1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 2 v. 0 Leicester City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

IMO it is a must win , we have a history of not seizing the moment beating teams who are struggling .I've disregarded Leicester's credentials as Champions this is the here and now , to have beaten Liverpool and Southampton ( who were not struggling at the time )will mean little if we can't put Leicester to the sword and gain the 3 points . we are running out of games and we can't keep thinking we'll be safe without winning games at home

2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Llorente for me will be too old to be main striker as he'll be another year older next year. We can't rely on someone 32-33 years of age to be our main striker. We need someone around 25-27 next year.

Gylfi staying depends on what happens the rest of the season.

Stumpy likes this.
  3. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I'm fully expecting Siggy to leave this summer even if we stay up.

4. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

We should reject all offers under £30m for him. Will anyone pay more for him?

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I want them to win 10-0 Rhod and come here on a blind high

Rhodthesod and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  6. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I'm not so we'll see who's right.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  7. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

It's not about being right though is it ?
    Everyone wants Gylfi to stay. Everyone. Nobody wins if he leaves.
    I just think he's been so high profile this season that lots of teams will have interest, and with our record of being pushovers when it comes to selling then I think if anyone offers 20 Million we'll rip their hands off.

8. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Why would we accept £20m when we've just reportedly turned down a £30m bid?

swan_and_only likes this.
  9. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I fully expect Siggy to want to stay if we stay up . Now what the " New " owners want to do is another thing .
    Got no probs making a bundle off of Llorente in the summer if we stay up for two reasons 1- Getting older at an older age . 2- I actually believe Llorente is playing happy right now , that might change at the start of next season . But in both cases , it's a win win either way .

Stumpy and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  10. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

If we stay up I don want to lose either, if we have found a striker (llorente) who can get us maybe 15 goals in a side that has been playing poorly, then what could he do if we improve the side around him. How much problem have we had in finding a decent striker since we let Bony go. We haven't found one till now, Gomis failed, Eder failed, Paloschi failed, Baston failing. I don't care whether he is 32 that is not old in modern football and we can not afford to give those goals up next season. For me I really hope he stays as we will need his goals next season. As for Siggy he is Siggy and I don't ever want him to leave the club, though I suspect he will as will Llorente if any one offers us near 10m, The Yanks will still want to be in the black in the transfer window so they can make their bank balances to look better.

11. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

In fairness , Paloschi never had time to fail and Eder never played enough to fail .

Stumpy and swanseaandproud like this.
  12. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

Leicester fielding a very weak team in the FAC tonight! So they will be up for Sunday!

13. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We need to really sort ourselves out in the summer and start off loading players that are one game wonders and are not consistent enough and the wages they get does not justify keeping them. We will probably lose Gylfi and Llorente to better contracts than we can offer because money talks in this game so i hope the club makes sure we get a good deal with sell on clauses.... The problem we have at the minute is we don't know for absolute certain what league we will be in next season and that makes it difficult with planning for future players and i am hoping things can become much clearer as long as we keep picking up points and that is the reason why we must try and win all our home games and at least a draw in away games. I'm not that naive to think we can achieve that but we have to strive for that. Anyway whatever happens and which ever league we are in i want a change of chairmanship who has vision....

14. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Huw has a vision though. Just not one which advances the club.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  15. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I hope you're right

16. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

If we cant beat Leicester at home after the season they have had then maybe we don't deserve to stay in the premiership.......I think we are better than them and I hope the players think so too and beat them comfortable....4 - 0 and claw back some of the GD that could well come in to play at the end....

17. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Whoever has the least accumulated points over the season deserves to go down not who loses one game. We've lost many times to relegated teams but did we deserve to go down?!

I agree that we have a team capable of winning this weekend but in the premiership no games are definite wins.

LydfordSA1 likes this.
  18. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I think our goal difference is so poor that it won't have any effect on whether we stay up or not. It's all down to the points we can accumalate

Stereo likes this.
  19. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

In all fairness Paloschi was released by the man who signed him as he wasn't good enough, he didn't have time as he wasn't good enough, same goes for Eder. Sorry but true as if there was anything thing there or any sign he would have come on then he would have still been here.

20. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

EURO 2016 winning goalscorer.....<whistle>

Stumpy likes this.