1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Takeover (Covid-19/20)

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by RobEllious, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Do I? Mint, what do I need to do?

2. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Just get behind the club and the players.

Stop causing unrest it's self harming

3. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Last home game i went to was about 18 month ago and I've got no plans to go back, not sure how I'm causing unrest

Roland Deschain likes this.
  4. Rudekid

Mate when I say nufc fans in talking in general terms.

5. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

So all NUFC fans except you? <laugh>

6. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

This is a sensible approach. Probably right too. I get what your saying.

I just find it very hard to support Bruce.

Munson. likes this.
  7. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Personally think League One is a sure-fire way to see the back of the odious turd who owns it. Leeds survived it. City survived it.

It's just my opinion, but I think anyone paying for (home) tickets, going to matches, hurts the long term future of the club. Why would you want to survive to just keep surviving, which is the very thing the majority of fans are moaning about? It's voluntary purgatory, acute insanity.

8. Prince Isak (GG)

How far are you willing to……ahem I mean. You have to strap yourself in for the final **** ride.

Ben 10 likes this.
  9. Roland Deschain

The thing is, none of it belongs to the fans. No fan would choose to run the club this way, would choose that manager or players like Hendrick, Hayden, etc., would choose wheelie bin baths, would choose to not invest in youth or facilities, and so on. I don't really understand how anyone identifies with the club as "theirs", it's not been ours for more than a decade.

The history is there and won't change, but the present is a dead shell and deserves as much support as any other dead relative - at best, an annual visit to put flowers on the grave. Hell, that's a protest - fans turning up in their thousands with a small bunch of flowers, drop them at the gate then **** off to the pub to get pissed.

CaraMatt likes this.
  10. Prince Isak (GG)

I get what your saying here. It wouldn’t even surprise me if the CAT case falls apart anyways but we have to see.

Ashley can’t keep doing what he is forever as eventually we will just fall away. Then he just keeps us ticking over perpetually. He won’t sell for a loss.

If we got relegated twice the value would be rock bottom. He won’t sell then for peanuts. He is more likely to keep hold and try and gamble his way back to get his losses back and then we are back where we where.

Reality is that I actually agree with @Roy Munson on this one.

Munson. likes this.

11. Rudekid

I know it mate.

Sadly the Toon fans are going to make the job look less appealing to any **** managers that are on the list and they're going to help get the club relegated

12. Prince Isak (GG)

Also agree with this but it’s a connection which is hard to sever and the fact is we hope it changes. Pray even.

It’s akin to a religion in some respects. I hate the club, Ashley, Bruce and the whole **** show. Man I even blame some of the players but honestly think that under an actual manager who isn’t in the 80’s still we would be a solid mid table side.

13. Rudekid

Love you mate

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  14. Rudekid

This is true... The 'OUR' club thing is actually factually incorrect.

It's Mike Ashley's club and we're welcome to buy a ticket just like at any other event.

It's his.. all of it

15. Prince Isak (GG)

The other issue is it makes us less attractive to buy if the fans stay away or protest.

Rumour has it that Gary Neville and Jamie carragher are coming up on Friday afternoon in the pubs to talk to the fans but you know it’s just going to paint us in a dumb stupid way. All manipulated to make us look like complete idiots. Making the club even less attractive.

magpie290761 and Munson. like this.
  16. Rudekid

Spot on.

This paper planes, tennis balls and whistles thing is an absolute joke.

17. Roland Deschain

It's all opinions, but Ashley's lost money before and, honestly, this doesn't really matter enough as he can write a lot of the debt off and get tax breaks, don't think of it as simple as him "losing money".

Yes, he'd like top dollar, but I am 99% convinced the PIF deal is well away from the table and he's talking to two other parties. Whether that yields a sale or not, who knows, though I think if it's not done by end of October, it never will be until we fall well away and his notion of scraping back all his investment is well and truly dead.

There's nothing in it for him to own a League One club. He's not an investor, he speculates and gambles, NUFC would just be yet another bet he loses - and he's lost plenty (Debenhams, for example, £150m gone). His wealth will go up to something like £10bn in the next decade so NUFC is irrelevant.

I just can't work out what there is to support. ASM is here to be sold, Joelinton was a similar gamble. If either does really well, we'll cash in, so what's to support? We survive so, what, we can try again? We play Man U, Chelsea, City, to fulfil a fixture list on the way to a defeat? We have no scouting, facilities, future, U23's are **** and indisciplined, the image of NUFC is tarnished heavily on the continent. It's a LOOOOOOONG way back from here even if we're taken over this year.

NUFC has no purpose or point, and I don't see how or why anyone would invest time let alone money into it. I enjoy chatting to you lads on here but that is the sum total of my involvement in the club. I'd still chat here if we were in League One, so I'd take that particular gamble and see if we can finally shed ourselves of Ashley's cancer. We could be a bit cleansed. Leeds were similar, they were really poorly run, went down, stayed down - someone then saw the potential came in and now they're seen as sizeable again, progressive, investing. It can be done. But at the moment we're without any kind of hope.

18. Prince Isak (GG)

Another issue for Leeds game is that the club have made the tickets available for general sale. If Leeds score and celebrate amongst our fans there is the potential for chaos.

This will also make us look like idiots and that’s what the media want. It’s a recipe for disaster.

Friday could be a complete and utter disaster for us.

19. Roland Deschain

Exactly. It's why we need to be down the leagues, away from the spotlight, where 15k crowds are acceptable. Staying up just keeps the narrative going, ungrateful fans, unrealistic expectations, the club is where it is, etc. We need purging.

20. Rudekid

I hope there's a brawl personally but that's just me.

It'll have more effect than some paper planes

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.