1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 2 v. 0 Leicester City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Feb 5, 2017.

1. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

that does make me laugh he scores 1 goal that still doesn't make him a player good enough for the Pl. He simply wasn't doing anything here to justify keeping him and he wasn't good enough.

Bap666 likes this.
  2. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

You assume Guidolin let him go without knowing the actually reasoning . Seeing you had your guess , my guess is Paloschi wanted out . It's a bit funny to me that your a bigger critic of Paloschi than Baston . I think Paloschi is a better player than Baston , but I guess we both have our opinions lefty

swanseaandproud likes this.
  3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

He played well what are you talking about ? I don't know why he did not stay long but it was not because of his ability...

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Why would he want out 5 months after being signed by the same manager, for £8m which would have meant a very generous wage packet, in the best league in the world?

Answer - he wasn't good enough and we cut our losses, as we'll do with Baston in the summer.

5. seabreeze

Answer , he didn't like the way the club was run... see , we both have opinions without knowing .

Stumpy likes this.
  6. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I think both Paloschi and Eder had potential and both started off very brightly but all too quickly both seemed to lose interest. I think Eder in particular was hard done by and not given any opportunity to settle imo.

Its all irrelevant anyway, even if they did spark under Guidolin, Bewildered Bob would have killed them off when he showed up here to take the piss.

Baston, what the hell, even Clement doesn't seem interested in him so you have to ask, why did we spend £15.5m on him? His agent must be laughing his cock off.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Kifflom! and seabreeze like this.
  7. seabreeze

I'm not sure what Eder or Paloschi would have done if given some sort of opportunity stump , only that you can't draw a conclusion out of midair ..... well unless your Baston . Two thirds into the season and Baston has played 500 minutes and scored a single goal but gets half the flak Palosch or Eder got .

Stumpy likes this.
  8. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I've provided a possible answer whereas you keep saying he wanted out without proof.

Either way, he wasn't good enough.

9. seabreeze

What part of " Opinion " don't you understand valley . Both were our opinions . If you want " Proof " of my opinion , give me proof of your opinion :)

10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

You have said from day one that he wanted out.

11. seabreeze

who told you that .. Aussie ...lol

12. seabreeze

Anyways , big game for both clubs and I'll bet neither would settle for a draw before the first whistle .

Stumpy likes this.
  13. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I think there's far more pressure on Leicester than us.

Crowned PL Champions, they now see themselves in the position of being in the relegation zone if they lose. Going into a week when they will be playing a huge Champions League match they could do without all the negative pressure that will bring to them.

It's a huge match for both Clubs.

14. seabreeze

With a have dozen games left , I don't think Leicester will be in the relegation battle whitey . Us , Boro , Hull , Sunderland and Palace ... I just don't see any other teams in it with a half dozen to go .

15. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I'd agree, but the fact that this match could sink them into the bottom three is bound to give them a bit of a fear factor. That can affect players in two ways, positive or negative. Lets hope its the latter.

Stumpy likes this.
  16. trundles left foot

17. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Lol. It is usually the kiss of death. <laugh>

Roof: your belief that Paloschi's departure was because "he didn't like the way the Club was run".....I'd really like to know how you reach that conclusion even though it relates to matters that are in the past that are irrelevant now. Genuinely curious.

To the present, Baston was seen as a hot prospect by Curtis and he spoke very highly of him, but for whatever reason that support has faded. We'll never know whether that's down to the player, his ability or him "not liking the way the club is run". He'll be gone in the Summer, I suspect.

We are where we are so let's not get sidetracked on the thread. A huge game for us, Leicester will be targeting this one too so makes for an interesting match. Clement's tactics will be something to watch as well. Do we get at them, knowing that they're an effective counter-attacking side? Or perhaps wait for them to make a move and do it to them - that's the way we've been playing lately but could lead to a bore draw.

I hope Clement gets it right. If he does, 2-0 to us.

18. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  19. seabreeze

To the past , after we stayed up with Guidolin all he was saying about Paloschi was great things afterwards . How he would get us lots of goals and how he will prove his worth . Well to me , that doesn't sound like Guidolin wanted Paloschi to leave anytime soon . Now , to me , the only things left are he wanted to leave or someone besides Guidolin wanted him to leave .

20. trundles left foot

Roof are you sure he said that because at the end of the season it was rumoured straight away that Atalanta had come in from him. I remember him saying those things when he signed him but not at the end of the season, but maybe you can show where Guidolin said that, anyway Paloschi failed to deliver and seems he is failing to deliver at Atalanta as well. Think we did well to get rid and get as much as we did for him.

But back to Sunday, I just hope that this MotM doesn't strike on Sunday. If we can get in front again we will win the game.