1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Newcastle United - Official Build Up / Matchday Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Will NUFC...

Poll closed Apr 4, 2015.
  1. Win

34.4%
  2. Lose

34.4%
  3. Draw

31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I had to chuckle when I saw that. What a numpty he looked.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

please log in to view this image

3. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

I asked a bloke for the time in the pub last night and to my embarrassment I noticed he only had one arm.
    After he'd cranked his neck at right angles to see his watch on his stump I said " I'm so sorry I didn't realise you only had one arm, however why don't you wear your watch on your good arm?"

He replied " I would but I can't wind it up "

Disco down under likes this.
  4. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace
    Forum Moderator

I thought were describing Fredor the way you started that.

5. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace
    Forum Moderator

Jimmy, you haven't said 3-1 to the Toon! I'm getting worried!

6. Warmir Pouchov

Will I make you more worried Obi? I'd quite like us to buy Wickham in the summer. I kid you not. I reckon this lad is going to blossom as soon as he gets away from Sunderland. It was a monumental error of judgement he made joining them, it set his career back. However he is still young enough and talented enough to turn it around.

Not that joining us will help him bar some magical transformation of the club in the summer.

7. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Go for it, put a bid in. Your turn to leave the ground moaning about his elephant touch, greedy attitude and complete lack of on pitch awareness. He can't even adapt to play on the side of a front three. More interested in smoking and drinking than developing his game. Please please please buy him.

8. Warmir Pouchov

I reckon he just needs the right guidance. He is not and never will be a player to play on the side of a front three. He might like the idea of it, some fans might, some managers might, but in my opinion he is a central striker. Nothing more, nothing less. I have noted how far backwards his game has gone at Sunderland. He had a lovely touch when coming through at Ipswich and when playing for England junior teams. He does seem to have let something slide and his first touch has looked awful. However I haven't forgotten those early days or the back end of last season. He just needs someone to get a grip of his career and show him the way. A lad of that size with his pace and power needs harnessed.

He is very young for strikers of that type. They never really sort themselves out until their mid twenties, when they learn how to use their size and get stronger. A good example would be players like Niall Quinn, Ibra, Luca Toni. Whether he will go on to achieve what they did is another question, but many asked the same question of them at 18-21. They all became different players at 23 onwards. He wouldn't need to reach those heights to be useful.

We could do with a target man. His problem is not having been guided very well, his attitude (the one big problem he has), and also being completely misused by Sunderland. Personally I think it has been a disaster for both parties. He has been saddled with a series of managers who have no history of developing young talent and seemed to not understand how to use him. He has been picking up big money while not really having the focus of football. This has led him astray and his game has suffered. At 21, he can still turn it round. I also think the senior pros at Sunderland are a big part of the problem. How much truth there is I'm not sure, but this clique and drinking fraternity rumour seems to dog this squad. There seems a strong powerbase, maybe too strong.

Despite Advocaat's patchy record, the one thing he cannot be accused of is lacking discipline. He is supposedly quite strict. Maybe he can help him.

9. Brian Storm

You can have him and I'll laugh like ****.

10. Warmir Pouchov

Well we can't just "have" him really. Sunderland splashed out massive money, have handed out bumper contracts, and Dithering Dickhead might like him.

Ok it might not be the big loss to Sunderland supporters that Colback was, but that is not to say he can't improve in the same way Colback has and become a very useful player. Price would need to be right of course but if 4m did the job I'd take him.

I'd back him to do well and then we'd be he ones laughing - as usual.

11. Brian Storm

Colback will have just kept on improving has he?

12. Warmir Pouchov

He has indeed. As you'd expect with his age and moving to a club higher up the league with better players (which must really burn Sunderland fans given how **** we are). I'm sure we will be a stepping stone to the next level for him when he'll improve again when he is surrounded by the next level of players. Can he get there? Hard to say, he has a lot of admirers though given oppo supporters comments.

13. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

14. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

15. Warmir Pouchov

All gazumped by...

It could have been 10.

16. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Four in a row for them is nothing. They hadn't beaten us on their patch for almost 30 years before they eventually fluked it.

17. Brian Storm

I always thought he'd develop better than Henderson, god I got that wrong but Jack still has a few years of fast development in him if he could get in a team who suits his style of play. Apart from a short period when he had Ki playing next to him he hasn't had anyone his whole career to truly complement him which is a tragedy for him really(could have done with Cabaye still being with you lot). Imagine him in a whole team who complements his style. Victim of the shower of **** this league has become as there aren't many clubs who suit his style apart from the big clubs where he'd struggle for game time. He'll improve further but will never be the player he could have been thanks to the state of the game in this country. The Premier League is **** let alone Newcastle and Sunderland, doesn't give our kids much chance to ever fulfill their potential playing crap football along side average overseas player which sadly is what this league has become imo.

18. Brian Storm

That doesn't gazump it, this does.

please log in to view this image

Chance for us to neutralize it so we're sure to **** it up <laugh>

19. Warmir Pouchov

He and Abeid are our best combo. When they play together I fancy our chances against most teams outside the top bracket. Also releases Sissoko into the roaming box to box role where he looks a lot better. I doubt Carver is even aware how good Colback and Abeid are together. It matters not because Jack will likely be at left back for the time being which is a criminal waste, and Abeid has been a regular physio room visitor.

I'd imagine we'll lose both Abeid and Colback to bigger clubs. Abeid is an unknown quantity at this stage, but I doubt very much his performances against Liverpool and Man City went completely unnoticed. Colback needs international recognition to secure a big move. That is not unthinkable given who has been getting in. Any side with a patient passing style will see him in a good light. Naturally you'd think he'd be a good addition to someone like Liverpool. They play with two sitters and to free the likes of Coutinho, Sterling etc.

Ki was a big miss for Sunderland. Rated him. He needed help with the donkey work but he had class. In the right team I could see getting a few goals and assists.

20. Warmir Pouchov

As good as that run was, the 5-1 takes some beating. It was a horrible beating. We should have scored 2 or 3 before we even got our first. Carroll might not have scored but he wiped the floor with Sunderlands defence. They had no idea what to do with him. Wish we had him now but obviously we had to sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.