1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Super league ****housery back

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Captainpancakes, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Captainpancakes

Captainpancakes Well-Known Member

I can't say this is a surprise... The news proposals will be just as revolting.

2. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

If we ever have anything to do with that bollocks, I’m finished with football.

Flash likes this.
  3. Captainpancakes

We won't it's clubs like ours they want removed from their concern.

4. Captainpancakes

5. Hamish McMagdad

Hamish McMagdad cult leader

Yeah......... I take it you haven't quite sussed out who the big source of funding for the first one was yet then? <laugh>

It always takes the Italians and especially those in Millan a bit longer to figure what's real and what's fantasy out longer than everyone else.

6. Captainpancakes

The source was American.

tenor (14).gif

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  7. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Leadership[edit]
    The launch of the ESL included announcement of the leadership of the organisation. The following table below shows each football executive who became involved in the competition's operations, and their role they held within the sport:[33][39]

Position Name Nationality Other positions
    Chairman Florentino Pérez
    please log in to view this image
    Spain President of Real Madrid
    Vice-chairman Andrea Agnelli
    Italy Chairman of Juventus
    Vice-chairman Joel Glazer
    United States Co-chairman of Manchester United
    Vice-chairman John W. Henry
    United States Owner of Liverpool
    Vice-chairman Stan Kroenke
    United States Owner of Arsenal
    According to reports, Gavin Patterson, former BT Sport boss, was approached to take up the role of Chief Executive Officer.[40]

8. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Some big clubs really desperate for a cash injection….

I hope some of them go out of business

Consett Mag likes this.
  9. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

That's the whole point of it ie guaranteed income every year hence clubs like Barca,Madrid,Juve,Inter etc all broke but pushing for it anyway.

10. Shearers Right Boot

Shearers Right Boot Well-Known Member

I'd love to see them go bankrupt. The whole arrogant lot of them.

Consett Mag likes this.

11. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

I think one of the sentences that riles me the most is along the lines of "FFP was brought in to stop another Man City, Chelsea or PSG". Er, how about doing something about them all NOW?

magpie290761 likes this.
  12. Shearers Right Boot

Shearers Right Boot Well-Known Member

Either do something now or let us off with a billion each to catch up.

magpie290761 likes this.
  13. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

and this is where we could take them to the cleaners legally as it has to be restraint of trade.

magpie290761 likes this.
  14. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

This.
    In most other areas of business there are rules in place to encourage and enable fair competetion, to help avoid monopolies.
    Not barriers to prevent others from competing with those already at the top.
    But then football is just corrupt from the very top, with FIFA being someo of the worst culprits.

Captainpancakes and magpie290761 like this.
  15. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

The issue is UEFA/FIFA. They're like those parents who forever threaten their dreadful children but never, ever make good on those threats.

"Don't do that or there's no TV for you. I'm warning you, stop it now. Right now. Ok, that's it, no TV later."

One hour later.

"Mummy, can I watch TV?"

"Sure. McDonald's for dinner sound good?"

How the **** is nobody asking why/how Barcelona are in the Champions League? There's been probes and questions about City and PSG, but who ****ing cares? Like it or not, they have massively wealthy owners and sound business models. Get over it.

They (UEFA) failed spectacularly to get one over those clubs mainly because (and this is similar to our takeover issues) the actual organisations - UEFA, FIFA, FA, Premier League - are actually pissy little marketing companies with a grossly over-inflated opinion of themselves. They have no power, they are nowhere near the size and scale of either the clubs or the people behind the clubs. Who is Infantino? A self-indulgent prick. A football politician, for ****s sake. He has nothing, no power. All the 'threats' are there to stop anyone challenging the status quo, because it's the status quo who decide what's happening.

Clubs are getting wise to it - we're the most fortunate of "the rest" because we've worked out how to break them down. Slower, bit by bit. Gradually take little pieces. But, by Christ, someone needs to grow some ****ing balls and put a salary cap in place before the whole thing comes crashing down. There should be a cap on agent fee, on salary, on any one-off signing bonus and any related bonuses. All should be regulated and structured. Then it's purely down to transfer fees. Bosman should also be scrapped. A registration of a player should be for life, that's the deal, contracts indefinite. They can be renegotiated of course but there's got to be a better way than the current bollocks. Any club developing players need never lose out. None of this £50m for Haaland bullshit.

16. boxheed

boxheed Well-Known Member

A long read….. but spot on :emoticon-0148-yes:

17. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

That journalist is a ****ing imbecile btw.

How many times does the thick prick need to say proposals

Munson. likes this.
  18. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

too many words for me. But I agree anyhow.

19. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

We are coming into an "Era Change-over" - not really sure what else to call it - but it probably happens every 25-30 years. It's the natural order and while it's always happened there's never been so much riding on being a "top team".

Look back at history and Sunderland and Everton won 10 league titles between them from 1888 up until 1900 and since then have won 3 between them, between 1966/67 and 1992/93 Man U didn't win a title. Arsenal were the dominant team in the 1930's winning 4 league titles on the bounce and then only 3 more until the 90's and are slipping away again now having had a decent spell for a few decades. We are 30 years into the "Premier League Era" now and Liverpool have fought back from a dry spell and we currently have Chelsea and City are superpowers having won 3 times in the last 120 years before Chelsea in the 00's and City in the 2010's came into some money, thing is though before the Premier League/Sky era it hasn't been as costly falling down the pecking order.

Think a lot of these clubs realize the sands are shifting and new clubs are coming through, Leicester will have scared them massively, and, with all the money at stake nowadays they will do anything to cling on to it. Thing is though, if those clubs go to a European Super League they wont have the following that they do currently and it'll all fall to ****, the fans aren't interested in a super league and you won't fill stadia with online viewing creating dead atmospheres and leading to a lack of interest and if there is a lack of interest there will be a lack of money. It may work for the first 3-5 seasons as something shiny and new clamoring attention but it's a short term solution to those clubs who are desperate to hold on to their cash cow and they would be cutting their nose off to spite their face in the longer term. If they do start a Super League there must be NO way back for them bar starting again at the very bottom of the pyramid's in their respective countries.

20. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

The problem with scraping Bosman or life long contracts is neither can happen.

Bosman was brought in to protect players.

Contracts with term length terms are there to protect both the clubs and the players.

If you didn’t stipulate lengths in contracts then players would be swapping around left right and centre.

The issue here is the finances need audited better. There should be governance from top to bottom and if owners want to put money in then that’s fine.

I have a big issue with clubs with 100’s of players on their books. Hoovering up talent and then selling them on for huge profits when they never had any intention of playing them.

Delusional Full Stop likes this.