1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer window thread

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Tel (they/them), Mar 30, 2021.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It’ll be an interesting summer tbh, as we’re off the back of a full year of no matchday revenue and the reduction in commercial income that came with it.

Your year end is June, and you blew about £23m in the year ending June 2020, but if you look at the detail your revenues were £50m down yr in yr in the last 3 months of that year due to COVID, which meant a blow of £39m in those 3 months alone. So I doubt the current years accounts are pretty tbh.

The same of course will apply to all of the clubs of a similar ilk.

2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Yeah but we had CL qualification and that means Adidas paid us more as well. Nobody is immune to the pandemic like, but we won’t be scrimping, especially if the R value stays down and we can predict fans coming back.

That Lukaku money will possibly cripple Inter, if they’re already missing payments then it could tip them over the edge, I’d happily take Lautaro off them as a makeweight.

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Inter are currently ****ed. Their major Chinese stakeholder is also ****ed and desperately need out, only they’re asking way too much for their stake, but that’s likely to change imo, as it’ll have to, or their investment could end up being worth literally **** all.

Barca are completely crippled by debt, Madrid are brassic, as are Juve. Interesting times ahead.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Who'd have thought that giving Aaron Ramsey £400k pw would lead to financial problems? Shocker.

Dier Hard, BobbyD, Libby and 3 others like this.
  5. Tel (they/them)

Barca and Real Madrid will end up getting bailed out by the government due to their ‘Tourism’ influence on Spain. Messi to sign a new contract on £7m a day shortly after.

Sucky and pieguts like this.
  6. Tel (they/them)

Be interesting to see who’d take our penalties if we did actually sign Harry Kane.

7. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Lots of talk about Haaland but he was absolutely gash for Norway in the World Cup qualifiers.

He was sat deep in Montenegro and Turkeys back pockets.

8. Tel (they/them)

He must be ****e then, best tell him all the goals against Bayern, Leipzig, PSG etc don’t count.

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The lad is a goal machine, but he needs feeding, that’s it really.

I find the links with City interesting, as from what I’ve seen of him he isn’t a Pep type player, I don’t see him doing the hard yards closing down CB’s an leading the high press from the front. Could Pep bring that to his game? Possibly, but in doing so could he detract from his prime strength? Equally possible.

Personally I think he’s a player that should be told to play within the width of the box and to spend his time hanging off the shoulder of the CB’s, no more, no less.

10. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

That next level of striker nowadays is the one who can and will drop back and start off attacks as well as getting on the end of the crosses too.

we talk about Lewandowski/Kane as being the best strikers in world football and both have that in their locker. I’ve seen Haaland running from deep in some counter attacks for Dortmund and then getting to the end of them in the box.

That’s why strikers like lukaku who get the numbers on an individual level but dont contribute much to collective team work are not so sought after by the very best and probably why he was booted out of United even though he was still scoring his fair share.

BobbyD likes this.

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Lukaku's goal tally against the better teams and better nations is rather telling tbf ... Haaland, Lewandowski, Kane and even our own Jamie Vardy are way more impressive in that context <cheers>

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It’s a myth that Lukaku doesn’t contribute anything barring goals.

In his time with us he scored 87 goals in 166 appearances but also provided 29 assists.

For context, Kane has provided 46 assists for Spurs in double the number of appearances.

13. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Turkey doing great tbf

14. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah he’s got a frightening level of speed and acceleration for a big guy.

15. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Caglar Soyuncu kept him well subdued the other night.. then popped up the other end to notch one himself ... but then again, Cags is rather good <whistle>

* tempts fate before Citeh on Saturday <laugh>

16. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Harland will go to Barca, they will overpay.

City must have someone lined up to replace Aguero, I can’t see Jesus being the one, so could they have tapped up Kane already.

But If City haven’t got a replacement then it wont be a straight fight between them and United for Kane.
    Chelsea need a new striker as Werner is utter ****e, and Liverpool will need to replace Salah who will go to Real Madrid. Both could also go in for Kane.

so the winners will be Levy and Spurs - can’t wait to see who they spunk their windfall on :)

17. Tel (they/them)

That’s a lot of predictions bro.

18. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Nike are paying for Mbappe
    As a sorry for the **** shirts theyve given us so far<laugh>

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Barca haven’t got a pot to piss in mate. They’re around £1BN in debt, they’re not overpaying for anyone for a long while.

The RS aren’t paying a huge fee for Kane given his age, and they’re skint anyway btw.

I can see Kane at United or City though, it just depends whether either are prepared to pay the money Levy will want, and I somehow doubt it, unless Kane chucks his teddy and down tools, which would be out of character, but it might be the only way he gets out of there give he’s still under contract until 2024.

If I was putting money on it, I’d say if Harland moves this summer it’ll only be to City, but he could well do another year at Dortmund and there’ll be a host of clubs who could and would pay his release fee the following summer. Kane will stay at Spurs and be bitter.

20. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Salah has taken his time going to Madrid tbh.

He signed for them bout 3years ago innit<whistle>