1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Survival Chances

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by ThaiCanary, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

Can anyone join in the straw grasping? I think our best chance of EPL survival will most likely be in 2024/2025

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I disagree 2035/36 should be a good season .

Canary Rob and RiverEndRick like this.
  3. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Rashica was much better in the last games he played before he was injured. He's back in training now and has the ability to get behind defences. Placheta has been much better and if he can make his pace count he could make a difference. The cup game should give Tzolis and Sargent a chance to develop further, especially if they can have the impact they had against Bournemouth when they scored two goals apiece.

4. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Robbie try to actually read and understand what people are writing before making rude comments. It does you no favours when you keep misrepresenting what people write so you can maintain your deluded sense of superiority.

5. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

I think the Pukki comment is unfair, Duncan. He's scored five goals this season in a truly awful team. OK, two of those were penalties, but how many 'good chances' has he had? 10, at the very most? One in two is not a bad stat for a lower Prem striker. (And I wouldn't call the volley against Newcastle a 'good chance'.)

For me, the problem going forward is the midfield, which totally lacks any creativity, having lost our three most creative players. Buendia, of course, but also, to a lesser extent, Vrançic and Cantwell. They were the only players we had who had the vision to spot a killer pass and the technical ability to make it. I suspect Webber and Farke thought Gilmour would be able to replace them, but he just doesn't seem up to it at this point in his career. And it's not fair to expect McLean to suddenly be able to do it because that's not his skill set.

Yes, he may not quite be the Pukki of 18/19, but he's still a damn sight better than anyone else we have.

SuffolkCanary likes this.
  6. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

In the context of sell a couple of players to buy another person that may match his 3 goals or better.

Sargent and Idah aren't doing it

7. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Pukki isn't the problem. We need other outfield players scoring goals and creating chances.

zogean_king likes this.
  8. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Pukki has 6 goals in 8 games for Finland this year. And if I remember right, last time in the PL he got all 11 of his goals by mid-January before he hurt his toe. Then we had the covid break after which the whole team tanked.

RiverEndRick likes this.
  9. mike555

mike555 Well-Known Member

Robbie making allowances for having a depleted squad due to injuries and illness !!! If only he had been half as understanding when Herr Farke was at the helm. .

ncgandy likes this.