1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, May 3, 2022.

1. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

I’m not replying :emoticon-0105-wink: … I’m commenting on an observation

2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Right oh.

3. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

I've previously given SLF and Hoos the benefit of the doubt but I hate what we're hearing about how things are going down. This is mismanagement pure and simple. If Charlie was open to discussion then you at least have them. It might be just me but I thought he looked leaner in the last few games and the Sheff U goal proves he still has that Instinct that sadly someone like Dykes is likely never going to have.
    I have a really bad feeling about where we're headed, from what for the most part was a very pleasing season to now feeling like like we're a soulless husk again.
    If we don't get off to a flyer next season things are going to turn very ugly.

bobmid, rangercol and Ranger4ever like this.
  4. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I wrote in a recent post I thought Austin looked in better shape the last few games, so you aren't alone on that. He showed he can still put a small chance like that away too. Think we may have made a mistake letting him go like that. Same with Ball and, (just to confirm:)) definitely a mistake with Warburton.

Frome-Ranger and peter1954qpr like this.
  5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Whilst we obviously disagree about Warburton, I definitely feel we should have made more effort to retain Ball, Austin and Barbet.
    I suppose, now we're hearing about so much discontent and in-fighting within the club, we really can't know what's been happening behind the scenes.

bobmid, QPR Oslo and SW Ranger like this.
  6. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

You’re right Col. We, as fans, can only piece together the snippets we are fed from all different directions - news outlets, players, ex-manager. Notably we’re not hearing anything from our hierarchy. Players who were expecting contract talks, left hanging; high wage player prepared to take a contract cut not spoken to; manager’s position left hanging and just told your no longer required. All really poor management and cut-throat approach that I don’t really want to hear from our club (because it goes against my ethos of honest but fair management, even when making tough decisions).

With Charlie, he’s been a great servant to the club and has, with his family, some passion for QPR and deserved at least a discussion and offer on the clubs financial terms. I think his time has come as he really isn’t able to fill 90 minutes. But I do think it needs a manager/DoF/medical team discussion for the best of the club and forward progression. Barbet was a no brainier contract discussion - must make a player feel wanted to be having contract discussions before the season ends (wouldn’t people like Les and Chris know that?).

We had/have people who want to be at the club left hanging and with a bitter taste wondering whether a move is a better option after the club has spent so much time building a team with great spirit this season. I hope the new manager can rebuild that team and spirit - he really needs to so we can get off to a decent start.

7. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Thought the Club said we were going to hold talks with Barbet and others, Albert and Moses two of the others if I remember right. I read Clive reckons Barbet will only be made a derisory offer and he'll be off too, because he's a Warburton signing, but gotta hope that's not true. Barbet will be a gift to be snapped up for free by our competition if he is released, and surely deserves a new contract, been almost ever present and consistently good over the last 3 years. Albert looks fit enough for another year to me too. I hope Moses with his pace and ability on both right and left sides can get another year too if he can prove his fitness again.

8. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I do find it rather strange that certain players didnt have talks held, especially as any new manager might have wanted to retain their servives. I cant help but think that we have totally shot ourselves in both feet here. We as fans deserve to know whats going on at our club.

9. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Anyone else really fed up? In this day and age the club can't be unaware of feeling amongst fans but they seem set on this cloak and dagger bullshit.

Hoop-Leif likes this.
  10. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

I for one have the right hump. Not entirely R’s related more a mix of pressure of work and being a naturally miserable ba5tard, for me the glass is half-full, of pi55.

Anyway, my saviour distraction of being a hoops fan has been overall, a poor Samaritan as a source of cheer over the years. For each fleeting period of joy there is a prolonged agony of frustration, anger, disappointment or misery. It’s like marriage.

Hoop-Leif and Frome-Ranger like this.

11. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

All I can say...is I do not think Hoos is to blame here....in any shape or form

He runs the money side of the club. He keeps us FFP compliant and solvent.

He says we have this amount to spend on transfer and/or salaries. He does not tell us who to buy...he might tell who we cannot afford, but then it is up to the board to counter his opinion and go against his advice.

His job is to run a financial company...the creative side (what we produce) the football team and salable assets are down to other people..DoF, manager and coaching staff.

I don't even think telling Ball is on his way...is down to Hoos either.. it is down to the manager ( who we don't currently have) and then the DoF.

The only two things you can say about Hoos, is the reluctance to discuss next year's contracts...but even that would be a collective decision to see where we would be next year...
    And season tickets..which I don't get why we haven't heard...we know they are going up...everything is.

Frome-Ranger and Rodney like this.
  12. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

The Hoos is the man who will not be blamed for nothing.

(5 points for the reference)

13. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Jack the Ripper?

Hammersmith bookie and Stroller like this.
  14. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Points awarded. A graffito said to have been related to the Ripper Crimes, 'The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing'.

Hammersmith bookie likes this.
  15. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

I kind of like the John Wilding theory that it was an anagram, which translated to : FG Abberline now hate MJ Druitt. He sent the woman to hell. Far fetched yes, but so we're many others including the Masonic links. We'll never know but Druitt was certainly a suspect at the time.