1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Sunday 12th. September 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Still Standing was not going to win any way or even to be placed but I hope that JM Sheridan to be punished very harshly.

2. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

Well picked out Grendel, looks as if the form is solid and that Native Trail goes top of the 7f league. From the family of Dewhurst winner Distant Music he'll be best suited by 7-8f you'd think.

Grendel likes this.
  3. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Thanks, I have been with the colt since his debut. I saw something in him that looked a bit special and decided to trust my instinct.

He owes me nothing now and has paid for his bets along the way. I have him at 7/1 for the Dewhurst and 40/1 for the 2000 Guineas. No doubt he will be cursed by my money and pick up a career ending injury or something, but as it stands he is the one to beat now and if landing the Dewhurst he will go into the winter as no bigger than 3/1 Fav for the first classic.

I had to wince at Point Lonsdale left at 10/1 Fav for the Derby. If anything, he looked like he was outstayed today and Native Trail blew him away in the final furlong. Hard to see Point Lonsdale crying out for 12F

My other selection in Ireland was a flop. Homeless Songs held today's runner up Agartha on their previous meeting and would have won had she confirmed the form but it was Discoveries, a former two time selection of mine, who turned form around with Agartha to win today. There was nothing there to get one concerned that Inspiral isn't the top 2YO filly at 7F to 1M this season.

My other bet today was Ancient Times and I thought he was going to win but was reeled in and caught in the last few strides to be beaten a neck. A cracking effort but not quite. Sure to be raised into the low 80s now, life will be tougher for the gelding.

Snowfall was poor today. Teona got off the mark for the season last time but looked well held on form. For me, Snowfall won the worst Oaks I can remember and I never warmed to her as value for the Arc, I was never of a mind that Joan Of Arc would stay the Oaks trip and she was pathetic today.

This is the least number of ante-post bets for the Classics I have had at this stage of the season. I have Native Trail at 40/1 for the 2000 Guineas and Inspiral at 16/1 and 12/1 for the 1000 Guineas. It seems sure that one or both will meet with a setback and miss the races but we live in hope.