1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunday 23rd March Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by SaveTheHumans, Mar 22, 2014.

1. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

That's Plenty 16/1 has a great chance in this tomorrow, is fairly progressive and will be suited by conditions in the Curragh 4:40 Irish Lincolnshire. Writing this off the phone so short and sweet but a good run is expected and i am backing each way such is the competitiveness of the race so good luck all have a good day.

2. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

Market Rasen bumper
    The Grey Taylor

Curragh
    2.10 Alertness

Tommy Stack always seems to do well at the start of the Irish season so might do some kind of small combination on his runners.

3. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

The Curragh is here, at last.

Split my double, Great Minds 4/1 and Srucahan 9/2, hopefully one going on to Wannabe Better 3/1.

All about Belisarius in the last, hopefully get a decent price and hopefully he pays a compliment to Ebasani.

4. SaveTheHumans

Can't see Belisarius being much of a price especially with Joey throwing his leg over, open about 5/4 maybe?

5. As We Know

He will be pretty short im sure, hopefully odds against tho with the Hamdan horse first time out.

6. As We Know

Thats 4 hopefully's <laugh>

have to be hopeful, the flat is back!

7. SaveTheHumans

5/4 may not be bad the more I look at it actually. Anyway hope you get what ya want and it win's. I read Welds yard are well forward this year, be interesting to see how they fire.

Didn't you mention Coto during the week too? Alertness should be spot on but one to take on perhaps at what will probably be skinny odds for a race of it's nature.

8. As We Know

Might be some money around for Alkasser in the last then if you are right about Welds, he sounds like a decent flat horse as well, always helps!

Yeah, Coto is the first runner for Fast Company who I really liked as a 2yo, actually got the forecast that day in the Dewhurst with New Approach, Ravens Pass and Rio De La Plata in behind!

Shes bred to be pretty sharp but I wont be backing her, just interested to see how Fast Company gets on, would not be at all surprised if he has a few smart 2yos this season but this filly was bought for 8k and she is unlikely to be one of them.

I'll be leaving the first race well alone, Bolgers is the obvious one but will be priced accordingly and who knows whats in the race. Betting will reveal more im sure, Dancing Zafeen would be interesting if there was some money for that, Deegans are normally fit enough early in the season and it wouldnt surprise me if he ran one of his half decent ones. The only two you could think about ruling out before seeing the betting would be Primo Uomo and the Bolger second string.

9. stick

stick Bumper King

Do you have the word on that bumper Bobster? Only Hendo's looked a bit of a wheelbarrow job in that!

Backed one so far tomorrow. Took 25-1 on GALLEY SLAVE in the M Ras 2:30

I had a couple of winners today, purely stabs in the dark but have put some of the winnings on the Lincoln next weekend. Bet 365 are alone in going 33-1 on last years runner up GLOBAL VILLAGE and it looks just a tad too tempting!

10. As We Know

What ground are we expecting for the Lincoln? I want soft for Tinghir, backed him at 20s, needs a few to come out but I think he will scrape in at the bottom. Group horse in a handicap :D

11. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

The word is they like the horse. With 9 runners they think it's an each way bet.

Personally, take Thomas Brown out of the race Hendo's ran in on debut and you are looking at a very average bunch of performers. But the winner has just won again today so it might have been a better run than I give it credit for. At roughly evens I would be looking to take it on.

12. DonegalDave

DonegalDave Member

thank christ for the curragh being back ! bring on the winners !

13. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

I think Theoystercatcher is a fascinating runner tomorrow in the 3.25 Downpatrick.

Having his first outing for Pat Fahy,since being transferred from the UK,he races off a mere 82 with an inform young claimer taking off another 7lb.

Only last August he was a 7l third to Dreamsoftheatre off a mark of 93 at Stratford.That winner has recently won off 117 and whilst not taking this too literally,it shows he could be potentially well in.

The same owner switched Thelobstercatcher to Fahy and he has won a couple of races and ran right up to his previous UK mark.Theoystercather has had only 12 runs and is surely open to some improvement.

The ground is drying out and should be fine but the trip could be an issue on a sharp track like DP and of course impossible to tell how ready he will be.

No prices up for this and absolutely no idea if I'll back him...this could well be just a sighter for another day and the market will reveal all.

I'll be keeping an eye on him over the next couple of runs.

14. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Castle morris king looks huge at 25s ew

15. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Wyoyo @ 9/2 (GP)
    14:15 NOVICES HURDLE 2m

Sunsetstorise @ 4/1 (GP)
    14:25 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 2f 50yds

Broughtons Warrior @ 7/1 (GP)
    14:00 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 1f

Galley Slave @ 12/1 (GP)
    14:30 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 5f

small acca and ew lucky

16. As We Know

9/4 Belisarius

Slightly off putting, would have been happy with 6/4.

Could be a stroke with the daughter going on here, still, I shall take the plunge, too big not to.

Notice there has been some money around for Dancing Zafeen, looking forward to the first now.

17. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

17:00 Market Rasen - Its A Sting e/w

(Ran a fair race LTO in a Fibresand bumper at Southwell in February, running wide all of the way and staying-on pretty well to be second to the easy winner. Remains to be seen how he'll do on the turf in good ground. Each-way best at the 14/1 currently available in three places (12/1 generally on offer) as the favourite looks tough to beat on all known form?).

18. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Ah that time of the year already, I always keep an eye on tommy stacks runners at the start of the irish flat season

19. stick

stick Bumper King

I have looked at the Curragh card! Well, if you cant beat em...........
    I see Bolger is bidding to win the opening race for the fourth year running. He has the favourite in ALERTNESS who has a nice pedigree but is one that you would think will be better over further. The one with the speediest pedigree to my eye is the top one, BWANA, although there really isn't much love for it in the market. I am tempted to have a little fun each way!

20. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Ive took the 10s ew stickler

fingers crossed