1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland Vs Hull City Official Sunderland Not606 Match Thread

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Ultimitately for me the stats and form table point to a Sunderland win, that's why I'm confident we'll win this. What sort of game depends on what Bruce plans to do. I could be wrong but unless Bruce sets up in a similar shape and breaks up our play I can't see anything but a professional 3 points against Hull, let us out number you in the middle of the park with 4 in midfield I think we'll be out of sight at half time, again if Hull play three at the back I think our 3 forward will turn you inside out.

2. Brian Storm

Stats n Facts
    • Sunderland have won 6 of the last 7 meetings between the two clubs.
    • During those 7 meetings Sunderland have put away an impressive 13 goals. Hull have scored just 4.
    • Hull City failed to score a single league goal in the month of January. In contrast Sunderland managed to net a respectable 7.
    • Sunderland stand 5th in the Premier League form table picking up 11 points from their last 6 games. Hull lie 17th picking up just 4 points in their last 6 games.
    • Saturdays clash with Hull City will be Sunderland's 10th game of 2014 just a week into February.
    • The previous 9 games yielded 6 wins, 2 defeats and a single draw. Scoring a very impressive 17 goals and conceding just 7.
    • Sunderland's on loan midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng has a very impressive 91.3% pass success rate, Followed by Jack Colback with 87.4% . Jake Livermore is Hull's top passer with 82.2%.

3. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

Thank you, although I'm going off your last 4 games mate. All the best for Saturday.

4. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

It shows how well regarded Poyet must be .......... nothing was going to stop Bridcutt following Poyet to Sunderland.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Indeed. After handing in a transfer request he was always going to be on his way, I just thought others might come in for him and bump the price a bit, though the Poyet connection was always likely to swing it your way regardless.

6. Brian Storm

He looked tidy during the Derby like. Considering the magnitude of the match and it being his début premier league game. Looking forward to seeing more from him. Seems very composed.

7. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

If I was neutral I would be expecting a SAFC to win! However when we are favourites to win we tend to produce a right stinking performance! This will not be a straightforward 3 points! Wouldn't surprise me if it is drawn! I mean....when was the last time we won 3 off the belt in the league???????

8. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I keep hearing about this new forward line, £12million for 2 players that have scored 18 in 91 games between them?

That's just not very impressive, it would be a poor return for ONE striker!

I stand by for one of you mentioning Jozy, overlooking that he is NOT our main goalscorer.

9. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Difference is he didn't say you were! You said we were. I'm certainly not ****ting it over your team.

When we played you last, you only won because we scored for you and your keeper made a couple of great saves. And we had 9 men! Yeah I'm terrified

10. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

When was the last time we beat the scum 3 times in a row? 90 years ago but we just did it. Not saying it's going to be easy but we do have momentum and are playing with self belief now, the confidence is high and we're on a roll.

11. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

V. impressed. Talk about getting chucked in at the deep end.

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It's a good job you went down to nine men, you were appalling with eleven. <laugh>

13. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

We were appalling that day, I drove so I had to contend with that bastard drive twice after witnessing that.

We are a very different proposition now, the form has coincided with Wes getting fit as well as Gus coming in, however, the confidence has grown so now we look ok without Wes.

Where we find another defender like him I do not know, great career he's had, but without the injuries he could have been an all time great CB.

I do quite like Rosenior & Livermore is a good player, I'm not gonna be stupid enough to write Hull off for the game, I just think we will win.

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Obviously I'm aware that you've got your arse in gear under Poyet and I'm expecting a hard game, I'll be more than happy with a point.

At least coming to our place and back isn't that bad a drive, I drove to Norwich and back a couple of weeks ago, seven hours driving and we were utter ****e.

15. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Hull isn't a pleasant drive either to be fair, although nothing, nowhere is worse than East Anglia!

It's not the time & distance getting to Hull, it's the long stretches where you get slowed down, without fail, when you come off and join the 62/63

16. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Looking at the form table and the stats we have to be the favourites. We were terrible at the start of season but now we're not and the way things are going under Gus we have every right to be confident.

Jelavic and Long are both decent but even with them I see them as being one of the worst sides in the league. Even if they play great and beat us I would still think that. Their fans don't seem to be able to acknowledge it but form is important, especially in a relegation battle, and theirs is terrible.

17. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

Going west before you go norf is the ****e

18. Calamty Jane

Calamty Jane Well-Known Member

A point would be good for us but think you need to win before starting on your fixtures from hell run.
    I have now started resting my voice in readiness for Saturday.My prediction for Saturday-great atmosphere from two genuine sets of fans.
    PS apologies to S and P for the embarrassing action taken by our "powers that be".They seem to have forgotten that this is a football forum where some people will take the piss.

19. Shameless

Shameless Well hung member

Hull is full of Nazi's, in-breds and people have a permanent wunny noses

20. Calamty Jane

Calamty Jane Well-Known Member

You forgot really loud voices-as you will discover at the weekend.
    I am practising the "maul" for an hour everyday this week.