1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Takeover (Covid-19/20)

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by RobEllious, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Not only that. He has acted 12 times for cases involving bird and bird in which 3 where on behalf of bird and bird.

And he has advised the PL on their own legal policies.

He’s basically on their payroll.

2. Prince Isak (GG)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....eover-arbitration-premier-league-20145134.amp

Having re-read this article. I am of the opinion that we may not even get a fair case. Beloff even directly advised the PL on the actual O & D test itself re foreign owners and in particular piracy.

Subsequently it was changed.

I mean you don’t then, after advising the PL of the actual O & D test change mentioned, go and rule against your own advice.......

3. Prince Isak (GG)

Had Newcastle had been informed of these facts before Beloff was confirmed as chair, the club would not have approved the QC's appointment.

"Shortly after the chairman provided that advice in 2017, the rules were changed to prevent a foreign owner involved in alleged broadcasting piracy from passing the test," a club statement read.

"This information concerned the club given the following context: in a much-publicised letter to EPL clubs in April 2020, BeIN Sports called for the EPL to “strictly apply” the OADT to prevent the Saudi sovereign wealth fund, PIF, from being involved in the takeover of the club because BeIN alleged that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (‘the KSA’) was involved in broadcasting piracy."

4. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Well-Known Member

Exactly the scales were rigged and nufc have no chance.

If course the its happening brigade managed to turn demarcos loss into a tactical move.

Offft GTFO.. They wanted him out and lost and try also lost the right to get the details made public.

There's only 1 winner and its the premier league

5. Prince Isak (GG)

And **** me he even admitted to “withholding information” in connection that he had been appointed by Bird and Bird on 3 separate occasions.

A day later, the QC wrote a note confirming his decision to not stand down. Beloff 'accepted that he ought to have disclosed the three appointments' by Bird & Bird but in relation to the 2017 advice, he stated:

"Section F is not relevant to the issue to be decided in this arbitration by this tribunal albeit it might become so dependent on its outcome. Whichever body might become seized of Section F will have to apply Section F as it stands to any relevant facts."

6. Rex Kramer

Nufc can't win

7. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

8. Prince Isak (GG)

And the final paragraph is basically saying. The arbitration is not to prove section F..... but it just so happens (co-incidentally) that if the arb proves the state ownership then section F kicks in.

I hope NDC is as good as they say he is because it’s hard to see us having a fair crack at the whip.

9. Rex Kramer

Basically there's 3

1 the prem picked
    1 nufc picked
    1 neutral that works for the premier league

Lol

Good luck

10. Prince Isak (GG)

Not just for the PL but also for their own solicitors to.

It’s basically 2 v 1 with one of the 2 having the final say.

11. Prince Isak (GG)

And not only that aswell. We have tried our best and failed to get him removed. He rejected the removal. It was referred and still upheld.

Effectively not only are we not on a par from the outset but we have also pissed the man off. Questioned his integrity and gone above him to remove him.

Yes but of course he is still going to remain impartial while he winks at masters and co. Ahem!

12. Rex Kramer

Exactly he's the chairman too..

Mate nufc haven't got a chance if it goes to arbitration.. It doesn't matter how strong a case they have because the scales have been rigged.

The only hope they have is an agreement being made before it gets that far.

I think we have to hope the CAT case isn’t thrown out because there is without a doubt something or somethings the premier league, the 6 a BEin do not want to come out.

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  13. Prince Isak (GG)

One final piece before I go for my muesli.

Beloff then entered into correspondence with Bird & Bird, 'which was not copied contemporaneously to Dentons', and confirmed he had 'no recollection' of the 2017 advice.

HE HAD NO RECOLLECTION????

Of the advice that just so happens to be the choke point of the WHOLE ****in arbitration case. One which he advised the PL and THEY just so happened to change the rules based PURELY on said advice???????

But he can’t remember what that was.

FFS it’s comedy gold!

Munson. likes this.
  14. Prince Isak (GG)

@captain wrong @Sheikh_of_Araby Sheik I need you to provide me with some legal ninja **** because I’m worried that it doesn’t matter how much evidence we have the scales are fully tilted!

15. Rex Kramer

Not my game I use common sense really.

It just seems to me they want to go to arbitration IF they can hide the dirty stuff.

I think it's not going to end well, but obviously I can't be sure... Nobody can it's just people saying which way they think the club will flip..

16. Prince Isak (GG)

As @Roland Deschain leaned towards yesterday you have to question the motive of the PL to dig their heels in so deep on this one.

Why are they so intent on making sure the takeover doesn’t happen?

17. Rex Kramer

More than one reason, but here's a few I can think of

1.the big 6
    2.Bein
    3. The feel the stare fails their test
    4. They don't want mbs who's involved in a murder in.
    5. The appeals from amnesty and kashoggis wife

The premier league doesn't need newcastle to be more than what it is.. Its already the Derek chisora of the division.. A place for the big clubs to show off in a full stadium and a good away following that makes the big 6 home games on Monday night a good spectacle for TV.

THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO WIN

18. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about that. I suspect thst NUFC has a mountain of evidence that the PL are trying to keep within their own arbitration process.

The fact that the PL are asking for extensions to delay matters says to me that they are absolutely terrified.

If you want my honest opinion, I think that NUFC has evidence demonstrating that the PL have tried to stop competition from other clubs and had knowledge of the ESL.

19. Prince Isak (GG)

I’m worried because in connection with the arbitration we won’t hear the evidence. Yes we will hear the outcome and the reasoning behind the outcome.

But does it all come down to a matter of actual fact? If it does then the PL don’t have a leg to stand on.

If it comes down to conjecture then it’s dodgy grounds. The PL will literally just say “but who has the final say?”...........

20. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Why are people stressing?

@Sheikh_of_Araby has clarified everything.

I reckon Mike Ashley said he wants it done by 1st July to force the PL's hands. Put it through by that time and the CAT case disappears. Not a coincidence that he said this just before all the time scales of the cases were released