1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland V Liverpool Premier League

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Dec 29, 2016.

?

What Will Occur

Poll closed Jan 2, 2017.
  1. Liverpool Win

73.3%
  2. Draw

20.0%
  3. Sunderland win

6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

perfect sum up really

2. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah we were very very sloppy and gvae them the ball under no pressure CONSTANTLY. that helped them no end and won't be shown on a highlight show.

but they took their encouragement and got their breaks.

3. Solid_Air 2

Thought Mignolet had a really good game yesterday which due to the result will get rather missed in the after match hysteria.

organic red likes this.
  4. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

He was excellent, did everything that was asked of him. Little chance with the pens. although he was close to the first

5. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

He was brilliant add to the skill he pulled off to mug aguero it just goes to show what competition can do to a squad.

My hope is Karius learns and sees how Minger reacted to being dropped and not sulk

6. Solid_Air 2

i actually thought that Mignolet was playing better than in previous years prior to being dropped as he had clearly been working on trying to command the box better. Lets hope as you say that Karius follows suit & improves as well

7. Solid_Air 2

oh god yes
    i thought for a second that he was going to get it

8. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

I agree. He's not done much wrong this season and was unlucky to lose his place to Karius. Keepers are funny animals....many mature late. Let's hope migs is going to continue to improve <ok>

9. moreinjuredthanowen

spur pair or pens though in fairness to defoe. that first attempt was as good as any keeper could do for a perfect pen. the second he just gues hoping the guy would change.

10. Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul Well-Known Member

Can has regressed so much. He's not good enough or disciplined enough to be a CDM and as an CM he's just average.

Bench player at best now and easily replaceable.

Next season i feel we should sell Can, Get a quality CM and drop Wjnaldum to bench with that lanky bloke who plays CM there too.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.

11. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

So did I!! <yikes> from my perspective as a SAFC fan!! How he got that far over I have no idea as it almost hit the post.

Good keeper is Mignolet mind. Better than that other plank you lot signed!

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  12. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

15 minutes? did we really turn up for that long!

13. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

You've just destroyed Jimmy there with that comment..
    But I can't agree with you more!
    The pace we want to play at, he slows it down more often than not.
    He's not good enough for DMF role and more importantly disciplined enough to play that role!
    Right now, if all are fit, then middle 3 are Hendo, Lallana and Gini.. good option to come from the bench!
    He need's a kick up the arse and hopefully Klopp will/is having a word with him!

14. Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul Well-Known Member

He doesn't have the stamina to sustain what Klopp wants. Same with Sturridge.

Look at the whole team, he keeps Firmino in for the whole 90 even if hes playing poor because Klopp knows he will run his socks off. Mane/ Origi/Lallana/Hendo/Wjanldum all the same.

It's good to have another option to the team but Can really brings nothing to improve it, same with Lucas atm.

15. JonnyBaws

Lucas will most likely play his last game for us against Plymouth, get a send off, assuming Inter up their offer..
    To be fair to Can, he's still young, coming off an injury as well, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but..
    Even if you don't have the energy to get up and down the pitch, at least have the bloody game intelligence of sitting IN FRONT of the back four when there's only a few minutes left to play! Individual errors continue to cost us points and Klopp needs to get these lot to focus for longer and cut them out or get players in that can do the job (Lucas too, should know better!)

Still on the positive side, our best XI is still made up of players that Klopp didn't buy, he's only really added Gini, Mane and Matip.
    Over the next 2 Windows, you'd think Klopp will continue to get the players he wants that can play his system better..
    Going for the Title this year would, IMHO be well ahead of schedule given the quality of our squad compared to the others..
    We''re not at the stage in our squad where we have 2 good players for each position!

16. moreinjuredthanowen

the injury was months ago and he looks unfit and over weight to me.

17. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

Planning to have a schedule for the title is really no longer a viable proposition. Leicester have proved that.

When you have 3-4 key decent players all playing at the top of their game and every player contributing to the team in the right system and the team is greater than the sum of its parts then we will have a title winning team. I am not saying that we won't this season but planning does not work. If it's your year it is your year <whistle>

18. JonnyBaws

Was trying to give him the benefit of any doubt..

19. JonnyBaws

Leicester were the exception, not the norm.. But agree, if you have nucleus of quality players and the others can add to that, then the team indeed can be greater than the sum of its parts, but, the norm, especially for a new manager in a new league is to build up a squad that can do what they want and at the same time be effective in the league, Pep being an example, he knows how he wants to play but doesn't have the squad to play that way and therefore needs to adapt it slightly to work in this league, he'll get it right but I also think Klopp will get there too, Cont'e is doing a great job but he had the basis of a team that won the league only a couple of years ago, so didn't need to tweak it too much, a change in formation, the addition of Kante and they're flying and fair play to him and them, 13 rows on the bounce in this league is amazing!

20. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Harsh on Gini. Think he's been very good link up support player this year. Keeps things ticking and recycling the ball at fast pace which helps break teams down.