’ve not given Oteh away frankly unless he’s on too good a wage for a lower league club to take him off us for good.

Anyway, Mampala my lord, Mampala.